News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2021 (Image Heavy op)

Started by Faelrin, November 29, 2020, 10:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

I wonder if the Ouranosaurus and the Edmontosaurus are sculpted by the same person.

Quote from: Reuben03 on April 11, 2021, 01:05:18 PM
WHAT THE HELL EVEN ARE SNAP SQUADS?

They are super deformed or chibi figures.
Think of Funko Pops, but actually cute instead whatever Pops are.

WHAT IS UP WITH THAT CARNOTAUR??

Essentially a scaled up Snap Squad.

HOW DO THEY MESS UP FEET AND TAILS SO BAD???

Short tails are due to space issues.  Retailers hate big items. Big feet for stability. Not sure why the polydactyly on Ourano and Edmonto.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

i just want good dinosaurs lol

That's what CollectA, Eofauna, PNSO, and Safari Ltd are for.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

I wish they provided backgrounds to print from these packages, would just be a fun thing to do for your collection. 

Carnoking

The carnotaurus is adorable, I will die on this hill.

ItsTwentyBelow

why do mattel flick between being great and sucking in the most bipolar way???

like,

WHAT THE HELL EVEN ARE SNAP SQUADS? WHAT IS UP WITH THAT CARNOTAUR?? HOW DO THEY MESS UP FEET AND TAILS SO BAD???

Do you really feel that threatened simply because Mattel makes more Jurassic World toys than just the 3 3/4 line, or what? Why post this? Obviously they are not going for accuracy with the Snap Squad figures, which are a completely separate toy line.

Are any mods going to say anything to Reuben03 about this? I expect to be able to browse the forum free of borderline offensive, immature, knee-jerk spam posts like these.

On another note, does anyone know when we can expect pics of the other two Camp Cretaceous human-dino 2 packs?

Faelrin

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon There are some pull outs that come with some of the sets (such as some of the Legacy Collection sets, like the one I use for most of my reviews on the blog, or the recent Camp Adventure set), but I agree it would be nice if there were more ways to get those backgrounds to use as backdrops other then what is mainly intended for packaging).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

Quote from: suspsy on April 11, 2021, 03:10:48 PM

That's what CollectA, Eofauna, PNSO, and Safari Ltd are for.

Yeah, although to be fair, it seems like he wants good action figures in particular. And aside from BotM, those just don't really exist.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Reuben03

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on April 11, 2021, 05:36:20 PM
why do mattel flick between being great and sucking in the most bipolar way???

like,

WHAT THE HELL EVEN ARE SNAP SQUADS? WHAT IS UP WITH THAT CARNOTAUR?? HOW DO THEY MESS UP FEET AND TAILS SO BAD???

Do you really feel that threatened simply because Mattel makes more Jurassic World toys than just the 3 3/4 line, or what? Why post this? Obviously they are not going for accuracy with the Snap Squad figures, which are a completely separate toy line.

Are any mods going to say anything to Reuben03 about this? I expect to be able to browse the forum free of borderline offensive, immature, knee-jerk spam posts like these.

On another note, does anyone know when we can expect pics of the other two Camp Cretaceous human-dino 2 packs?

i was going to say no i do not feel threatened by SNAP SQUADS HAHA

but then i remembered... those eyes...

remember prehistoric pets?
its like those just,

without everything that made them moderately good.

sorry i know this is the only confrontation free place on the internet, but seriously i can't pretend snap squads are not... snap squads.

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Reuben03

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 11, 2021, 07:36:24 PM

Yeah, although to be fair, it seems like he wants good action figures in particular. And aside from BotM, those just don't really exist.

yes! thank you! quality like we see from safari ltd and CollectA, but action figures shouldn't be too much to ask for!

im quite fond of lontic rn. great colours, and feathers too!!
they're certainly onto something...

Gwangi

I will always defend the Snap Squad toys. In my house, where a child happens to live, they are the most popular dinosaur toys. And we have A LOT of dinosaur toys. They're a lot of fun, plus, I think they're cute. Most of them anyway, the recent herbivore offerings are less appealing but most of the theropods are stinkin' adorable.

suspsy

I haven't bothered with Snap Squad, but I can see the appeal. They're aimed at little kids. Anyone who doesn't like them can just not buy them.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stegotyranno420

Snap squads are fine. Some are somewhat cute, but most just look ugly. That stegosaurus one I like because it looks like a combination of a theropod and stegosaurus.

avatar_ItsTwentyBelow @ItsTwentyBelow  I don't see anything too wrong with Reuben's post. He voiced his opinion. Sure he did say hell  and in all caps, but I seen much worse things on here get no confrontation. Besides you can always just block the user. Now I totally understand what you mean and where you are coming from. I don't want to look for trouble, I just wanted to offer my two cents on the situation. I'm sorry if I misspelled anything that might change the meaning drastically. English is not my first language and I only got one arm I could use

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on April 11, 2021, 10:34:47 PM
I don't see anything too wrong with Reuben's post. He voiced his opinion. Sure he did say hell  and in all caps, but I seen much worse things on here get no confrontation.

Yes, but he also called the design "bipolar." That's not a term that should be casually used to describe dinosaur toys.
Check out my customs thread!

Stegotyranno420

I believe he was describing Mattel's quality as a whole as have two sides, (like poles, and bi- means two sides) and one side having good figures, and another having not so good ones, and not the individual figure itself. I'm not completely sure on what he meant, but I'm pretty sure he was using the "contrasting  sides" definition, which is a normal word(based on what I had seen) rather than the slightly  more often used term for the disorder.

Faelrin

Yaz and Blue set (which appears to be the same from the Raptor Squad pack):

I'll add this to the first post tomorrow after I get back from my doctor's appointment. Also this just leaves the Ben and Bumpy set that was listed alongside the rest of these. I do hope we'll see figures of Brooklyn and Sammy as well.

Edit: It looks like she is holding something in her other hand? Any ideas?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

CityRaptor

A piece of amber?

Yep, the Blue with the improved paint job. I wonder if all future releases of her Attack Pack version will have it or if those multi packs allow for a higher paint budget.

Also looks like Yaz is winning against those Compies while Blue likes to watch.

Now all we need is a pic of the Ben and Bumpy pack...oh and Sammy and Brooklyn at one point and the kids would be complete.
Would be meta if Sammy came with a Dilophosaurus.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reuben03

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on April 12, 2021, 12:32:33 AM
I believe he was describing Mattel's quality as a whole as have two sides, (like poles, and bi- means two sides) and one side having good figures, and another having not so good ones, and not the individual figure itself. I'm not completely sure on what he meant, but I'm pretty sure he was using the "contrasting  sides" definition, which is a normal word(based on what I had seen) rather than the slightly  more often used term for the disorder.
can't believe you had to explain this lmao

Reuben03

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 11, 2021, 02:55:57 PM
Short tails are due to space issues.  Retailers hate big items. Big feet for stability. Not sure why the polydactyly on Ourano and Edmonto.
shame they can't just have it separately in the box, so you can clip it in. the allosaurus is so severely let down by the disproportionately thin tail. even if they just bulked it up without making it longer it would look somewhat good. hope they work on this in future!!

Reuben03

Quote from: Faelrin on April 09, 2021, 02:09:46 PM
Spoiler
[close]

that monolophosaurus is very primeval-esque, is that just me or?

ItsTwentyBelow

Ok, so I think we should all be able to agree that posts like Reuben's about the snap squads, that amount to basically screaming, detract from the integrity of this forum. What do others think when they come visit our site and see that? We should strive for better. To end, no one should post three times in a row, as just happened above me here ^.

Anyway, wow, the Yaz + Blue pack is unexpectedly pretty great! The accessories that come with both Yaz and Darius are awesome, useful in a lot of different diorama scenes.

I will definitely take more compies, and all I can think now is yes, she is holding a little piece of amber.

I'm not into repaints and I already have the attack pack sized Bumpy, so am hoping the one that comes with Ben is somehow different.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: