News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2021 (Image Heavy op)

Started by Faelrin, November 29, 2020, 10:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on August 14, 2021, 06:02:43 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 14, 2021, 02:32:51 PM
No worries. I'll return these, I bet some other kid is looking and maybe I can help him out by "stocking" the store lol

That sounds like the best plan! Good on you for making sure extra is available to kids in your area. I always limit myself to just one of whatever figure I am interested in primarily for this reason. Gotta make sure the target audience has access to JW toys too!

I think for now I will tide myself over with the T. Rex Escape set with the Explorer since it is abundant at Target for the moment. But I'm also tempted to let it ride and wait for a sale...ugh. Really, the set is not too overpriced, maybe by like $5 or so I'd reckon.

I bought three as I hope to customize one into a number 05 and another into a smashed version.  Picked up some awesome decals from a nice collector on facebook. Just trying to figure out the best way to "smash" it.  Maybe a heat gun on low?

ItsTwentyBelow

Well that is pretty cool, I can support buying multiples for customization like that over someone else just wanting to buy extra to flip them.

Just saw a recent Andy's Dinosaur Reviews video that mentioned the possibility of a Pentaceratops being added to the Mega Destroyers line. Pretty much just an image of a new Mega Destroyers shelf tag that reads "Pentac", but what else could it be?

I don't own a single "Jurassic" Triceratops toy other than the original 1993 Kenner Trike because nothing Hasbro or Mattel has released fits the size properly. They're all too small. I think the Mega Destroyers line would be the perfect scale for a Triceratops, probably even better than Pentaceratops. But if Penta is real, I'm interested and I hope it looks good!

Gwangi

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on August 15, 2021, 04:48:41 PM
Well that is pretty cool, I can support buying multiples for customization like that over someone else just wanting to buy extra to flip them.

Just saw a recent Andy's Dinosaur Reviews video that mentioned the possibility of a Pentaceratops being added to the Mega Destroyers line. Pretty much just an image of a new Mega Destroyers shelf tag that reads "Pentac", but what else could it be?

I don't own a single "Jurassic" Triceratops toy other than the original 1993 Kenner Trike because nothing Hasbro or Mattel has released fits the size properly. They're all too small. I think the Mega Destroyers line would be the perfect scale for a Triceratops, probably even better than Pentaceratops. But if Penta is real, I'm interested and I hope it looks good!

I feel the same way about the Triceratops. I own one, but only because it was on clearance. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a super colossal Trike. I realize that's too large, but it would be fun. I feel like Mattel must realize there's a demand for a larger Trike, maybe it will come out when Dominion does.

I've very intrigued by the Pentaceratops rumor, the Mattel Sinoceratops, Pachyrhinosaurus, and Nasutoceratops are all among my favorite Mattel toys. 

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Fingers crossed for Pentacrinites.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 15, 2021, 05:50:32 PM

A Mega destroyers Crinoid? Cant wait for it

Faelrin

Pentaceratops along with a repaint of Carcharodontosaurus have been confirmed now:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSpUNjNlPDu/
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

I'm probably going to have to pick up the Pentaceratops; my boys' dinosaur collection currently lacks any truly big ceratopsian toys.

Gwangi

I'm loving what I see so far with that Pentaceratops. A must have, for sure!

Reuben03

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

ItsTwentyBelow

Pentaceratops confirmed, yes! Looks good, although these are just their app portraits right?

Arggggh but I wonder what the Carcharodontosaurus repaint really looks like and if I should hold off if I find the current one! I'm intrigued because the blue color reminds me of how it appears in the old game Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis.

Flaffy

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on August 17, 2021, 04:44:30 AM
Pentaceratops confirmed, yes! Looks good, although these are just their app portraits right?

The app portraits usually are pretty close to the actual toy, so it's a good enough representation of what the final figure looks like. Hopefully Mattel gets the body of the Pentaceratops correct, rather than simply reusing the generic pudgy body shape given to Jurassic-franchise ceratopsians.

Flaffy

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on August 15, 2021, 08:43:33 PM
https://youtu.be/FV6b13AMFWU

Has anyone tested if the capture gear works for the Fallen Kingdom Stegosaurus?

Same question for if the Dino Escape rex's capture gear can be applied to previous rexes that share the same headsculpt.

MLMjp

The look of the Pentaceratops in the app seems familiar...

Disappointed that it will be a mega destroyer, whats the deal with Mattel trying to make every ceratopsian bigger than Triceratops?! We will see how it turns out. Carcha repaint seems to be an original color scheme and not based in any JW Evolution skin.

suspsy

It's sad how Triceratops appears doomed to be the most boring of all Mattel ceratopsians.

As far as size is concerned, Pentaceratops is one of the biggest ceratopsians, so I don't mind it being a MD. I'm more offended by how the Nasutoceratops dwarfs the Styracosaurus. And the Triceratops for that matter.

Gwangi

I'm not offended by the large size of any of the ceratopsians, but I am offended by how small the Styracosaurus and Triceratops are. The Styracosaurus would have been truly epic at a larger scale. I feel confident that we'll eventually get a larger Triceratops, hopefully with the release of Dominion. Mattel knows we want it.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Reuben03 on August 16, 2021, 09:46:09 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on August 15, 2021, 05:50:32 PM
in a perfect world.
Remember when avatar_Loon @Loon will make his own art for Mattel JW figures? He made all kinds of good ones. Totally could had seen him making Pentacrinites

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: