News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dino Hazard: New for 2021

Started by Leyster, January 30, 2021, 02:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewsaurus rex

I guess there are no updates on the 1/20 Carcharodontosaurus?   Has anyone on the forum received their Irritator yet?

Leyster

Quote from: andrewsaurus on May 14, 2021, 06:42:48 PM
I guess there are no updates on the 1/20 Carcharodontosaurus?   Has anyone on the forum received their Irritator yet?
I'm certain that at least three users (including myself) got theirs.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Thialfi

L @Leyster sure do!

Haven't unpacked it permanently (though briefly) yet because I need to create some space for it. It's so beautiful. Near perfect.

andrewsaurus rex

very good......thanks for the info everyone.  I hope the Carcharodontosaurus is as nice whenever it gets released...

Thialfi

Quote from: andrewsaurus on May 14, 2021, 10:16:16 PM
very good......thanks for the info everyone.  I hope the Carcharodontosaurus is as nice whenever it gets released...
I inquired with Dino Hazard in late April and they're working hard on it, should be officially unveiled "soon". Can't wait.

BlueKrono

Got mine, but the box was horribly mangled. I paid over $100 for it and they agreed to refund me ~$13 for box damage. Since I'm an opener anyway I was okay with this arrangement. It's certainly a beautiful figure.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Carnoking

Yeah, I need to get me one of these.

Halichoeres

Quote from: BlueKrono on May 15, 2021, 12:08:27 AM
Got mine, but the box was horribly mangled. I paid over $100 for it and they agreed to refund me ~$13 for box damage. Since I'm an opener anyway I was okay with this arrangement. It's certainly a beautiful figure.

Yeah, they could have done more to protect the box. If I were a mint-in-package type collector I would have been pretty annoyed.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Where does the package ship from? I've heard that it ships from China, but then the listed shipping fee is like R$250.

I'm based in Hong Kong, and there's no way the shipping cost is the same price for the US, UK, Antarctica and my place of residence.
Reports of messed up packages like avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono 's unfortunate experience certainly doesn't strike confidence either, especially for something this expensive.

RobinGoodfellow

Yvy Irritator by Hugo Cafasso is manufactured in China (like 90% of other' brands figures) but it's sold (and shipped) from Brazil.

Carnoking

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: andrewsaurus on May 14, 2021, 06:42:48 PM

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/51151657339/in/dateposted/

Concavenator

Quote from: Carnoking on May 15, 2021, 02:18:01 PM
https://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/irritator-by-dino-hazard/

Something for us US collectors.

I was just going to post this. I'm not from the US, I'm from Europe, but still, ordering it from Dan's Dinosaurs is way cheaper than ordering it directly from Brazil (their official website). Good news.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Concavenator on May 16, 2021, 12:02:56 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on May 15, 2021, 02:18:01 PM
https://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/irritator-by-dino-hazard/

Something for us US collectors.

I was just going to post this. I'm not from the US, I'm from Europe, but still, ordering it from Dan's Dinosaurs is way cheaper than ordering it directly from Brazil (their official website). Good news.

Interesting! I just tried, and its around 62 to 63 Euros (complete with shipping) for me to Germany. 26 Dollar Shipping. Meh. I think, 63 Euro is maybe a little to much for me, but i would pay for it, if i could. This is still a special Figure and not Produced in hefty Numbes. But 26 Dollars/ 22 Euros is a new Figure :( * raging fists towards the sky * Damn you, Dinosaurinterest!

andrewsaurus rex

DD getting it in stock is very good news.   I have no plans to buy Irriattor but i'm going to be all over the Carcha when it comes out.  Hopefully Dan's will carry it as well.

Smilodon P.

Quote from: andrewsaurus on May 14, 2021, 10:16:16 PM

I received an email this week, in which Hugo Cafasso informs that the necessary preparations for the prototyping of Carcharodontosaurus in China have started. The project had to be adapted to the Chinese production process and he took the opportunity to make some adjustments to the model.

Despite the current socioeconomic challenges of Brazil and the world (second wave of the pandemic, weakening of the Brazilian currency, increasing the cost of production, among others), he believes that soon the production molds will be ready.

A number of design improvements and anatomical revisions were made to the new model, including the circumference of the thorax; the depth of the scapular girdle; the width of the transverse axis of the skull; muscle anatomy and general proportion. Here is the link with the photos of the new version and comparison shots with the old one:

https://www.canva.com/design/DAEeZGhkQMU/f2OUqj6P5YfwrwV9z8Rb3Q/view?utm_content=DAEeZGhkQMU&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=publishsharelink#10

Flaffy

For easier access.

Direct comparisons~

Misc shots~

Stegotyranno420

Shrink-wrapped head and it's far too big, gonna have to pass.
This year really is the year of the Carcharodontosaurus. I hope next year will be some obscure dinosaur or stegosaurus. We could use some more non-jp stegosaurus figures

andrewsaurus rex

I like that the new model is wider.  The first version was a bit two dimensional...

I don't mind 'shrink wrapping' on the head.  Since most soft tissue is a guess anyway at least with shrink wrapping you get an accurate outline of the skull and only at the expense of supposition.

And I like the size.......I like my big dinos big.  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: