News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Rebor Scientifically Accurate Tyrannosaurus rex "Kiss” and “Tusk”

Started by GojiraGuy1954, June 14, 2021, 08:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

REBOR have declared Kiss and Tusk to be done...

Kiss

Tusk

Gwangi

I'm excited about this one, can't wait to see the actual finished product. I already like it more than Wilson.

Bread

Oooooo what a nice walking pose in the first image. Can't wait to see the color choices.

Faelrin

Sculpts are looking great. Can't wait to see some color on these though.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Over9K

Quote from: Gwangi on August 20, 2021, 12:18:46 AM
I'm excited about this one, can't wait to see the actual finished product. I already like it more than Wilson.

In the spirit of Marvel... What If.. Wilson Had Lips?

Custom Wilson by @BravoModels

Carnoking

I don't really have a dog in the lip v lipless debate and can enjoy models on both sides of the coin. However, that custom is one case where I think the extra oral tissue looks objectively better than the lipless approach.

Concavenator

The scales on these new Rebor Tyrannosaurus are still a bit on the big side, though it's not as dramatic as in the newer Wilson. Andrea corrected this. And onto Rebor's version again, it looks like they have considered the gastralia, haven't they? If so, well done.

SidB

Quote from: Carnoking on August 20, 2021, 05:43:03 AM
I don't really have a dog in the lip v lipless debate and can enjoy models on both sides of the coin. However, that custom is one case where I think the extra oral tissue looks objectively better than the lipless approach.
Agreed. Hoping that this figure will be in the 1/35 or so range.

Gwangi

I saw that lipped Wilson over on Facebook avatar_Over9K @Over9K, it's marvelous, much more believable looking.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Quote from: SidB on August 20, 2021, 12:11:03 PM
I believe Rebor stated on their instagram that this would be 1/35, but I could be mistaken. However, I think Rebor try to stay in the 1/35 scale range when doing large carnivores.

Also, that lipped Wilson looks really good. I usually don't favor lips or no lips, but in this case I think Wilson looks better with lips. The blending of colors on face as well looks stunning.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on August 20, 2021, 01:24:41 PM
That lipped Wilson looks a million times better.
Yeah yeah we get it rebor bad

Unless youre meaning a million times better than the released wilson and im just misinterpreting things
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Bread

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on August 20, 2021, 04:33:38 PM
Quote from: suspsy on August 20, 2021, 01:24:41 PM
That lipped Wilson looks a million times better.
Yeah yeah we get it rebor bad

Unless youre meaning a million times better than the released wilson and im just misinterpreting things
Pretty sure suspy is referring to the lipped Wilson being superior to the lipless Wilson. Also, I don't think anyone is trying to be negative on these Rebor Tyrannosaurs. If anything, rebor has possibly the most accurate rex on the market once it is released. Of course later we'll have GR toys and the BOTM series as competition. I just realized that the end of this year and next year will be a competition of the lipped Tyrannosaurus rex!

suspsy

Quote from: Bread on August 20, 2021, 05:13:04 PM

Pretty sure suspy is referring to the lipped Wilson being superior to the lipless Wilson.

You are correct.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Bread on August 20, 2021, 01:54:59 PM
Quote from: SidB on August 20, 2021, 12:11:03 PM
I believe Rebor stated on their instagram that this would be 1/35, but I could be mistaken. However, I think Rebor try to stay in the 1/35 scale range when doing large carnivores.

Also, that lipped Wilson looks really good. I usually don't favor lips or no lips, but in this case I think Wilson looks better with lips. The blending of colors on face as well looks stunning.
I don't think any of Rebor's figures are actually 1:35 scale, correct me if there is one.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SRF

The Killer Queen Rexes are way bigger than Wilson, and according to Rebor those are 1:35 as well. So I expect these new Rexes to be too big to actually be 1:35.

They do look good. I hope the lipped version gets a color scheme similar to that fleshed out version of Sue.
But today, I'm just being father

Over9K

REBOR, Nanmu, W-Dragon all claim their stuff is 1/35th and none of it actually is. Nanmu's rex is HUGE, compared to REBOR's Killer Queen, and was sold as "1/35"

I think PNSO actually tries to scale correctly, but they're about the only ones these days.

Bread

Was not sure if they were really "1/35th scale" as I figured Rebor would be slightly off as most companies are. However I am assume these are targeted to being 1/35 but again they could very well be off in scale.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Over9K on August 20, 2021, 10:27:13 PM
REBOR, Nanmu, W-Dragon all claim their stuff is 1/35th and none of it actually is. Nanmu's rex is HUGE, compared to REBOR's Killer Queen, and was sold as "1/35"

I think PNSO actually tries to scale correctly, but they're about the only ones these days.
Spino moment
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

CARN0TAURUS

I have a question for you guys in the lipped camp.  Personally my preference from an aesthetic POV is the lipless look, a crocodile just looks more menacing than a monitor lizard even if both were the same size because the teeth look so cool.  But that's just me and it's got nothing to do with my question. 

From a technical angle, the PNSO Wilson T-rex has a lower jaw that literally appears to 'tuck' all the way inside the upper jaw, is that correct?  Watching the online videos from dinosdragons he talks about the chinese paleontologist/designer of wilson finding evidence that the lower teeth fit into some kind of sockets in the upper jaw.  This lipped wilson can't tuck those lower teeth into those sockets meaning he's walking around with his lips closed but his jaw partially open?  I just don't understand the mechanics of lipped if indeed that lower jaw is supposed to tuck up inside that upper jaw.  So by extension, is the lower jaw fitting into the upper jaw completely wrong as seen on the PNSO Wilson?   I refuse to buy the figure because of the skin, but I've wondered if that overbite is supposed to be there from a scientific POV and since you guys are very knowledgeable about this stuff I'd like to know how that would work on the actual animal.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: