News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2023

Started by Faelrin, August 27, 2022, 10:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

We already have a well articulated Muldoon in that scale. Don't need another. Same with Mr. Arnold.

Gwangi

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on September 28, 2022, 02:06:42 PMWe already have a well articulated Muldoon in that scale. Don't need another. Same with Mr. Arnold.

You might, but I don't.  ;)

Faelrin

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp The maroon coloration around the eyes on the figure is about the same color on the maquette and animatronic, and also the ILM model. The real problem is the stripes/markings are colored the same and they should be darker, if not grey, which should continue to the end of the tail. The hands and feet should also have a red color on the underside of them but I'm guessing the reason that not being included, as well as the issue with the stripes coloration is more cost cutting here. The coloration on the top of the feet of the figure appear to be correct. The belly coloration could also be lighter, more pink in color (like on the maquette below, if not this year's Legacy figure), but again probably dealing with cost cutting here. Hopefully the actual figure looks more right then on these renders, but I imagine it might still turn out like the Legacy one did, but with a near correct eye color and a bit more paint.

I also noticed the eye color on the figure is yellow, but it could be a tad darker. It seems a bit on the pale side, at least as far as the renders go.

avatar_Dilopho @Dilopho I see what they were getting at, but likely cost cutting. The male raptor has red on the underside of its hands and feet, like the above mentioned female, but cost cutting probably got in the way of preventing that. They are also missing the bit of red on the backside that continues on to the tail, above the light blue stripe. I think the eye color could also be more red or red orange. Overall based on just these digital renders, I do think the male is the more faithful of the two, despite the cost cutting lack of some paint apps.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Gwangi on September 28, 2022, 02:15:12 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on September 28, 2022, 02:06:42 PMWe already have a well articulated Muldoon in that scale. Don't need another. Same with Mr. Arnold.

Yes, I suppose not everyone else has them, it's just I was hoping for other humans we hadn't seen before.

Gwangi

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on September 28, 2022, 09:19:15 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on September 28, 2022, 02:15:12 PM

Yes, I suppose not everyone else has them, it's just I was hoping for other humans we hadn't seen before.

I wasn't collecting the humans when the Mattel toys first launched so I missed out on characters like Grant and Muldoon. I also don't do the SDCC exclusives so no Arnold or Gennaro for me either. So for me, these characters showing up in the Hammond Collection gives me a second chance. And since I only collect the cast from the original film I don't personally care about the rest BUT I do hope they show up too for those that want them. Mattel really needs to make a Dr. Wu.

EmperorDinobot

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi Mattel is severely overdue on a Dr. Wu, past and present.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on September 28, 2022, 09:49:49 PMavatar_Gwangi @Gwangi Mattel is severely overdue on a Dr. Wu, past and present.

True. We could use one from each film. Also no Dodgson yet either. Or a Claire from the first JW film...

YesIAmaDinosaur

Anybody have any thoughts on what the 30th Anniversary 'vehicle' might be? Assuming it's either the Wrangler or the Explorer, what would you like to see from it?

I have two Wranglers now, the Nedry one and the Matchbox one, so I'd be good with a third that has a different number. For the Explorer some lights might be cool but I'm pretty happy with those, I already have two.
@DramaticoRising on YouTube and Instagram

Faelrin

Yeah I'm also curious as to what that will be since they already did a fantastic job with the previous vehicles (well minus the missing red stripe on that hooded Jeep with Nedry, but otherwise it was still very good). Unless it could be a repack of one of those, which would be appropriate to re-release for this anniversary year.

I'm also wondering what the "Large Dinosaur" will be. Hoping it is a T. rex done up like the classic rubber Kenner toys. Not that I need another T. rex, but it would be great to see for kids of newer generations get a similar experience to many of my peers that once did when they were kids (which I missed out on growing up).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DramaticoRising on September 30, 2022, 12:51:03 AMAnybody have any thoughts on what the 30th Anniversary 'vehicle' might be? Assuming it's either the Wrangler or the Explorer, what would you like to see from it?

I have two Wranglers now, the Nedry one and the Matchbox one, so I'd be good with a third that has a different number. For the Explorer some lights might be cool but I'm pretty happy with those, I already have two.

I have more than enough Jeeps. A crushed Explorer would be cool. Other than that..an Ingen Helicopter? That vehicle is pretty iconic.

Halichoeres

Watch the "Large Dinosaur" be a life-size compy.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gwangi

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 01, 2022, 04:55:04 AMWatch the "Large Dinosaur" be a life-size compy.

I would be totally cool with that. A "Super Colossal" Compy is something I've been wanting from Mattel.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on October 01, 2022, 01:48:27 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on October 01, 2022, 04:55:04 AMWatch the "Large Dinosaur" be a life-size compy.

I would be totally cool with that. A "Super Colossal" Compy is something I've been wanting from Mattel.

Right? I'll take that..probably a pack of em. lol

I've read we are getting a SC Indoraptor for next year. There are usually a couple SCs a year now.  Is the 30th Anniversary line ONLY covering JP?   Just wanting to be sure they aren't sneaking in anything else from other films. 

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 01, 2022, 05:29:36 PM

I've read we are getting a SC Indoraptor for next year. There are usually a couple SCs a year now.  Is the 30th Anniversary line ONLY covering JP?   Just wanting to be sure they aren't sneaking in anything else from other films. 

It should be Jurassic Park only, if you ask me. But it probably won't be.

Cretaceous Crab

Maybe it'll be a Mamenchisaurus.

Loon

The Outhouse set has me hoping we see some of the more iconic settings released next year. Super Colossal park gates anyone?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on October 01, 2022, 07:39:14 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 01, 2022, 05:29:36 PM

It should be Jurassic Park only, if you ask me. But it probably won't be.

I would be OK with Kenner repaints and even Chaos sculpts..really need an official Ultimasaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Cretaceous Crab on October 01, 2022, 10:29:52 PMMaybe it'll be a Mamenchisaurus.

That's the last big sauropod we have left..they need to do it at some point.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Loon on October 02, 2022, 07:13:15 AMThe Outhouse set has me hoping we see some of the more iconic settings released next year. Super Colossal park gates anyone?

Not sure they would be SC but I'd take a nice set of in scale gates. They could also do Grant's dig site set. Honestly we need a full Raptor Pen playset with the cage and workers and lights and sound!

Loon

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon they'd certainly have to be big, though. I honestly wouldn't mind if they were hollow and only looked any good from the front, just to keep the price down. But, that's all hypothetical.

The raptor pen is a definite must. It'd also be a good excuse to get figures of JP workers, maybe even Jophrey?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: