News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

I think they are very nice.

DragonRider02

This beauty just came in mail today. Looks like the Blue variant of this figure has become quite rare, becouse all Aliexpress sellers either have it sold out or sell it for higher price than the Flame variant. Even with 11.11 discount code I had to pay noticably more for it than when it originally realesed.

SidB

Quote from: DragonRider02 on November 22, 2022, 10:12:01 AM
This beauty just came in mail today. Looks like the Blue variant of this figure has become quite rare, becouse all Aliexpress sellers either have it sold out or sell it for higher price than the Flame variant. Even with 11.11 discount code I had to pay noticably more for it than when it originally realesed.
This sure has curb appeal. I have the PNSO one and keep telling myself that it's enough, but this figure is always a temptation!

Fembrogon

The blue variant was always my preferred version of the two, but that seems to have been the case for virtually everyone, which is why I ultimatley "settled" for the orange version when I caught it on sale (and that version is quite the looker, too!).

Ludodactylus

Bullyland Lambeosaurus arrived last night - purchased because I liked the look of it on the DTB so much!

"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Fembrogon

Look who's here!

Obviously Cryolophosaurus was the driving force behind this purchase, but the other figures are all pretty nice too. I've been meaning to get the Liopleurodon for a while, but it never took a priority spot. Quianzhousaurus is bigger than I remembered and better-looking in person than in photos, although I'm still not fond of the color scheme.
And, of course, the Cryo. Cryo looks great; this might be one of my favorite color schemes on a Safari dino in a while. Mine is standing excellently too, no balance issues yet.

SidB

My PNSO Therizinosaurus arrived today, joining the superb Dinocheirus for my November additions. Thought that I'd take a quick snapshot of it beside the Papo one that will now go into storage. It served for a couple of years in my dioramas, but the egregious errors on the feet and hands will now relegate it to retirement. Note the difference in size.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: SidB on November 23, 2022, 03:52:45 AMMy PNSO Therizinosaurus arrived today, joining the superb Dinocheirus for my November additions. Thought that I'd take a quick snapshot of it beside the Papo one that will now go into storage. It served for a couple of years in my dioramas, but the egregious errors on the feet and hands will now relegate it to retirement. Note the difference in size.

Very nice, congrats! Yeah that PAPO Theri sure is a whopper. Something about it's design I just like way too much for putting it into storage, even after I will have gotten PNSOs offering. I can't say what exactly though, it just appeals to me.

Fembrogon

Thanks for paired shot, S @SidB. Honestly, I think Papo's Theri is ALMOST one of their best-looking models in a while - the animal's natural appearance ends up lending well to the more dramatic posture - but the aforementioned flaws in the hands always bugged me enough to avoid getting it. Even with the splendid PNSO figure out now, if Papo ever considered reissuing theirs with just a few appropriate adjustments I'd probably snap it up.

SidB

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on November 23, 2022, 04:38:40 PM
Quote from: SidB on November 23, 2022, 03:52:45 AMMy PNSO Therizinosaurus arrived today, joining the superb Dinocheirus for my November additions. Thought that I'd take a quick snapshot of it beside the Papo one that will now go into storage. It served for a couple of years in my dioramas, but the egregious errors on the feet and hands will now relegate it to retirement. Note the difference in size.

Very nice, congrats! Yeah that PAPO Theri sure is a whopper. Something about it's design I just like way too much for putting it into storage, even after I will have gotten PNSOs offering. I can't say what exactly though, it just appeals to me.
I considered displaying the two together, but ... space, the final frontier. As I get superior figures, the now secondary pieces are stored. At least they're not on the chopping block, sale-wise though. I am nostalgic, so I hang onto pieces for years. That's just me.

SidB

Quote from: Fembrogon on November 23, 2022, 04:49:47 PMThanks for paired shot, S @SidB. Honestly, I think Papo's Theri is ALMOST one of their best-looking models in a while - the animal's natural appearance ends up lending well to the more dramatic posture - but the aforementioned flaws in the hands always bugged me enough to avoid getting it. Even with the splendid PNSO figure out now, if Papo ever considered reissuing theirs with just a few appropriate adjustments I'd probably snap it up.
I'm surprised at myself that I completely overlooked the Papo's lack of the fourth weight-bearing  digit on it's hind feet until recently. On the other hand (so to speak), I'd often considered modifying the hands and installing longer claws, but never got around to it. No need now.

Concavenator

Got the PNSO Styracosaurus in! However, I won't be opening it until January, as this is a Christmas present; I simply opened the box to confirm the order was correct.

The Triceratops and Chasmosaurus in the back look like they're getting mad at me for not freeing their new spiky friend already, but they're still going to wait a bit until they meet Anthony irl.

Nice batches everyone! Happy to see everyone is enjoying their new additions.

Roselaar

Big lot of JW figures in today, both brand new and already older:

Faelrin

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar That's quite a massive haul. Lots of rare stuff there too. Spared no expense I see.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Duna

What an impressive batch avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar  :o I haven't even heard of some of those incredible sets. Are there 3 dinosaurs in the "Epic Battle pack"?

Roselaar

Quote from: Duna on November 25, 2022, 08:15:51 PMAre there 3 dinosaurs in the "Epic Battle pack"?

Yup, it's a full repack of the mainline Rex, Giga and Theri. Only new thing there is the Ellie figure.

Duck

Got the PNSO Acrocanthosaurus today. It's really cool, definitely one of my best theropods along with Eofauna's Giganotosaurus. However, it has a pretty big overbite. I would just display it with the mouth open like I usually do, but I found some putty that matched the color of the mouth, and I used it to increase the gap between the jaws, making the overbite smaller.

Here's some really bad photos
Before putty

After putty
He who dwells in pond

Duck

Anddd it looks like my embed failed again
He who dwells in pond

Ikessauro

Quote from: Duck on November 27, 2022, 11:34:16 PMAnddd it looks like my embed failed again

I recommend you use this link when posting images. I use Imgur for image hosting, but I think most hosting websites offer this option

Duck

Thanks, lets try this again

Before

After
He who dwells in pond

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: