News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

Yeah, I do love my large theropods, but we've been getting plenty of those recently. Let's get some more variety in again, completely non-dinosaur flavor preferably.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on February 23, 2023, 05:01:46 PMWe'll see, but they do tend to release these theropods in bunches, I won't be surprised if they follow the Lucas 2.0 with another large theropod.

My guess is it'll be an Ankylosaur.  :) 

Faelrin

It would be very refreshing to see them do another shark, or even another marine animal (especially with how much they've been focusing on them on social media as of late). Been a while since they did a small batch (back in 2021 I think).

If they are going to do any more large and medium theropods I would like to see:

Spoiler
-Carnotaurus remake, post the 2021 paper
-Ceratosaurus
-Concavenator
-Corythoraptor (been wanting a figure of it since it was described in 2017, and want it more so now that it was featured in Prehistoric Planet)
-Cryolophosaurus
-Dilophosaurus
-Gallimimus
-Gigantoraptor
-Gorgosaurus
-Meraxes
-More abelisaurids in general (good choices include Aucasaurus, Ekrixinatosaurus, Skorpiovenator, maybe Majungasaurus as well, even though I'd be satisfied with Safari Ltd's and Wild Past's)
-Sinosaurus
-Utahraptor (not a fan of the lipless look, especially on dromaeosaurids, but they are strangely lacking in dromaeosaurids, and this is a good choice. Granted I'd still rather wait and see if Safari Ltd will do this one)

Theropods I think they could do, but I wouldn't need because of alternatives: Albertosaurus, Baryonyx, Daspletosaurus, a larger (bipedal) Spinosaurus
[close]
That said they are severely lacking in pterosaurs too (have not had any since their minis) so I'd like to see some of those as well.

I thought it would actually be interesting to do some pie charts to visualize how the different genera they've made so far has been distributed between the various groups (dinosaurs, and otherwise).

In total they've made 98 genera, including minis. Excluding minis gives a total of 65. I did not include the bronze statues since those were extremely limited in production number, and anything extremely limited. Here's a list of everything:

Spoiler
Ornithischians (35 genera):
-Pachycephalosaurus
-Tianyulong (mini)

Ceratopsians (13 genera):
-Centrosaurus
-Chasmosaruus (mini)
-Einiosaurus (mini)
-Kosmoceratops (mini)
-Liaoceratops (mini)
-Machairoceratops
-Pachyrhinosaurus (mainline & mini)
-Sinoceratops
-Spinops (mainline & mini)
-Styracosaurus
-Torosaurus
-Triceratops
-Xenoceratops (mini)

Ornithopods (9 genera):
-Corythosaurus
-Iguanodon
-Lambeosaurus
-Mandschurosaurus
-Olorotitan (mainline & mini)
-Ouranosaurus (mini)
-Parasaurolophus
-Shantungosaurus
-Tsintaosaurus (mainline & mini)

Thyreophora (11 genera):
-Ankylosaurus (mainline & mini)
-Borealopelta
-Chungkingosaurus
-Huayangosaurus (mini)
-Kentrosaurus (mini)
-Miragaia (mainline & mini)
-Pinacosaurus
-Sauropelta
-Stegosaurus
-Tuojiangosaurus (mainline & mini)
-Wuerhosaurus (mini)

Theropods (35 genera):
-Abelisaurus (mini)
-Acrocanthosaurus
-Alioramus (mini)
-Allosaurus (mainline & mini)
-Anchiornis (mini)
-Archaeopteryx (mini)
-Baryonyx (mini)
-Carcharodontosaurus
-Carnotaurus
-Ceratosaurus
-Concavenator (mini)
-Confuciusornis (mini)
-Cryolophosaurus (mini)
-Deinocheirus
-Giganotosaurus
-Gigantoraptor (mini)
-Indosuchus (mini)
-Majungasaurus (mini)
-Mei (mini)
-Microraptor (mainline & mini)
-Proceratosaurus (mini)
-Qianzhousaurus (mainline & mini)
-"Sinopliosaurus"
-Sinosauropteryx (mini)
-Sinraptor
-Spinosaurus (mainline & mini)
-Suchomimus
-Tarbosaurus
-Therizinosaurus
-Torvosaurus
-Tyrannosaurus (mainline & mini)
-Yangchuanosaurus (mainline & mini)
-Yi (mini)
-Yutyrannus
-Zhuchengtyrannus

Sauropodamorpha (7 genera):
-Amargasaurus (mainline & mini)
-Ampelosaurus (mini)
-Euhelopus
-Huanghetitan
-Lingwulong
-Lufengosaurus
-Mamenchisaurus (mainline & mini)

Marine or aquatic animals:
-Atopodentatus (mainline & mini)
-Basilosaurus
-Cretoxyrhina
-Dakosaurus (mainline & mini)
-Dunkleosteus
-Ectenosaurus (mini)
-Eurhinosaurus
-Glyphoderma (mini)
-Helicoprion
-Himalayasaurus (mainline & mini)
-Keichousaurus (mini)
-Kronosaurus
-Livyatan
-Megalodon
-Mosasaurus
-Odontochelys (mini)
-Ophthalmosaurus (mainline & mini)
-Tylosaurus

Pterosauria (3 genera):
-Guidracro (mini)
-Nemicolopterus (mini)
-Nyctosaurus (mini)
[close]
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Pliosaurking

Personally I hoping for a non dinosaur. Prehaps a shark, a Pelycosaur, a pterosaur, a Crocodylomorph, or a plesiosaur or a pliosaur. If it is a dinosaur hopefully it's one that's not represented like Plateosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sauropods seem to be, for the most part, not the best choices as the scale prevents them from doing the heads as more than fingernail tip sizes.

They really need to do pterosaurs I would love to see one and plesiosaurs/elasmosaurs.  That said, give me a Nothosaurus and I'll shut up about the lack of them...for awhile. ;)

Stegotyranno420

Pardon if I am wrong but isnt predictions and wishes reserved for the hopes and dreams thread?

Sim

Quote from: Eatmycar on February 23, 2023, 04:25:22 AMI've been feeling sick but here are my thoughts:

Ridiculous, bold, dramatic complaints over the Mattel, Papo and Schleich lines seem absolutely fine, but some how constructive criticism of PNSO is a no go?
Please don't misrepresent events.  The criticism of Mattel, Papo and Schleich is justified.  Constructive criticism of PNSO is fine too, but you've been expressing derogatory opinions as facts as can be seen in the quotes below:
"The sculpt is gorgeous, but, oof, what a painfully bland color scheme..."
"It's that same gross yellow undertone they always use for their theropods overlaid by an army green. I mean, yay, they added some striping I guess but this isn't exactly very interesting to look at."
"It's all very same-y."
"I mean there's hardly any color scheme whatsoever with most of them. It's the same drab layer cake of boring colors."
"The sculpting is great, but the paint, yeesh. Not for the prices they charge."
"Why can't they do a pattern that's half as exciting as this?"
"They take the, usually most simplistic option, for paint and create a forgettable figure that is pleasing when compared to a skeletal."
"The conservative attitude towards these creatures is just so baffling and dull. They feel lifeless."
I don't see constructive criticism here, I see you disliking choices PNSO makes and expressing them in a way that makes people who like the figures seem like they're in the wrong for doing so.  Do you still not realise this really is a matter of personal taste and that your opinion are NOT facts?

Quote from: Eatmycar on February 23, 2023, 04:25:22 AMIt feels very strange that people who find themselves bored of brown and yellow are told "it's your opinion".

But railing against other figures seems fine for the smallest of issues.
PNSO doesn't use brown much as far as I can remember.  And no-one is saying "it's your opinion" to people bored of those colours.  But I find it strange that you said that but then you also said, "Frankly, I wish they'd be a little more bold like Safari Ltd in terms of color."  Safari has been using brown, yellow, beige so much...

CARN0TAURUS

I'm pleasantly surprised that no one seems to have a clue what PNSO will announce next.  Seems to me like most of the time there are rumors and hints and a lot of the time they have been correct. 

Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be most welcome, PNSO have been making amazing figures now for the last 3 years now.

Joel1905

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on February 23, 2023, 10:28:50 PMI'm pleasantly surprised that no one seems to have a clue what PNSO will announce next.  Seems to me like most of the time there are rumors and hints and a lot of the time they have been correct. 

Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be most welcome, PNSO have been making amazing figures now for the last 3 years now.

The same leaker who revealed the Iguanodon, Tsintaosaurus, Torosaurus & Acrocanthosaurus list said they'll be giving us a flurry of Sauropods and marine critters  :))

SidB

I wonder if the Diplodocus that was very briefly rumored will be among these.

TheCambrianCrusader

I'd love for some more marine critters. It's weird that pnso hasn't made any plesiosaurs yet, well besides the Kronosaurus.

SRF

Has anyone here received their Giganotosaurus yet? Any thoughts on the model?
But today, I'm just being father

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Joel1905 on February 23, 2023, 11:02:08 PMThe same leaker who revealed the Iguanodon, Tsintaosaurus, Torosaurus & Acrocanthosaurus list said they'll be giving us a flurry of Sauropods and marine critters  :))
A flurry of sauropods? *_* Can't wait to see those rumours come to be true.

Halichoeres

A flurry of marine critters sounds good to me. I hope that materializes!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

E @Eatmycar, I forgot to say, even if I disagreed with you, I hope you get better soon!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SRF on February 24, 2023, 08:02:01 AMHas anyone here received their Giganotosaurus yet? Any thoughts on the model?

Shipped, just waiting for it to arrive.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SRF on February 24, 2023, 08:02:01 AMHas anyone here received their Giganotosaurus yet? Any thoughts on the model?

I'm still waiting for it to go on prime on Amazon.  Sometimes it happens quickly and other times it takes months, when the Torosaurus was released last year I ended up having to wait almost 3 months before it went on prime, that's the longest one I can remember.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Joel1905 on February 23, 2023, 11:02:08 PM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on February 23, 2023, 10:28:50 PMI'm pleasantly surprised that no one seems to have a clue what PNSO will announce next.  Seems to me like most of the time there are rumors and hints and a lot of the time they have been correct. 

The same leaker who revealed the Iguanodon, Tsintaosaurus, Torosaurus & Acrocanthosaurus list said they'll be giving us a flurry of Sauropods and marine critters  :))
I must've missed that post, sounds like we have an idea after all.  I'm very much looking forward to more sauropods.  Easily the most neglected part of my collection, but that is changing.  In the last couple of years I've gone from having a handful of them to having like 20-25 of them.    :)

Sim

avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS you have 20-25 sauropods!? O_O  I only have two, the Wild Safari Diplodocus and CollectA Mamenchisaurus...  I wouldn't have thought there were so many ones people would want.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Sim on February 24, 2023, 06:29:07 PMavatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS you have 20-25 sauropods!? O_O  I only have two, the Wild Safari Diplodocus and CollectA Mamenchisaurus...  I wouldn't have thought there were so many ones people would want.
I guess I went from one extreme to the other on the Sauropods, I didn't even have a handful, I had the big papo, and two safari ones, the apatosaurus, and their 2010 brachiosaurus.

The thing that set me off on buying more was getting the eofauna altasaurus which has become one of my absolute favorite figures in the collection.  That's saying something because I mostly used to buy theropods.  Now I have like 3 mojo fun ones, 5 collecta ones, 2 schleich ones, 3 from PNSO, the 2 eofauna ones, 3 kinto favorite ones, and I went back and bought another 4 of safari LTD and 1 papo I didn't have before.  So that's like 21-22 figures and I might be forgetting 1 or 2 others.  I'm looking forward to getting the new deluxe collecta.  Yeah, the collection has grown very quickly and I really enjoy them on the shelf, they add a lot.  Nowadays I display less things at one time and rotate them out very regularly, like every couple of months, it keeps the shelves looking less congested and fresh AND it gives me an excuse to handle them regularly and keep them as dust free as possible.  We have a big dust issue here.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: