News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleo Flo

A calm down gigantic sauropod ;D
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

PrimevalRaptor

I'm not quite sure how well this one holds up (despite being a cat owner I am not the biggest experts on felids) but seeing this Papo Smilodon at a second hand shop for a few bucks I could not resist

Sim

Today I acquired the following:

1. Eikoh Dimetrodon.  It's nice and it has lips!

2. Eikoh Arsinoitherium.  The Dimetrodon was the first Eikoh I've seen outside of on a computer, and it's small, so I was expecting any other Eikoh to be around the same size.  I was in for a big surprise as the Arsinoitherium is huge for a "mini" figure!  I really like its size and I feel I made the right choice to choose it for my collection.  I've mentioned I'm not really into mammals, but I like Arsinoitherium and wanted a figure of it.  The mini CollectA version is hideous, and the Safari toob version is over-textured, the Eikoh is just right for me.

3. Eikoh Titanis.  This one also is larger than I was expecting, and I like it a lot.

4. Eikoh Archaeopteryx.  This one isn't as good as I was hoping.  The sculpt is wonky, although it is larger than I was expecting again.  I intend to give it away though, as I'm not happy with it.

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim I got the Eikoh Arsinoitherium and Titanis last year and I agree they are really nice figures, along with the other mammals and moa I got. Good to see you think the Dimetrodon was nice. I just recently ordered it, the Dunkleosteus (only because it kind of resembles the new shorter porportions) and several others from Brett recently.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

EmperorDinobot

The Battle Damage Proceratosaurus cost more than it should have, but I think it is my favorite version out of the three so I'll live with that. With these, I now have every single figure that came before Dominion, excluding Basics, minis, unreleased figures, and that sort of thing. 100% completion rate.

Thialfi

Bought a whole bunch of models but was really charmed by this particular one that I see almost nobody talk about, the 2023 CollectA Triceratops. A really good sculpt, I love the active pose.

AcroSauroTaurus

Beasts of the Mesozoic Yutyrannus

Jurassic Park 30th Track and Explore Vehicle Set-Since the original Mattel Scutosaurus never made it to the U.S.,(or at least my part) I took the opportunity to get this one... while the paint is not as good as the first one, at least I have a Scutosaurus now.

Hammond Collection Pachycephalosaurus

Hammond Collection JP3 Raptor-male

Hammond Collection Concavenator-Just like the other medium theropods, you can cut a hole in the plastic tray and bend the tail if you need to put it back in the box.

Hammond Collection Geosternbergia

I am the Dinosaur King!

Roselaar

Another year, another excellent King's Day flea market haul!:

Cretaceous Crab

Quote from: Roselaar on April 30, 2023, 07:47:54 PMAnother year, another excellent King's Day flea market haul!:

What are those two Stegosaurus to the far right with the matching red plates?

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Cretaceous Crab @Cretaceous Crab I think they are from PlayMobil

Fembrogon

I spy some lovely Invictas in there. Nice haul overall!

Roselaar

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on April 30, 2023, 11:09:31 PMavatar_Cretaceous Crab @Cretaceous Crab I think they are from PlayMobil

Correct, both are Playmobil Stegosaurs, from different years and sets.

Also, does anybody know what brand the Pteranodon on the right belongs to? I thought it may have been a Lontic figure, but it doesn't appear so from what I've seen in the thread about that line.

CityRaptor

Squad Goals! Added two little fellows with attitude!

A Spinosaurus about to start trouble and a fun-loving Mosasaurus to add to my grumpy Dimorphodon.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Flaffy

Finally tracked down the elusive Mattel Nothosaurus. Not sure why this particular release is so scarce compared to its wavemates (in both waves that it's been released!). Seems like a running trend with non-dinosaur releases getting the short-end of the stick in terms of distribution and numbers. First the Dino Rivals Dimetrodon, then the Scutosaurus and Postosuchus, I think at some point the Tanystropheus was hard to find as well, now the Nothosaurus ::)

Unfortunately misprinted eyes are a common QC defect with this figure, even for Mattel. Maybe one day I'll track down one with better eyes.

Flaffy

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on April 30, 2023, 05:20:43 PMHammond Collection Geosternbergia

How durable do you think the Geosternbergia's wings are? I've heard that the rubber used on the wings doesn't feel like it'll stand the test of time.
Same question for collectors who also hown the HC Geosternbergia.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Flaffy on May 01, 2023, 07:12:23 PM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on April 30, 2023, 05:20:43 PMHammond Collection Geosternbergia

How durable do you think the Geosternbergia's wings are? I've heard that the rubber used on the wings doesn't feel like it'll stand the test of time.
Same question for collectors who also hown the HC Geosternbergia.

They seem pretty durable, but I only bent them for this picture then put the figure back in the box.(I don't have room to display all of my figures right now unfortunately.) I'm sure they would wear a bit eventually, but I never bend figures with wires too much anyway.
I am the Dinosaur King!

SidB

Quote from: Thialfi on April 30, 2023, 12:23:12 AM

Bought a whole bunch of models but was really charmed by this particular one that I see almost nobody talk about, the 2023 CollectA Triceratops. A really good sculpt, I love the active pose.
A good pick avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi . I think that this figure was dismissed by some people because it is much smaller than the large trike of the previous year and by the very fact of it following so closely on its heels. But CollectA has done this before with their rexes, for example, and it appears to be part of their marketing strategy. All the more power to them if that works, I say. A successful CollectA certainly works to our benefit as collectors. If it means doubling down on the more popular offerings, so that they have the resources to produce more unusual and atypical ones, so be it. Plus, I like the figure to boot - enjoy it!

SidB

I seldom indulge in purchasing color variants, space always being a pressing issue in displaying my collections. However I decided to snap up a copy of the 'blue' version of Haolonggood's Nasutoceratops as the exception hat proves the rule, I suppose, as it isn't very large and doesn't take up a whole lot of space.

A quick comparison -

At home on the side shelf adjacent to the main ceratopsid collection -

TooOldForDinosaurs

They go really well together S @SidB !

ceratopsian

I think it was a good call. But I'm personally going to have to stop getting both versions at some point on grounds of space!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: