News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How these figures look together? [Comparison Thread]

Started by kreativtek, November 22, 2015, 07:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Not sure if anyone asked for these models compared but here:

Really liking these highly detailed and good quality models lately.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Does anyone have a comparison shot of the new CollectA Koolasuchus next to the Bullyland Mastodonsaurus?

Concavenator

Aside from these, I would very much appreciate any/some of these comparisons:

- Haolonggood's Apatosaurus with Eofauna's Diplodocus and/or Carnegie's Brachiosaurus (2012).

- Haolonggood's Pentaceratops with Eofauna's Triceratops.

- CollectA's Mosasaurus (2023) with Safari's Ichthyosaurus (2020)

- Safari's Utahraptor (when it releases) alongside Safari's Microraptor (2017).

Thank you!  :)

Flaffy

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Dinoscream has a comparison between the Pentaceratops and Triceratops @ 09:54.

Halichoeres

avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs here's Koolasuchus and Mastodonsaurus:

And more on my collection thread:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?msg=346221

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator I have some of those, here you go:

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TooOldForDinosaurs

TheCambrianCrusader

Anyone have the new Collecta Mosasaurus with the old 2014 one? Also maybe the Safari and Carnegie Tylosaurus if possible

Concavenator

Faelrin

Does anyone have the Safari Ltd Apatosaurus, Eofauna Diplodocus, and Safari Ltd Camarasaurus? I know the latter two are to scale more or less (1/40), but I'm not sure if the Apatosaurus does too? I have the Safari Ltd Apatosaurus (although currently stored away), and was wondering how it sized up with those two, since they've been on my wishlist for a bit of time now (more so the Camarasaurus).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Remko

Quote from: Faelrin on June 05, 2023, 06:18:19 PMDoes anyone have the Safari Ltd Apatosaurus, Eofauna Diplodocus, and Safari Ltd Camarasaurus? I know the latter two are to scale more or less (1/40), but I'm not sure if the Apatosaurus does too? I have the Safari Ltd Apatosaurus (although currently stored away), and was wondering how it sized up with those two, since they've been on my wishlist for a bit of time now (more so the Camarasaurus).

I think you mean the other Apatosaurus, which I don't have, but I do have these.

Remko

Quote from: Concavenator on May 19, 2023, 11:15:20 PMAside from these, I would very much appreciate any/some of these comparisons:

- Haolonggood's Apatosaurus with Eofauna's Diplodocus and/or Carnegie's Brachiosaurus (2012).

- Haolonggood's Pentaceratops with Eofauna's Triceratops.

- CollectA's Mosasaurus (2023) with Safari's Ichthyosaurus (2020)

- Safari's Utahraptor (when it releases) alongside Safari's Microraptor (2017).

Thank you!  :)

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator

Can't help you with the Mosasaurus and raptors, but does this help?

Faelrin

R @Remko Thank you so much for that comparison shot. Yes it was actually these three figures I wanted to see together, and I think they all look rather nice together more or less. I did see your comparisons in the Haolonggood thread with their new Apatosaurus, but I'm not entirely sure if I will have space for it (well in the future, whenever that will be, after my situation improves).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Concavenator

R @Remko Of course it helps, thank you so much!  :)

Wow, what a bruiser that Apatosaurus is. Mass-wise, the Eofauna Diplodocus and Carnegie Brachiosaurus feel kinda tiny next to it! That Pentaceratops is also huge.

Bread

Could anyone do a comparison of Haolonggood Pentaceratops and PNSO's Torosaurus? Thank you!

SidB

Quote from: Bread on August 17, 2023, 11:02:59 PMCould anyone do a comparison of Haolonggood Pentaceratops and PNSO's Torosaurus? Thank you!
Here you go, avatar_Bread @Bread -

Flaffy

Quote from: SidB on August 18, 2023, 02:13:02 AM

This here alone proves how bloated PNSO Museum Series prices are if Haolonggood can do the same size and quality at half the price. While there are some people who enjoy the stacks upon stacks of posters and booklets that comes with the PNSO Museum Series,  I can guarentee that most collectors only care about the figure itself.

Bread

Thank you S @SidB, I was considering to pick up the Haolonggood Pentaceratops but it's just vastly too large compared to the Torosaurus. Still a good looking pair of models regardless of scale.

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy agreed. A shame really because PNSO probably knows we'll still buy models like this. Their Torosaurus is probably one of my favorite PNSO sculpts, so I was still to not only purchase it but then get it repainted...

Concavenator

Could someone do a comparison of the PNSO Megalosaurus alongside the newer CollectA one?

SidB

I'm a big fan of DinosDragons' Youtube reviews, on one of which he mentioned that the less said of the GR/HLG T-rex the better. Being a sort of retrograde individual, I nevertheless decided to get one. Having the CollectA semi-feathered rex (repainted), reviewed by Bokisaurus on the DTB, I was struck by the resemblances between the two. The former is by no means a copy, but has several strong similarities.

Note the large scales and the exposed gums (no hint of lips here), dated features, quite understandable on the  CollectA , but rather less so on the GR/HLG. It will be interesting to see what sort of rex HLG comes up with next, now that they've mastered scalation and are employing lips (Daspletosaurus).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: