News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Paleochris's collection

Started by paleochris, October 03, 2021, 03:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paleochris

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 30, 2022, 05:40:54 PMThe base refers to a Moschorhinus, is that a separate model?

No, there was no Moschorhinus... As I said :

QuoteInteresting fact: you read under the base the supposed presence of a Moschorhinus (x1). This one was never added to the scene, so it is not an oversight, there was no place for it in the box. Weird.

I suppose it was planned at the beginning project but never realized. The others I know who also have this kit don't have a Moschorhinus either.

Halichoeres

Oh, duh, I was so enthralled by the photos I must have missed that bit. I guess the tableau doesn't really need anything else, but a Moschorhinus sculpt would be very cool to see regardless.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Kapitaenosavrvs

What a Collection! Wow. Extremely impressive and always a pleasure to have a look at a private Collection that is a bit more exclusive. Thank you for that.  That Deinocheirus looks absolutely fantastic.

paleochris

Yes, this Deinocheirus is fantastic! It was sculpted by the paleo artist Tison Zang, who is quite famous for making some of the most beautiful resin dinosaur statues! There are not many of them and they are often very expensive :(

It was painted by Jagsaurus, a well known Thai painter too!

Kapitaenosavrvs

I can't even... wow.

What an absolute Masterpiece. Stunning to every bit. Thanks for these Pictures, i never saw this Statue before and i will never own it. Wonderful.

ceratopsian

An unusual colour combination.  Very pleasing indeed!

Halichoeres

Phenomenal. I like the scalloped effect of the plumage on the back, and the eye-behind-the-eye on the head.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Paleo Flo

Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Samrukia

the color tone and feathered crest remind me the Deinocheirus from the "Amazing Dinoworld" documentary

paleochris

Yes there is a little bit of inspiration coming from this documentary (I also remember another sequence from a Japanese documentary with a red Deinocheirus).

Here are some other versions painted by other artists for other collectors! They are all fantastic and it's really hard to choose one!

I also own the Deinocheirus of PNSO that I also find particularly beautiful and successful! I don't mind having 2 or 3 versions of the same species, in resin and / or PVC and it shows that we can have the same pleasure with a PVC figure as PNSO and a resin statue.

Besides, as I said, I arranged everything according to periods and species (well rather families)
But I'm wondering more and more if I'm not going to make a PNSO corner only, since PNSO represents now 90% of my PVC figures or do I continue to "mix" them with the resin ones?

Concavenator

What an outstanding collection, I'm in awe.

That Deinocheirus is absolutely stunning. They are all beautifully painted but my favorites are yours and the third one out of those other ones.

Halichoeres

Looks good in whatever it wears!

paleochris

Hello,

Today, I present you a sauropod: Shunosaurus!

This is a 1/18 scale resin model created by LokJoyTen Studio. It was painted by the famous Jagsaurus, a very talented Thai paleo artist.
Shunosaurus was a small sauropod (less than 10 meters in length), so the model has a reasonable size in 1/18th (around 40cm). Shunosaurus was a sauropod with a tail like the ankylosauridae !

Shunosaurus lii
165 mya
Middle Jurassic
Scale: 1/18
Limited edition
Sculptor: LokJoyTen Studio Paint : Jagsaurus

First, some promotional images because I forgot to take a close-up picture of the tail... what an idiot  ;D

This shunosaurus walks quietly in the muddy bed of a river, leaving footprints, who knows, maybe they will fossilize for millions of years... All the known anatomical details on this sauopod are present, in particular the claws on the foots and the tail with its two successive cone-shaped points and osteoderms

SidB

Wonderful detail, especially on the front limbs and feet. Very informative, P @paleochris

paleochris

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I was last here, so here are a few new arrivals from the last few months!

Confuciusornis vs Eomaia (SenSen studio)

Utahraptor (MK studio) scale : 1/20

Sleeping Cryolophosaurus LINGHU ART STUDIO - Scale : 1/15

Ilokelesia Aguadagrandensis Manufacturer: SHOWANNA
Sculptor: Vlad Konstantinov
Scale: 1/18 Very happy to own an obscure abelisoridae !

BrontoScorpio

What A unique and extravagant collection you have.
Must have cost a lot also.
I enjoyed browsing through your collection for items we hardly see elsewhere in this forum.
Resins are so much better.
Very nice indeed.

ceratopsian

The Confusciusornis diorama is wonderful.

paleochris

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on June 24, 2023, 11:33:46 AMWhat A unique and extravagant collection you have.
Must have cost a lot also.
I enjoyed browsing through your collection for items we hardly see elsewhere in this forum.
Resins are so much better.
Very nice indeed.

Thank you !

Yes, it's very expensive, much more so than PVC figurines, but once you've had a taste, it's hard to go back...

Resin sculpts are very rarely seen on the forum, yes, but that's normal, it's really a niche market, there are far fewer collectors given the considerable financial means required to obtain them all. In France, there are two of us with such a collection, and there must be a dozen others in all for Europe and the USA, and probably a few dozen more in Asia? a little more in China perhaps, where prices are much lower and it's easier to get them.

In any case, I hope to give you a little pleasure by presenting these works.

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 24, 2023, 12:04:37 PMThe Confusciusornis diorama is wonderful.

:D  Yes it is!

And I absolutely love that Deinonychus pair going up a creek :o - haven't seen them before.
 I ordered me the 1:25 version of the resting Cryolophosaurus, but it's getting a different coloration.

paleochris

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 24, 2023, 09:19:18 PMI ordered me the 1:25 version of the resting Cryolophosaurus, but it's getting a different coloration.

Really? I'd only seen this color in the studio's original shade, what's the color of yours?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: