News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Wren

Yeah, I respect Haolonggood for listening to feedback and making corrections. They certainly didn't have to do that, since it takes time and money to re-tool molds. Sounds like accuracy is genuinely important to them. I'd hope that the members of this forum would appreciate that mindset from a figure company.

If you bought the Ouranosaurus already because the small inaccuracies didn't tarnish your interest in the figure, you're still fine. You can keep enjoying the figure.

Check out my customs thread!

Sim

I'm very impressed the Ouranosaurus is being corrected.  I think Haolonggood now has the best Ouranosaurus, beating Battat's with a thicker neck, more realistic skin texture and hands in a better orientation!  I don't have an Ouranosaurus, I now intend to get the corrected one by Haolonggood!  I'm very happy this happened!  I prefer the paintjob of the newer version too.

I would like to know where and when the corrected Ouranosaurus will be sold?

Blade-of-the-Moon

How will we know we ordering the new one vs the old from dealers?

Quiversaurus

Wow this is great, I might actually pick these guys up now. I can't really tell if the revised version is larger/enlarged, but that thumb claw is much appreciated - good job V @vampiredesign !

Is it just me, or does the second picture show a change in the crests as well (2 knobs as opposed to just 1)?

I do agree though that it was a bit of a missed opportunity to do a third paint scheme. Maybe it'll appear further down the line, like with the Quetz.

I like that there's a little Wuerhosaurus peeking out from the top in the third image  ;)

TheCambrianCrusader

Oh wow surprised they actually fixed the issue. I might pick it up just to support even if I already own the original

SidB

Quote from: Thialfi on June 27, 2023, 04:02:02 PMIf this is to replace the initial release that could be slightly disappointing for early adopters..

Good on them for fixing their error of course!
I got my green version altered, both spikes and crest. Never bought the orange one, but I plan to get the new version now. Well done, Haolonggood.

Faelrin

Oof I just bought the old red one. Well at least it was like 50% off or so, not bad at all. I'll try to pick up this new one once it is available. Glad they fixed it though (thumb spike aside should have five digits on the hands, but hard for me to tell). While it is ideal that things be made right from the get go, I do appreciate when companies fix issues and re-release things (even if it can be seen as in poor taste to some, particularly those that bought the original with issues). One can always sell the old one off if need be, if no longer desired.

Hard for me to tell, but it looks like they fixed the head too? Might have seen avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy's earlier post, for example, and corrected it based on the information within.

Hope the green one gets this upgrade as well, since I adore both colorations and want both.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

It is hard to tell if the crest was modified though it looks like something was done. When I got the thumb spikes added on my green one, I also got digits added, in a subtle fashion, to get up to five. But the spikes were all-important, otherwise, how could the Ouranosaurus hitchhike?

Halichoeres

Good on them for working to improve. I can't tell if the horns have been fixed; if so, that might sway me.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Ahh. the cheeky buggers... Had I known an official remake was coming I would've waited before getting the orange version. Kinda wish they did a deluxe third colour scheme for this release so I can justify adding it to my collection.

Very happy that Haolonggood actually went back and changed an existing figure for the better though! Doesn't look like they redid the crests so I'm not incentivised enough to replace my existing copies. I liked the blue on the hands and feet too, which are missing on the updated version.

Flaffy

Quote from: SidB on June 27, 2023, 06:56:59 PMIt is hard to tell if the crest was modified though it looks like something was done. When I got the thumb spikes added on my green one, I also got digits added, in a subtle fashion, to get up to five. But the spikes were all-important, otherwise, how could the Ouranosaurus hitchhike?
Quote from: Halichoeres on June 27, 2023, 07:18:37 PMGood on them for working to improve. I can't tell if the horns have been fixed; if so, that might sway me.

Re: Crests
Doesn't look to be. Still looks like it has the errornous the singular midline crest. Which is a shame if they're changing up the mold anyways, might as well fix the other glaring issue with the model.

Sim

I saw a photo of the new Ouranosaurus on Facebook that shows it has five fingers.

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on June 27, 2023, 07:24:49 PMAhh. the cheeky buggers... Had I known an official remake was coming I would've waited before getting the orange version. Kinda wish they did a deluxe third colour scheme for this release so I can justify adding it to my collection.

Very happy that Haolonggood actually went back and changed an existing figure for the better though! Doesn't look like they redid the crests so I'm not incentivised enough to replace my existing copies. I liked the blue on the hands and feet too, which are missing on the updated version.
Looking at the images again, it doesn't appear that the crest was altered. Could be mistaken, but now that I used my laptop instead of my old cellphone, it doesn't seem that an alteration occurred. If not, that's a bit puzzling. Nevertheless, if that's the case, I'm still ordering the newer orange/blue one and will get the crest removed and two new ones installed. No big deal.

ladyferry

I definitely think that these figures would look so much better, and more realistic with a light dark wash to bring the scales and textures of the skin out.

I am torn whether or not to buy them because of the strange opaque plasticky look about them.

If I do buy I will spend time customising them by giving them a light dark wash, just to enhance the figures to a more higher standard.

ItsTwentyBelow

Hey that's cool that they officially updated the Ouranosaurus with a thumb spike! I'm still perfectly happy with my red version though and do not feel the need to get another, just for that. I bought it in a hurry for a reason: it's overall a great figure! I will happily keep mine as it is the 1st edition sculpt.

I'd happily pick this up if I didn't have one already, as it does show Haolonggood listens to feedback. However, I can see it being tricky to actually get one with the spikes for those interested unless online retailers can make it clear which one they are sending you. Still lots of the 1st edition out there waiting to be sold right now I'd expect.

Received my purple Wuerhosaurus last weekend and I love how it looks with the collectA Gigantspinosaurus and Dino Tales Huayangosaurus. Good scale too! Moving forward, I hope they keep everything between 1:35-1:40 scale.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Flaffy on April 13, 2023, 09:39:34 PM
Quote from: Sim on April 13, 2023, 04:50:30 PMavatar_Faelrin @Faelrin, I believe Ouranosaurus has a pair of horns like on the Battat version, rather than the single horn on the Haolonggood figure.

Oh wow good catch avatar_Sim @Sim . I was so hyperfocused on the errornous manus that I neglected to inspect the rest of the figure. The skull clearly shows two preorbital boeses instead of one central boss, an error that that both JWCC and JWE designs made. But not an error I'd expect a rigorous scientific reconstruction to make. I suspect the sculptor only consulted side-view skeletals when sculpting these figures, as it would be the most logical explaination as to why the second boss was excluded from the figure. Still doesn't explain the missing digits though.

So two MAJOR strikes against the figure, not looking good :-\ . I fail to see how this can be considered a "definitive" version of the genus when the Battat exists. The overall presentation and finish of the figure is sublime, but like with the Nasutoceratops, these accuracy issues holds the figure back from being the best representation of the genus in our collections.

The Battat version clearly showing two preorbital boses (along with thumb spikes). Funny how the common innacuracies with Ouranosaurus and Maiasaura are the exact opposites, the former is errornously reconstructed with only one boss, while the latter is often errornously reconstructed with two.

(Image from DTB review)

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy 's original post for reference~

The blue on the feet of the original model really does make a difference though, compared to the revised one. Decisions, decisions...

Bread

Full reveal and are now up for sale on aliexpress.

Edmontonia

I am really liking the blue, especially with it being more dull than I originally anticipated. Hmm... I will probably wait to purchase this one since I'd like to order the new Ouranosaurus and one of these Edmontonia together.

Faelrin

avatar_Bread @Bread What seller? Not seeing it yet. Edit: Found it here: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805578558337.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.32.50fb1e4dIeE7g8&pdp_npi=3%40dis%21USD%21US%20%2435.98%21US%20%2417.99%21%21%21%21%21%402101f49516879199338087275ef9c4%2112000034270496309%21sh%21US%214068783251&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

I will have to wait until I pay my cards like tomorrow or so, but man I can't wait to get my hand on at least one of these for now. Now I can't decide which I prefer. I think I might go with the blue or green one for now. It reminds me of the older green Battat figure. Both look great though.

Samrukia

Faelrin

I'm not 100% sure if one of these is blue or green because of the lighting and black backdrops used, but that blue/green one is definitely looking like the Battat one, if unintentionally so. If intentionally so it is a wonderful tribute to that long retired figure.

Once again asking if anyone knows what species this figure represents (and the original Battat for that matter). I asked about it in this post here.

Edit: Interesting there's a little tiny caption on the second image avatar_Samrukia @erlectric shared that reads "Recent, more dramatic use of CGI was seen in "Walking with Dinosaurs". Maybe one of the colorations or the reconstruction was based on the WWD Edmontonia? Really fascinating.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: