News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TNG Prehistoric Figures (Unending Tedium)

Started by Loon, January 28, 2023, 03:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: Pinbacker on October 21, 2023, 04:53:04 AMWhy is the title for this thread so snarky? Haven't we moved past the "TNG is a bootleg brand" phase yet?

Well, the thread was started while that debate was still active. Only the originator of the thread or a moderator are able to change the title of the thread. The originator hasn't visited the forum in a while, and I'm not sure this falls under the moderators' purview.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roar

Onwards to adventure!

Ikessauro

Quote from: Roar on October 28, 2023, 09:53:55 AMWhy don't they have a website? Anyone knows?

That seems to be a common trend amongst Chinese companies. Rebor, Nanmu, TNG, Haolonggood, none of them have an official website. They survive with only Social Media pages/profiles.

Roar

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 29, 2023, 02:59:21 AM
Quote from: Roar on October 28, 2023, 09:53:55 AMWhy don't they have a website? Anyone knows?

That seems to be a common trend amongst Chinese companies. Rebor, Nanmu, TNG, Haolonggood, none of them have an official website. They survive with only Social Media pages/profiles.
okay, well, is there a known social media page for them?
Onwards to adventure!

Ikessauro

Quote from: Roar on October 29, 2023, 04:15:50 PM

okay, well, is there a known social media page for them?

I checked and I don't think TNG has a presence on Social Media, yet anyway. Rebor and Nanmu have though, Haolonggood also doesn't I think. IToy has a Facebook Page if I am not mistaken.

REBOR_STUDIO

We are based in the UK thank you. And we do have a website www.REBOR.co.uk, it's just that our website is offline cus having a website these days is useless. We collect NECA and Hottoys yet we never visit their websites.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on November 10, 2023, 05:51:29 AM

...having a website these days is useless.

I don't know about that, I'd like to think this website is pretty useful.

SidB

Quote from: DinoToyForum on November 10, 2023, 12:00:32 PM

That it is!

postosuchus

I don't use social networks. Therefore, websites are practically the only way (except this forum and online stores) for me to get acquainted with the company and its products.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: DinoToyForum on November 10, 2023, 12:00:32 PM

It certainly is ;D I mean for us cus we don't sell our products ourselves plus social media sites are more straightforward and news spreads a lot faster.

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

I have 2 pictures of 2 new tng models,,1 is a giant sloth,the other one is the arsinotherium,got it from a chinese friend.don't know how to post them.
The Return Of The Mammoth's

SidB

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on January 12, 2024, 01:07:11 PMI have 2 pictures of 2 new tng models,,1 is a giant sloth,the other one is the arsinotherium,got it from a chinese friend.don't know how to post them.
I'd love to see them, if you can find a way to post them, S @STORMnlNIJMEGEN .

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

Look for me at facebook,,i send pictures trough messenger.look for martien folmering
The Return Of The Mammoth's

Concavenator

"A Continued Exercise in Tedium"? "Mayonnaise Sundae"? What's with these thread titles? What a silly and pointless way of disrespecting a company. You may or may not be into their stuff, but let's show some respect, please...

SidB

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator , I can't speak to the epithet "Mayonnaise Sunday", but I can say that "a continued exercise in tedium" was avatar_Loon @Loon's way of expressing frustration at the continuing nature of the thread that Loon started as an inquiry into the products of TNG. After the initial responses at the beginning of the thread, we continued to discuss the ins and outs of TNG , which apparently was annoying and unnecessary to avatar_Loon @Loon . However, I think that it's safe to say that various people, including myself, find their past, present and future figures to be of genuine interest. So, I'd like to see what TNG's most recent set of offerings are all about. I currently own five of their Cenozoic mammals and am interested in others as they become available.

Dusty Wren

Wait, how is "Mayonnaise Sundae" disrespectful? It's a nonsense phrase. It doesn't mean anything. (It made me laugh, though, so thanks avatar_Loon @Loon!)

And "A Continued Exercise in Tedium" was referring to the arguing going on in the thread at the time that title was added, not the company itself.
Check out my customs thread!

Concavenator

Quote from: Dusty Wren on January 12, 2024, 05:31:43 PMWait, how is "Mayonnaise Sundae" disrespectful? It's a nonsense phrase.

That's precisely why. If somebody creates a thread called "PNSO - New for 2024 (Mayonnaise Sundae)", I figure there would be people asking to remove the "funny" part of the title.  :P

Flaffy

Any news on the Arsinoitherium and Megatherium? There was a bunch of dinosaur soft models (akin to the Favorite Co. soft models?) revealed, but nothing noteworthy besides the pliosaur and ankylosaur.

Labelled "Saichania", but some are guessing Polacanthus as an ID. Not gonna lie I kinda prefer the TNG sculpt, particularly the head, over CollectA's attempt.
Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006499613418.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.9.38181802Umt9jX

Takama

Quote from: Concavenator on January 12, 2024, 05:40:04 PM
Quote from: Dusty Wren on January 12, 2024, 05:31:43 PMWait, how is "Mayonnaise Sundae" disrespectful? It's a nonsense phrase.

That's precisely why. If somebody creates a thread called "PNSO - New for 2024 (Mayonnaise Sundae)", I figure there would be people asking to remove the "funny" part of the title.  :P

Hey,  you never know who would eat that.

I ate beacon and maple syrup together in a Icecream Sundae

SidB

I'm all for TNG's cenozoic mammals, but not enthused by their dinos. However, this nodosaurid, whatever it turns out to be, does seem to possess a high production quality at first glance.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: