News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Forgot to say that I got the Kentrosaurus model from Nikola Roglic and it is a beautiful little model.

Over9K

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 20, 2023, 05:03:43 PMAnnoyingly my pair of Dilophosaurus seems stuck in transit.  No movement for days, despite tracking telling me customs have been cleared.  Wish me luck!!

Once an item has gone through Customs, it has to be handed back to the USPS, so there can be a gap of days between the item being scanned as approved for entry by Customs and the USPS acquiring the item for delivery again. I have noticed that items that go through Customs in Los Angeles or New York are typically immediately returned to the USPS, but those that go through Customs in Detroit can often take several days, up to a week, to begin moving again once Customs has approved it.

Concavenator

Well, Kentrosaurus was around the same length as Nasutoceratops and Tianzhenosaurus, and Haolonggood made those already (even if not at 1:35 scale). So I think it could be made at a larger scale if necessary like those two species and it would be fine. I still think a 1:35 Kentrosaurus is feasible, as evidenced by the CollectA version.

Kentrosaurus is quite a popular suggestion anyways, considering there are few figures of it, I don't think the people asking for it will be too picky about the scale in a situation like this. If there are other reasons to avoid it, I'm unaware and I totally respect that. It's just that I don't think there's any issue with the size of the animal (I mean, if we're talking about a 1:35 Anchiornis, yeah, I understand that, but that's not the case :P ).

ceratopsian

I'm in the UK. Normally packages come through very quickly. In fact I received today an Ampelosaurus that was ordered several days after the Dilophosaurus.

Quote from: Over9K on November 21, 2023, 09:22:29 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on November 20, 2023, 05:03:43 PMAnnoyingly my pair of Dilophosaurus seems stuck in transit.  No movement for days, despite tracking telling me customs have been cleared.  Wish me luck!!

Once an item has gone through Customs, it has to be handed back to the USPS, so there can be a gap of days between the item being scanned as approved for entry by Customs and the USPS acquiring the item for delivery again. I have noticed that items that go through Customs in Los Angeles or New York are typically immediately returned to the USPS, but those that go through Customs in Detroit can often take several days, up to a week, to begin moving again once Customs has approved it.

Cretaceous Crab

Just got Edmontonia and Ampelosaurus in today. I have to say I am very pleased with all my Haolonggood figures so far. Nice price points, and even shipping through Aliexpress, they get here within 2 weeks. The quality and detail rival that of PNSO or Eofauna. And I have to give kudos for re-releasing the Ouranosaurus with the thumb spike after listening to the fans.
Keep 'em coming!

Halichoeres

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 21, 2023, 03:46:53 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 21, 2023, 01:13:18 AM
Quote from: vampiredesign on November 19, 2023, 01:05:39 PMI understand very well that Alamosaurus originally planned to be a surprise for China at the end of the year. Before the re planning, there were already other new products on the production line, and Alamosaurus' paint plan is currently in progress. Of course, my arrival was definitely prepared for a surprise. (Alamosaurus has other new products before) Don't worry, we need to order some other appetizers first.I'm very sorry for causing you anxiety. I hope the next side dishes match your taste.

Thanks for the update. Excited to see both the appetizers and the giant-sized main course.

Don't forget dessert  ;D

To me dessert would be if they ventured into the Paleozoic!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TlatolophusJuanorum

New teaser for 2024 Haolonggood's sauropods by Paleofiguras
So Alamosaurus will be out in 2024, as too I think will be a Mamenchisaurus hochuanensis, Giraffatitan and an Argentinosaurus? Sorry if this is not the adequate topic for discussion.

shahinos

thomasw100

Was about to post this as well, so here the picture. The inferred species would be Alamosaurus, Argentininosaurus, Giraffatitan (or Brachiosaurus) and Mamenchisaurus.

Fembrogon

That's both exciting and terrifying. Those giants are bound to cost at least $150-200 each.
Hopefully we get some nice & small figurines in between still!

bmathison1972

Oh wow, and we were just chatting elsewhere about a new Giraffatitan/Brachio figure. I don't have any of these genera, so all are potential purchases, except for the Alamosaurus for which I think I'll go with PNSO.

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: Fembrogon on November 22, 2023, 08:17:03 PMThat's both exciting and terrifying. Those giants are bound to cost at least $150-200 each.

That's the persisting trouble of sauropod collecting, isn't it? If you want a 1:35 scale titanosaur, you're going to have to be ready to give up a good amount of money. I will definitely be keeping an eye on these sauropods but until prices get confirmed, its hard to say whether I will be willing to actually pick them up. Looking at this size chart, the word "intimidating" is a good descriptor.

I'm sure many people can't help but feel underwhelmed when a new sauropod (typically titanosaur) figure is released and its in the 1:50 range, however I see it more as a necessary compromise.

It's a good middle ground between keeping titanosaur collecting accessible and giving the species a good enough presence in the shelf.

That being said, I'm also looking forward to all the other species HLG makes in the meantime! I've been wanting to see more hadrosaurs from them for a while (or a Plateosaurus, seeing how this company likes to make figures of underrepresented species..)
* (It's locked.)

thomasw100

Quote from: Tracewyrm! on November 22, 2023, 08:30:49 PM
Quote from: Fembrogon on November 22, 2023, 08:17:03 PMThat's both exciting and terrifying. Those giants are bound to cost at least $150-200 each.

That's the persisting trouble of sauropod collecting, isn't it? If you want a 1:35 scale titanosaur, you're going to have to be ready to give up a good amount of money. I will definitely be keeping an eye on these sauropods but until prices get confirmed, its hard to say whether I will be willing to actually pick them up. Looking at this size chart, the word "intimidating" is a good descriptor.

I'm sure many people can't help but feel underwhelmed when a new sauropod (typically titanosaur) figure is released and its in the 1:50 range, however I see it more as a necessary compromise.

It's a good middle ground between keeping titanosaur collecting accessible and giving the species a good enough presence in the shelf.

That being said, I'm also looking forward to all the other species HLG makes in the meantime! I've been wanting to see more hadrosaurs from them for a while (or a Plateosaurus, seeing how this company likes to make figures of underrepresented species..)

I understand very well that these large sauropods are expensive and take up a lot of space. On the other hand, the only option for getting sauropods in 1:35 scale have been resin models which are even more expensive. The PVC models from Haolonggood cost just 20 to 25 percent of what a resin model would typically cost. So in effect Haolonggood makes large sauropod models more affordable and more accessible. Of course they will need to carefully balance these large releases with smaller species which will sell in larger quantities. But actually when looking at the releases in 2023 they were just doing that. I think they were testing the waters with the Apatosaurus and this model was really well received, so they feel encouraged to make a few more of these large sauropods. As we have seen with the Ampelosaurus, they can also balance this with smaller sauropod species.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: thomasw100 on November 22, 2023, 08:11:16 PMWas about to post this as well, so here the picture. The inferred species would be Alamosaurus, Argentininosaurus, Giraffatitan (or Brachiosaurus) and Mamenchisaurus.

That's fantastic.  I'll have to clear out a lot of older figures for those.

Flaffy

Jesus christ all mighty... This will be a beautiful herd of sauropods to behold.

I'll take a guess to the species:
- Mamenchisaurus (M. hochuanensis)
- Brachiosaurus / Giraffattitan
- Alamosaurus
- Argentinosaurus

2024's looking to be a very expensive year for me. I really hope the upcoming species will have more rigorous sculpts than the Apatosaurus and Ampelosaurus. V @vampiredesign is more than welcome to share work-in-progress pictures of the sculpts to the forum to catch any potential inaccuracies before production. ^-^

e.g. the Argentinosaurus(?) silouette seems to have it's skull based off on Malawisaurus. Which I suspect is because it's based on SpinoInWonderland's Argentinosaurus skeletal.

Despite lack of skull material for Argentinosaurus itself; Nemegtosaurus, Sarmientosaurus and Tapuiasaurus are probably safer choices to base the skull reconstruction on.

Prehistoric Kingdom's Argentinosaurus is one of if not the best reconstruction I've seen in media. A good reference IMO.

postsaurischian

:o  Unbelievable! If someone had shown this pic a few years back I would have been pushed over the edge.   Revolutionary!
  It's nice that they used both colour variants I chose for my collection - It would have been perfect if they had included the Dicraeosaurus as well.

TheCambrianCrusader

If haolonggood is committed to 1:35 sauropods, mayhaps a rearing Barosaurus? ;)
I'd buy that in a heartbeat price be damned.

Pliosaurking

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw this!
This is fantastic news, but definitely not for my wallet, and due to where I live I'd say the smallest one will be at least 200 bucks. The apatosaurus for me to get is 175 bucks on the cheap side,(which I still have yet to get) so seeing how small it is next to the up and coming models, is a petty frightening sight. Still I don't think I can resist getting one of those big titanosaurs...

suspsy

I do hope that Haolonggood isn't biting off more than they can chew. Big sauropods are all fine and dandy and impressive, but they're also expensive and difficult to display.

And I really hope that they don't start increasing their prices on all their future toys and become yet another PNSO.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Wally-217

I realize this is an immensely specific concern but As someone who's display is firmly cemented at 1/40 scale, I just pray that there's enough wiggle room in the scale. A Brachiosaurus at ~1/35 could pass for a Giraffatitan at ~1/40, likewise a 22m mamenchisaurid at ~1/35 works nicely as a 26m specimen at 1/40, but the opposite is not usually true. My poor W-dragon Giraffatitan looks so out of place.

Either way, these are the my four dream species/genus/families for sauropods. I have no doubt that I'll be very happy come next year.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: