News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellow Stego

Soo, I might have been bored and had access to bronze powder.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

SidB

Reminds me of the old golden Invictas. Anyone remember those?

EmperorDinobot

Nope, bit older than me. I wonder what they look like though.

I finally found a Kaprosuchus with good painted eyes. I do not know why this was so difficult to find. They are uncommon, but not rare, and every one had issues with the eye paint. Also, I got the Dromaeosaurs last year, but I finally dug them up, and with that I now have all of the raptors except for the repaints that came out last year.
Puffin-head I got for half off at Target. Still need the green Trike, and am refusing to buy it at full price. Hopefully I'll see it on Saturday. It's an interesting mold.

Faelrin

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot Where did you manage to find that Kaprosuchus at? Congrats on your new stuff too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Faelrin on February 16, 2024, 01:01:16 AMavatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot Where did you manage to find that Kaprosuchus at? Congrats on your new stuff too.

Fred Meyer/Kroger. I'd help others find one, as they aren't rare, but they all had eye issues. The paint on Plesiosaurus' teeth is bad, too. TThe other dinos have been ok.

Flaffy

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on February 16, 2024, 01:32:55 AM
Quote from: Faelrin on February 16, 2024, 01:01:16 AMavatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot Where did you manage to find that Kaprosuchus at? Congrats on your new stuff too.

Fred Meyer/Kroger. I'd help others find one, as they aren't rare, but they all had eye issues. The paint on Plesiosaurus' teeth is bad, too. TThe other dinos have been ok.

Sounds like another Prestosuchus situation. Out of the many many copies I've seen only two Prestosuchus had well painted eyes. A shame that this QC issue extends to the Kaprosuchus.

PrimevalRaptor

Congrats on those, still waiting for the Kaprosuchus to hit shelves over here.

Meanwhile in some insane stroke of luck I found the Hammond Collection Corythosaurus at a Tk Maxx of all places (and reduced in price too lol)
Really happy about this, may be my favorite HC figure, forelimbs aside I /think/ it holds up pretty well and the JP3 color scheme is gorgeous

EmperorDinobot

Yeah the Cory is a beast....until you look at its hands hahahah.

I lucked out and my first prestosuchus had good eyes. Gigantpinosaurus' eyes, well, I mean, they're very tiny, and mine were the best of the 3 I saw.

My newer Indominus rex has severe eye issues. I ordered it online during a sale in Dec and opened it 3 days ago. Boy was I livid. Both eyes were completely off the mark. At least it came half off, but this is a figure I refuse to buy at full price. If anyone sees it at Ross, lmk via pm or msg on fb, I'm sure we're all friends there.

CityRaptor

Hammond Collection Metriacanthosaurus & Dennis Nedry

First time buying a human figure that is not bundled with another creature. Although I guess the embryos in the can might count....

Schleich Gastonia
Captivz Jurassic Park Triceratops
Dino Legends Stegox

The Gastonia is really overpriced at the original price, but this one was on sale, 56% off.
Spreaking of overpriced, I feel like a I overpayed for the Trike, despite finding it in a store as opposed online. Curse you, Nostalgia!
Stegox is the result of curiosity. Saw the Blind Box in the same store as the Hammond Collection figures and got curios. Reminds me of the Extreme Dinosaurs. According to his bio, Stegox is the tech guy of his team...so basically he is Stegz from Extreme Dinosaurs. ( There are also figures that look like T-Bone, Spike, Bullz-Eye and Haxx.) Although who ever designed him apparently thought that it was a god idea to not give a Stegosaurus a tail. According to the check list, some figures have tails, but both, the Stegosaurus and the Ankylosaurus lack them.  ::)
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Carnoking

This was my week sorted! Always have a ton of fun getting these new BotM figures opened up and worn in!

Carnoking

While I'm at it, here are a few other recent acquisitions from the past month!

Nanmu's Spinosaurus "Supplanter" 2.0, Pharaoh edition, complete with severed T. rex head.

PNSO's Alamosaurus, Samuel just to tide me over until HLG's arrives.

Also rescued a well-loved Safari Ltd Pachyrhinosaurus off of eBay. Little touch up paint and he looks good as new, ready for the shelf!

TooOldForDinosaurs

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Stunning photos! The paint job on the Nanmu Pharaoh Spino looks incredibly beautiful!

Concavenator

Good to still see appreciation for the Safari Pachyrhinosaurus.

Carnoking

Quote from: Concavenator on February 18, 2024, 08:20:20 PMGood to still see appreciation for the Safari Pachyrhinosaurus.

I foolishly parted with mine a while back, along with many of my other Doug Watson Ceratopsians, only for some to become hard to find and fetching a high dollar. I've been gradually tracking them back down ever since, and I believe all that's left now is the Nasutoceratops.

Gwangi

I don't normally post in here but I had to share my good fortune. Today my wife found the Invicta Apatosaurus while we were shopping in an old junk store. It has a few chew marks on the head but it only cost $4! Sometimes dreams do come true! Also got the Mattel Mamenchisaurus on clearance for $20. A good day for sauropod hunting.

Carnoking

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on February 18, 2024, 07:58:22 PMavatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Stunning photos! The paint job on the Nanmu Pharaoh Spino looks incredibly beautiful!

I own a lot of their pieces but this one is easily one of their best painted!

triceratops83

Quote from: Gwangi on February 18, 2024, 09:31:01 PMI don't normally post in here but I had to share my good fortune. Today my wife found the Invicta Apatosaurus while we were shopping in an old junk store. It has a few chew marks on the head but it only cost $4! Sometimes dreams do come true! Also got the Mattel Mamenchisaurus on clearance for $20. A good day for sauropod hunting.

That was a charmed shopping experience, congratulations!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

SidB

Quote from: Gwangi on February 18, 2024, 09:31:01 PMI don't normally post in here but I had to share my good fortune. Today my wife found the Invicta Apatosaurus while we were shopping in an old junk store. It has a few chew marks on the head but it only cost $4! Sometimes dreams do come true! Also got the Mattel Mamenchisaurus on clearance for $20. A good day for sauropod hunting.

Still remains, despite its age and retro-ness, the most elegant of Apatosaurs.

Gwangi

No question about it S @SidB, and its certainly the best vintage Apatosaurus/Brontosaurus around.

Shopping experiences like that are few and far between avatar_triceratops83 @triceratops83. I hit up a lot of antique, thrift, and collectable stores and seldom score something like that. Every time I visit those places it's Invicta and Battat I'm hoping to find. This is the first time I've found an Invicta figure in about 6 years. First time ever even seeing the Apatosaurus in person.

triceratops83

Quote from: Gwangi on February 19, 2024, 01:35:00 AMShopping experiences like that are few and far between avatar_triceratops83 @triceratops83. I hit up a lot of antique, thrift, and collectable stores and seldom score something like that. Every time I visit those places it's Invicta and Battat I'm hoping to find. This is the first time I've found an Invicta figure in about 6 years. First time ever even seeing the Apatosaurus in person.

That's cool, seeing it for the first time. Here you just wouldn't find something like that in thrift shops. Maybe old Dino-Riders or Kenner JP stuff if you're lucky. But back in the day, things like Carnegie or Invicta weren't really available in Australia outside of museums or mail order catalogues, so that sort of stuff didn't really get around. I never even heard of Battat until I discovered this forum. The Internet has really made life easier for collectors.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: