You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Completing the Beasts of the Mesozoic Series

Started by suspsy, January 19, 2019, 02:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Are the osmolskaes the same molds as the mongoliensisesisesises?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fembrogon

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 09, 2024, 12:19:47 AMAre the osmolskaes the same molds as the mongoliensisesisesises?
Whoops, I didn't see this post before. Yes, the V. osmolskae and V. mongoliensis figures appear to be identical in sculpt, at least judging by the "Alpha" and "black" variants. There are currently three different release reviews for the BotM Velociraptor sculpt - one for the "build-a-raptor" set and one for each species - so if we still "need" any Velociraptor reviews it's probably wise to specify which particular variants.

And the subadult Trike can still be removed from the list.  ;)

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Fembrogon on August 08, 2024, 06:17:46 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on February 09, 2024, 12:19:47 AMAre the osmolskaes the same molds as the mongoliensisesisesises?
Whoops, I didn't see this post before. Yes, the V. osmolskae and V. mongoliensis figures appear to be identical in sculpt, at least judging by the "Alpha" and "black" variants. There are currently three different release reviews for the BotM Velociraptor sculpt - one for the "build-a-raptor" set and one for each species - so if we still "need" any Velociraptor reviews it's probably wise to specify which particular variants.

And the subadult Trike can still be removed from the list.  ;)

I am going to have to get a closer look at them, but I think they are the same sculpt with different bits and pieces. I mentioned in one of my reviews that I wanted to get the build-a-raptor sets as they are the only way to know for sure.

EmperorDinobot

Well, the Albertaceratops is going up in the next hmm...12-15 hours, so be advised.

I plan to be done with my whole list by mid October depending on my health. If health bad, there will be a review. If health good, I'll be away from keyboard.

Tonight, it will go up, though I reckon most of you will be asleep. I need to edit it, add links, etc.

EmperorDinobot

Boom! you can knock another one off the list!

I'll do Wendiceratops and Xenoceratops next, and the Diabloceratops hatchlings. I'm also supposed to do Moros, but I will acquire that later, like in December.

I want to do Acheroraptor, the newer version for sentimental reasons. I don't need any of the big tyrannosaurs, because I won't be able to get any until next year. They are too expensive, and I'm working on an area just for them, but I have a feeling said area is going to be filled by Jurassic animals first. Ugh.

Faelrin

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot I forgot but has the adult Diabloceratops but done yet? I know I wanted to do that one, but aside from my current backlog, it's going to be a long time until I can get that one out of storage to review.

Maybe if it hasn't been done yet, would you be interested in doing a joint review for adults and babies (assuming that would be allowed on the blog)? I'd love to see that and was something I wanted to do after picking up the babies last year, but again the adult is locked away from me for a long time so I cannot do that.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Faelrin on September 10, 2024, 08:18:07 PMavatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot I forgot but has the adult Diabloceratops but done yet? I know I wanted to do that one, but aside from my current backlog, it's going to be a long time until I can get that one out of storage to review.

Maybe if it hasn't been done yet, would you be interested in doing a joint review for adults and babies (assuming that would be allowed on the blog)? I'd love to see that and was something I wanted to do after picking up the babies last year, but again the adult is locked away from me for a long time so I cannot do that.

Diabloceratops has not been done. Do you have the babies on hand? I thought trading/switching was kind of frowned upon. My next botm review will be Xenoceratops, while I hunt for Wendiceratops' collector card. My next reviews will be all Jurassic. But they will be quickly done, like one every 4 days or 5 depending on my mood.

Also, who is doing Dilophosaurus?

Faelrin

I do have the babies on hand. 

I was asking if you would be interested in doing both adult and babies together in a combined review, since my plan to do the adult is on indefinite hold while it remains inaccessible. That's if reviewing two figures (well one, and a set of three) at the same time is allowed for a review. I'm not sure. I just thought it be interesting to see them done together though since they are the same species.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Faelrin on September 11, 2024, 05:11:55 PMI do have the babies on hand.

I was asking if you would be interested in doing both adult and babies together in a combined review, since my plan to do the adult is on indefinite hold while it remains inaccessible. That's if reviewing two figures (well one, and a set of three) at the same time is allowed for a review. I'm not sure. I just thought it be interesting to see them done together though since they are the same species.

Here's what I'm going to do: I am going to take all of their pics, and you can write the review/description, etc. My phone is now calibrated and has been behaving quite well since the last update. I don't have pics of the boxed Diabloceratops, though, but I do of the babies, and their collector cards. I'll send 'em to you once they're all taken!

In the meantime, I'mma tackle all Jurassic dinos, as all those pics are now taken except for Elaphrosaurus and Plesiosaurus.

Faelrin

Oh okay thanks. I'd gladly appreciate that. Still gotta finish my Koolasuchus one first (I'm hoping to pick it back up next month, if my family can get this new apartment at the end of the month, fingers crossed), but it would be good to finally get that one done. I really regret not keeping it on hand to begin with though, like some of my other figures I kept around.

Which Jurassic Plesiosaurus are you doing by the way? In case you don't have them all, I have all of them on hand that I could try to get a group shot of them for if you need it.

EmperorDinobot

I'll be done with pics before you get to do Koolasuchus lol

I own all plesiosaurs. The latest one is the one that I'm going to do, so don't worry 'bout it. Ir's a super short review, mainly criticizing that I ended up checking multiple stores across 2 weeks hoping to find one whose teeth were better painted. That's essentially it. If any of the other 3 have been done, I'll just link the reviews to it, or do a multi-review and get them all in one post. I was hoping to do them in the glass pellet river, but that area hasn't been installed yet. I might go and get them done tomorrow. I have this new mania of not wanting to touch my phone because it's been outside. Ugh. Even if I clorox it for an hour.

Faelrin

Okay good, that saves me the trouble of digging them out of the box I got them in lol.

For what it is worth I did the BD one a few years back. Don't know if the two Savage Strike ones got done though? The navy and cream 2019 one and the 2021 blue and white one.

EmperorDinobot

I will look through the blog when I'm ready to review them.

But back to BOTM. Is there a checklist for the 1/18 raptors/ceratopsians? I have: Linheraptor, Psittacosaurus, Protoceratps a. and h., and the glow in the dark ones.

I was looking through the shop and was wondering if any were sold out other than Protoceratops h. They have Velociraptor m. Black, Velociraptor o. (blue), and FC Dromaeosaurus. Were any others made?

Faelrin

Here's all those tiny 1/18 ones they made (I've also added links for those with reviews already):

First batch (2022):
-Dromaeosaurus (brown goshawk colors)
-Linheraptor
-Psittacosaurus
-Protoceratops andrewsi
-P. hellenikorhinus
-Velociraptor (red, adult bearded vulture colors)

Second batch (2023):
-Dromaeosaurus FC (American Kestrel colors)
-Velociraptor (black, juvenile bearded vulture colors)
-Velociraptor (blue KS exclusive colors)
-Glow in the Dark set (blue Protoceratops, red Velociraptor, yellow Psittacosaurus, which also had individual releases exclusive to PowerCon 2023)

Kind of surprised P. hellenikorhinus didn't get a review yet, as it is based on a different species with a different sculpt that's also unique to the 1:18 line.

Edit: For what it is worth I only have the Protoceratops andrewsi and red Velociraptor in this scale that I picked up at Legions Con last year, both of which already reviewed.

Edit 2: I decided to go one step further to check and compare which releases have yet to be reviewed (and those reviewed with links):

BotM Raptor Series:

Spoiler
-Acheroraptor V1
-Acheroraptor V2 (2023)
-Adasaurus V1
-Adasaurus V2 (2023)
-Atrociraptor
-Balaur
-Buitreraptor (Wetlands pack)
-Dromaeosaurus (V1 has been reviewed. V2 was a second production run with a slightly modified paint scheme to be more in line with the package art, but probably not worth a second review for)
-Dromaeosaurus FC (honestly I ought to go back to my Dromaeosaurus review, and just do a revision on it to include that one. I took new pictures of both years back I am way behind on adding and updating it with anyways. May be worth hunting down the V2 version to include and update it with)
-Linheraptor
-Microraptor (Forest pack)
-Mononykus (Desert pack)
-Pyroraptor
-Pyroraptor FC
-Saurornitholestes
-Saurornitholestes FC
-Saurornitholestes roadrunner
-Stenonychosaurus/Troodon (Mountain pack)
-Tsaagan
-Velociraptor (red bearded vulture; V1 has been reviewed. V2 was a second production run with a slightly modified paint scheme to be more in line with the package art, but probably not worth a second review for)
-Velociraptor (black juvenile bearded vulture)
-Velociraptor (alpha)
-Velociraptor (blue KS exclusive version; hmm maybe I should do this one?)
-Velociraptor (red)
-Zhenyuanlong
-Zhenyuanlong FC
-Build A Raptor Set A (V1 has been reviewed; V2 is second production run with updated parts)
-Build A Raptor Set B (V2 is second production run with updated parts)
-Nestlings (Amber; I really need to update the images, etc for this one)
-Nestlings (Black)
-Nestlings (Grey)
-Nestlings (White)
-Eastern Pack (Microraptor and Mononykus)
-Western Pack (Buitreraptor and Stenonychosaurus)
[close]
BotM Ceratopsian Series:

Spoiler
-Albertaceratops
-Avaceratops
-Centrosaurus (large green)
-Centrosaurus/Monoclonius (KS exclusive small green)
-Centrosaurus (small brown)
-Chasmosaurus V1
-Chasmosaurus V2 (prototype still in progress)
-Chasmosaurus babies (prototype still in progress)
-Diabloceratops babies
-Diabloceratops (adult)
-Einiosaurus
-Kosmoceratops
-Medusaceratops
-Medusaceratops FC
-Nasutoceratops
-Pachyrhinosaurus
-Pachyrhinosaurus FC
-Pentaceratops
-Protoceratops (1/6)
-Psittacosaurus (1/6)
-Regaliceratops
-Sinoceratops
-Spiclypeus
-Styracosaurus
-Styracosaurus FC (Old Buck)
-Styracosaurus FC (Old Buck Bloody)
-Torosaurus
-Torosaurus FC
-Triceratops (subadult)
-Triceratops (adult)
-Triceratops (Steelhorn green repaint)
-Triceratops babies (prototype still in progress)
-Utahceratops
-Wendiceratops
-Xenoceratops
-Zuniceratops V1
-Zuniceratops V2 (albino, almost out)
-Zuniceratops GitD (green)
-Zuniceratops GitD (orange)
[close]
BotM Tyrannosaur Series:

Spoiler
-Albertosaurus
-Alectrosaurus
-Bistahieversor
-Daspletosaurus
-Dilong
-Dryptosaurus
-Eotyrannus
-Gorgosaurus (still planning to get and review this one)
-Guanlong
-Lythronax
-Moros
-Proceratosaurus
-Qianzhousaurus
-Suskityrannus
-Tarbosaurus
-Teratophoneus
-Tyrannosaurus juvenile
-Tyrannosaurus 1/18 (red standard)
-Tyrannosaurus 1/18 (KS exclusive)
-Tyrannosaurus 1/18 (grey)
-Tyrannosaurus 1/35 (red standard)
-Tyrannosaurus 1/35 (KS exclusive)
-Tyrannosaurus 1/35 (grey)
-Yutyrannus
[close]
Other BotM/BotC:

Spoiler
-Achillobator
-Allosaurus (almost out)
-Deinonychus (almost out)
-Dilophosaurus (almost out)
-Smilodon 1/12 (black, almost out)
-Smilodon 1/18 (not out yet)
-Utahraptor
[close]
Cyberzoic (nothing is out just yet):

Spoiler
-Acrocanthosaurus (prototype still in progress)
-Achillobator
-Allosaurus
-Andrewsarchus (prototype still in progress)
-Arctic Dragon
-Carnotaurus
-Deinonychus
-Dilophosaurus
-Lizard Dragon
-Dryptosaurus
-Pachycephalosaurus (prototype still in progress)
-Stegosaurus (prototype still in progress)
-Smilodon 1/12
-Smilodon 1/12 (Kickstarter exclusive set)
-Utahraptor
-Yutyrannus

There's also all the humans and armors in Cyberzoic but I'm not including them.
[close]
Eons x Creative Beast Prehistoric Elephants (none of these are fully funded yet, but may be worth listing anyways):

Spoiler
-Woolly mammoth adult 1/18
-Woolly mammoth baby 1/18
-Woolly mammoth adult 1/35
-Woolly mammoth Snowy adult and baby 1/18
-Gomphotherium
-Platybelodon
-Moeritherium
[close]

Faelrin

For what it is worth here is everything I own from the line currently. Marked in blue are those that have yet to receive reviews.

Spoiler
Raptor Series:
-Acheroraptor V1
-Buitreraptor (Wetlands pack)
-Dromaeosaurus
-Dromaeosaurus FC
-Microraptor (Forest pack)
-Mononykus (Desert pack)
-Saurornitholestes FC
-Stenonychosaurus/Troodon (Mountain Pack)
-Velociraptor (V1 red bearded vulture)
-Velociraptor 1/18 (red bearded vulture)
-Velociraptor (blue KC exclusive)

-Nestlings (amber)
-Nestlings (white)

Ceratopsian series:
-Centrosaurus (big green)
-Centrosaurus/Monoclonius (KS exclusive small green)
-Diabloceratops adult
-Diabloceratops babies
-Medusaceratops FC
-Pachyrhinosaurus
-Pentaceratops
-Protoceratops 1/6
-Protoceratops andrewsi 1/18
-Psittacosaurus 1/6
-Regaliceratops
-Styracosaurus
-Triceratops subadult
-Triceratops adult
-Zuniceratops V1

Tyrannosaur series:
-Guanlong
-Proceratosaurus
-Tyrannosaurus 1/35 (KS exclusive)
-Yutyrannus
[close]

The only ones I have that have yet to be reviewed are the ceratopsians (and a few raptor repaints) I don't have on hand and are in storage indefinitely or those still on my immediate wishlist (which I'll list below).

-Dilophosaurus (BotM)
-Deinonychus (BotM)
-Gorgosaurus (Tyrannosaur Series)
-Psittacosaurus 1/18
-Utahraptor (BotM)

Also I know, I know, I did say I wanted to hold off asking for anymore reviews with my current backlog, but as I'm hoping to get some of these by the end of the year (Gorgosaurus may need to wait until next year. Honestly I'd rather have my Styracosaurus on hand with it too), they'll be the last on my review list. Though definitely not before the CollectA Koolasuchus and the Mattel backlog (although could always mix up some BotM in between the Mattel Jurassic). Actually at this point I kind of want to dump any other brands reviews off I had planned. Just want to get the Koolasuchus, this year's Mattel (and the 2020 Scutosaurus), and a few BotM.

Has anyone requested interest in either the BotM Deinonychus or Utahraptor yet (rather guest or regulars)? If I had to pick one it would be the Utahraptor of course, but I love them both nearly equally, but I'm also open to seeing if anyone else here wants to do either first. I'm hoping to go to Legions Con again this year (fingers crossed) and picking them up there, but worst case I'll order them off his site or BBTS before the end of the year. Don't know if anyone has requested the Dilophosaurus either (saw nothing in this thread for anyone of these recent figures here. Edit: Except EmperorDinobot above).

I'm still debating on if I want the black Smilodon too, but I kind of prefer the Cyberzoic which I think might not be out until even later in the year, if not next year? Not sure. I know there's been some delays for the armors, and the Arctic Dragon. I'd be open to doing that one too, whenever it comes out and/or I get my hands on it.

The BotM and Cyberzoic Allosaurus figures will need someone to do them as well. I'd like to get them both, but I'm not in a particular rush either, considering the prices.

Edit: I thought this was the reviewers board thread for some reason lol. But I checked and didn't see any of those requested there either.

Also I totally forgot avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon mentioned he could do the adult Diabloceratops (and the Lythronax). So it is really just the babies that need someone do them, and if you want to go for them EmperorDinobot that's all fine with me.

I tried digging through some of the other reivew threads on the board there and seen nothing for these recent releases which I find odd. Like don't tell me me and EmperorDinobot are the only ones planning on getting some of these?

EmperorDinobot

They are kind of expensive, and I'm the *gulp* only one who had the capital and the drive to do them. I have all of the blue ones.

Members here overwhelmingly prefer figures rather than action figures.

I own all the raptors but the v2 Acheroraptor and v2 Adasaurus. I wanna do v2 Acheroraptor as a sort of tribute as my sister narrated the unboxing and review for my defunct YT.

I own all ceratopsians except for:
Old Buck, Old Buck Bloodied (I consider them Rubeosaurus), FC Pachyrhinosaurus, FC Torosaurus (the reason I never posted Torosaurus' review is because I wanna do a bundle with it), Sinoceratops, Utahceratops, Steelhorn and Adult Triceratops. I'll probably get the Albino Zuniceratops for my b-day too.

Tyrants I have Guanlong, Proceratosaurus (both reviewed), Suskityrannus, Quianzhousaurus, Teratophoneus, KS T.rex big, KS. 1/35th WWD T.rex. Everything else is missing. Too much, too much.

I have all accessory sets except Mountains w/ Troodon.

I own black and white chickens. And 1/18 Linheraptor, both Protoceratops, Psittacosaurus (alr. reviewed), and GITD set (I'm set to do that).

I also own Toypizza and GITD Zuniceratops.

If Fembrogon has Lythronax and baby Diabloceratops, avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon on should do them too. All yours!

Regaliceratops is spoken for by someone else. I have pics of side to side w/ JW Regaliceratops and my entire Naboo personnel. That will be up...sometime before the year ends.

Alright dino people, we got work to do. JW Ichthyo (this weekend) and HC Ichtyo will be done before next week ends. Then I'll break for 5 days, do Xeno, then Wendy, and so forth.

I gotta sleep for a little bit. I have to go out today and run some dumb errands.

I don't wanna hog BOTW. Like I said, I have no interest in doing the big ones since I can't access them just yet. But the Dilo...it's coming. On its way.

Faelrin

I know I intended to do the Regaliceratops earlier on, but obviously like the Diabloceratops I can't with it sitting in storage, and inaccessible. Don't know if anyone else has offered up to do that one though from what I've seen. Unlike the adult Diabloceratops that Fembrogon mentioned they could do, I haven't seen anyone mentioned they wanted to do it after I said I can't really get to it a while back. You might be good on that front with that one, but I made an edit to my most recent post in the review board version of this thread.

Hopefully folks chime in. It can't just a few of us planning to do these right?

Pliosaurking

Quote from: Faelrin on September 12, 2024, 04:43:52 PMI know I intended to do the Regaliceratops earlier on, but obviously like the Diabloceratops I can't with it sitting in storage, and inaccessible. Don't know if anyone else has offered up to do that one though from what I've seen. Unlike the adult Diabloceratops that Fembrogon mentioned they could do, I haven't seen anyone mentioned they wanted to do it after I said I can't really get to it a while back. You might be good on that front with that one, but I made an edit to my most recent post in the review board version of this thread.

Hopefully folks chime in. It can't just a few of us planning to do these right?
I certainly wouldn't mind doing the Blue Torosaurus and a couple of the tyrannosaurs, although that's going to be quite some time away, as I'm currently off away for university, until the summer. May be able to get one done over Christmas but no promises.

EmperorDinobot

avatar_Pliosaurking @Pliosaurking I'm handling the Toro lol. The only reason I haven't done it is because I want to get the FC one and do a two-ey. That's literally the only thing holding me back. Even the review is written. Just gotta put it on the blog, do edits, and that's pretty much it. I might end up doing it in December, certainly before the year ends. What other BOTM do you possess? We could do a collab.

Fembrogon

I promise I am still working on reviewing the adult Diabloceratops and Lythronax. I recall avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot and I discussing if one or the other of us wanted to do the nestlings, and I think it came down to whichever of us got to them first.  :))
I, too, have some interest in the Utahraptor, now that I've got it; but I'm not going to request it until I empty more of my review queue. If you think you can get to it first, avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin, I'd say it's yours for the taking.
Likewise, now that I own the Chasmosaurus, I noticed it doesn't seem to be reviewed or claimed yet; but I have a lot of other figures to get to first.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: