You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: docronnie on March 21, 2015, 01:49:54 AM
I have that Expo too. Here's another version:

This one seems to be painted intricately. I just don't know if this is a first or second version or an Expo figure included in the 7pc set.

The plates are not translucent and the thagomizers are painted well. Will try to pry them open. :D

Given the colour scheme--brown with yellow-ish plates, and I would guess the figure in this photo is a Series 2 model.

Raptoress

My new Carnegie feathered dinosaurs arrived! I made an unboxing video. :) My voice sounds weird, but I do have a cold.

https://youtu.be/SsqBgbjM98w

Pachyrhinosaurus

Nice feathered dinosaurs, and nice video!
My recent additions:

[Image Removed]

All the Carnegies (except for the velociraptor- they're my first) are duplicates of ones I already have.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Raptoress

Thanks! :) You have nice additions, too! I've got the Carnegie Amargasaurus coming in the post. Really looking forward to finally seeing it in person.

Tyto_Theropod

Some may call me panicky, but I ordered my most wanted Carnegies - better safe than sorry!

Amargasaurus - Raptoress, I assure you it is quite lovely in person, although not my favourite Carnegie. The colour scheme is really attractive and the paint app on mine is very neat - in fact I'd go so far as to say I prefer it to the stock photo! IMHO it looks a bit pop-eyed, like a toy dog. That could just be me :P

Concavenator: Definitely underrated! Mine can be coaxed out of its tripod pose by standing it on a shelf or something similar with its tail over the edge. The paint app is a bit sloppy, but I fixed most of that (photos to follow in my customs thread...)

Cryolophosaurus: A beautiful model, its only (I think minor) fault being the tripod pose, but it isn't all that obvious. Unfortunately, its feet are too small for it to stand up on its own (even using the shelf method), but that means they're accurate, and it's a lovely skinny thing - I prefer it to the obese CollectAs. I love the colours, and the paint app on mine is very crisp!

Miragaia: Lovely, lovely model all round! Not much I can fault with this figure :)

Velociraptor: Probably one of the most accurate toys of this animal, but it should definitely have more feathers - or rather, it's feathers lie to close to its body  - it looks like it's just been bathed! It's a beautiful figure, but it also frustrates me because they could have done better. This would have been accurate about ten years ago, but our knowledge of Dromaeosaur feather arrangement has improved since then. It might appear from the photos that it's face is naked, but in fact there are feathers sculpted where they should be - in fact the thing that annoys me most is that the paint job, much as I like it, doesn't reflect this. I'm considering getting another just so I can give it a repaint that will bring out the sculpt better (I'd probably muck about with the pose so they weren't identical and extend the wings, too) - what do you guys think? ;)

All in all I'm very pleased with these guys. I'm definitely going to miss Carnegie. :'(
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

docronnie

Quote from: SBell on March 21, 2015, 03:47:49 PM
Quote from: docronnie on March 21, 2015, 01:49:54 AM

Given the colour scheme--brown with yellow-ish plates, and I would guess the figure in this photo is a Series 2 model.

Separated the Stegos and they have different molds and mystery solved: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3190.new#new
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

docronnie

Watched your excellent video Raptoress.  Beautiful Feathered Carnegies.:)

Congrats guys on your new Carnegies!  :)

Mighty King

I got Neera, Bayleene and Kron . The McDonald's Disney Dinosaur Collection is almost complete.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Mighty King on March 23, 2015, 08:09:30 PM
I got Neera, Bayleene and Kron . The McDonald's Disney Dinosaur Collection is almost complete.

Cool. I've only ever seen Bayleene, Bruton and Eema. I didn't know the rest existed.

Mighty King

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 24, 2015, 12:12:43 AM

Cool. I've only ever seen Bayleene, Bruton and Eema. I didn't know the rest existed.

I'm from Argentina and I think these figures were differents than the released figures in USA. There was not a Carnotaurus figure in here, and the Aladar figure is different to the USA collection figure.

docronnie

I have seen those McDonald's Dinosaur movie figures before, but did not add them into my collection anymore, but I have the ones released here in my country.  Most were gifts except for Baylene.

I also have some of the battery operated Disney figures, which are cooler in my opinion.

You're almost near completing the cast, Mighty King, Congrats!  :)

joossa

I jumped on the bandwagon and decided to purchase several Carnegies now that the line has been discontinued. My first order came in today with several hungry meat eaters and a graceful giant.

Brachiosaurus (2012 version)
Spinosaurus
Giganotosaurus
Carnotaurus
Concavenator
Crylophosaurus

I must admit, these models are so much better in person. The many pictures I have seen of them over the years just don't do them justice. The Brachiosaurus surprised me a lot in a good way too. And the Crylophosaurus is very detailed. My only gripe is that the legs look a little too slender and thin on all the theropods.

These two, I think were my favorite from the bunch:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Libraraptor

This time I could not resist buying Schleich Pentaceratops. A real highlight of Schleich. I wonder why they make so many bad figures on the other hand. Either they are pretty decent and even great, or they´re completely messed up. But, sigh, we´ve had this discussion much too often now.

Raptoress

Tyto_Theropod: I received my Carnegie Concavenator, Cryolophosaurus, Amargasaurus and Ankylosaurus yesterday, and was very pleased. They are a lot better in person than in the stock photos!

Joossa: I completely agree with you about the Carnegie models. I almost made the decision to never buy any of them since I originally thought they lacked detail. But since they're being discontinued, I thought I may as well pick a few up for my collection. I was so wrong about the detail. They look absolutely awesome in person and I am so glad I decided to get them. I'm trying to get all the ones I like now. :) By the way, nice Charizard X plushie! I'm a huge Pokemon fan.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Mighty King on March 23, 2015, 08:09:30 PM

Congratulations! What are you missing, the Lemurs?

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 24, 2015, 12:12:43 AM

I'm the same as you, I have those three and the Lemurs, dang it now I have another collection to complete!!

Arul

Waiting for my next carnegie idol right now (after tylosaurus) its on the way to indonesia  :D very happy

Dinomike

Some of my latest additions: Papo Apatosaurus and Scleich Kentro from Everything Dinosaur. And Favorite Styracosaurus I bought from Tyrantqueen painted by our fabulous copper and based by me. The cute lil' Spino is made by Brandem. A wonderful small diorama!

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Roselaar

joossa

I agree, very nice! Great additions, Dinomike.

Quote from: Raptoress on March 24, 2015, 12:27:48 PM
Joossa: I completely agree with you about the Carnegie models. I almost made the decision to never buy any of them since I originally thought they lacked detail. But since they're being discontinued, I thought I may as well pick a few up for my collection. I was so wrong about the detail. They look absolutely awesome in person and I am so glad I decided to get them. I'm trying to get all the ones I like now. :) By the way, nice Charizard X plushie! I'm a huge Pokemon fan.
Yeah, I'm waiting for a few more Carnegie's to come in the mail. Notably the Diplodocus. By the way, I saw your video about the feathered dinos! Very nice!
Thanks... Nice to see another pokemon fan here. I've gotten a ton of Mega Charizard X and Y figures over the last couple months. I'll have to update my Pokemon Shelf thread with new pictures.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

EmperorDinobot

My Recent Acquisitions! I'm proud to present...

Chap Mei T.rex, the excellent Dacentrurus by Dan LoRusso, WWD Gorgon, Patchi, Scowler and mini Hesperonychus, "Azdarchid", Edmontosaurus, "Bulldust", "Scowler", Troodon and Alphadon.

This means that...

My WWD 3d collection is complete! Speaking of which, the mini dinosaurs say "series 1". Is there a series 2? Man I love these dinosaurs. Their SFX are really good, they are highly articulated, really well made!

My Pachyrhinosaurus collection groweth. This means that I probably will not stop and now require the Safari Ltd. Pachyrhinosaurus and the CollectA one. This dinosaur has been chasing me in the last few months.

Dacentrurus photobombs.

PS: I have full sets of WWD 3d dinosaurs at my store!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: