You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on August 11, 2015, 04:59:08 AM
You could open up a little gift shop!    :))

I considered buying these and selling them with a slight markup in our shop, but the 10.00 dinos don't move very well. I'm sitting on a few Carnegie pieces still that haven't moved.

These guys as part of my collection will hopefully go toward a Dinosaur Memorabilia and Art Museum for the Park here at some point.

Sim

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 10, 2015, 10:42:19 PM
I do some modeling and custom work, if interested I could do it pretty easily i think.

Really? Wow..I'll have to get a pic of all of them together tonight! :)

Thanks for the offer, Blade!  How were you thinking of removing the extra tail spikes on the Stego and leaving the area with a finish like on the rest of the figure?  If it's something I might be able to achieve, I might try it myself.

It's nice seeing all the currently available Battat Terra dinosaurs together!

Quote from: Tyrannosauron on August 09, 2015, 05:54:42 AM
Quote from: Shuvuuia on August 08, 2015, 09:58:03 PM
Here's the Carno I was moments from buying before I noticed that his horns left him with this quizzical look. Has anyone else managed to find a Carno? If you have, are the horns uneven like that? Just curious if this is another individual flaw or one spread throughout the remade Battat Carnos.

I still haven't found the Carno myself (but not from lack of trying), but it looks like even the picture on Battat's website has the horns skewed like that (although maybe not to the same degree):

I think ALL Battat Carnotaurus might have horns like the one in your photo Shuvuuia, as I've seen horns like that on MOS Battat Carnotauruses too.  I've seen other photos of the Battat Terra Carnotaurus where the horns are like that too.  I don't have any Battat Carnotaurus at the moment, although I look forward to getting the Battat Terra one!

Shuvuuia

Well I suppose I might as well head back to target and grab that one then. I could always try to straighten it out later. Thanks for the responses guys!

Fembrogon

My nearest Target now has Tyranno & Acro, plus some leftover Pachys. There's also a spot for a "small dinosaur" priced at $5.99. I'll check again in a week or two.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sim on August 11, 2015, 07:46:46 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 10, 2015, 10:42:19 PM
I do some modeling and custom work, if interested I could do it pretty easily i think.

Really? Wow..I'll have to get a pic of all of them together tonight! :)

Thanks for the offer, Blade!  How were you thinking of removing the extra tail spikes on the Stego and leaving the area with a finish like on the rest of the figure?  If it's something I might be able to achieve, I might try it myself.

It's nice seeing all the currently available Battat Terra dinosaurs together!

I was thinking of just slicing the extras off with an exacto and then applying some epoxy and adding a little detail there so it's not flat. Then a tiny bit of paint to touch it up.

Meso-Cenozoic

Past meets present. Might they get along in my collection or will I have to separate them? We shall see. ;)

http://s259.photobucket.com/user/BSistheBest/media/IMG_1896%20copy%20copy2_zpsmavkilz1.jpg.html

http://s259.photobucket.com/user/BSistheBest/media/IMG_1889%20copy%20copy_zpss6cyrgvp.jpg.html

(When you're over in Photobucket, click on the "View image" icon that looks like a magnifying glass for the full-size pic. :) )

EmperorDinobot

I am not terribly happy with the Acrocanthosaurus.

I never had the old one, and I wish I did.

Sim

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 11, 2015, 09:34:20 PM
I was thinking of just slicing the extras off with an exacto and then applying some epoxy and adding a little detail there so it's not flat. Then a tiny bit of paint to touch it up.

That could be a way to do it.  I'll remember that's an option, thanks Blade!

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on August 12, 2015, 06:55:52 AM
Past meets present. Might they get along in my collection or will I have to separate them? We shall see. ;)

(When you're over in Photobucket, click on the "View image" icon that looks like a magnifying glass for the full-size pic. :) )

Thanks for the photos Meso-Cenozoic!  I like the surroundings in your Acrocanthosaurus, Tyrannosaurus and Carnotaurus comparison photos!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sim on August 12, 2015, 03:01:19 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 11, 2015, 09:34:20 PM

That could be a way to do it.  I'll remember that's an option, thanks Blade!

Thanks for the photos Meso-Cenozoic!  I like the surroundings in your Acrocanthosaurus, Tyrannosaurus and Carnotaurus comparison photos!

Not a problem, hope it helps. Should only take a half an hour or so to do. :)

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Sim on August 12, 2015, 03:01:19 PM

Thanks! I've been trying to use that area of my backyard because my tropical plants help block the sun some so it doesn't completely wash them out. 8) Although this time, they seem to be a little on the dark side. I do like this rainforest-like setting, except for the obvious BIG-leaf syndrome. ;) Hehe!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Good to see them together!

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on August 12, 2015, 10:15:57 PM
Thanks! I've been trying to use that area of my backyard because my tropical plants help block the sun some so it doesn't completely wash them out. 8) Although this time, they seem to be a little on the dark side. I do like this rainforest-like setting, except for the obvious BIG-leaf syndrome. ;) Hehe!

Where do you live that you can keep plants like that outside?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

juancho142

I'm from outside the US, any store I can buy these? Specially the carnotaurus! I'd love to get my hands on one of those

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on August 12, 2015, 10:21:21 PM
Good to see them together!

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on August 12, 2015, 10:15:57 PM

Where do you live that you can keep plants like that outside?

I'm in the NYC Metro area in Northeast New Jersey. I definitely have to bring them in before the first frost! They're outside for about 6 months and inside for the other 6. The problem is they really grow a lot each Spring and Summer outside. So, finding room inside each Fall is getting harder and harder. :P

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Here's the Carno I was moments from buying before I noticed that his horns left him with this quizzical look. Has anyone else managed to find a Carno? If you have, are the horns uneven like that? Just curious if this is another individual flaw or one spread throughout the remade Battat Carnos.

I still haven't found the Carno myself (but not from lack of trying), but it looks like even the picture on Battat's website has the horns skewed like that (although maybe not to the same degree):

I have the Carnotaurus, and it's horns are indeed slightly skewed. It wasn't bad enough to be a deal-breaker for me, because hey! 1:40 scale Carnotaurus! Where else are you going to find that? It's still better than the Carnegie model, in my opinion.

Gwangi

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on August 15, 2015, 04:04:49 PM

I have the Carnotaurus, and it's horns are indeed slightly skewed. It wasn't bad enough to be a deal-breaker for me, because hey! 1:40 scale Carnotaurus! Where else are you going to find that? It's still better than the Carnegie model, in my opinion.

Is the Papo 1:40? I feel like it is, or at least close.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gwangi on August 15, 2015, 04:09:25 PM

Yeah, it sure is.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 15, 2015, 04:13:21 PM

Yeah, it sure is.
That's right! I forgot about Papo. My mistake.

Takama

Still no sign of the Amargasaurus, Carnotarus and Ceratosaurus here in Iowa. I called 5 Different targets, and none of them said the have them despite what the Inventory checker website says. getting really irritated at this point, because target made that ALL of the dinosaurs link to one number making it a pain in the @$$ to get a hold of a specific one.  The website may say a target has that UPC, when in reality its just saying it has the first four from last year.

Dont waste you time using that website.

Sim

Hi Dan, if you get to retool the Gallimimus it would be really great if you made its snout longer.  Gallimimus has a really long head!  The Gallimimus Wikipedia page has images that show how its head should look: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallimimus  I've had the Battat Gallimimus since I was a kid and I've always really liked it except for its head and colour scheme.  I find the running pose it's in works well!  If you were to update its snout length and give it feathers it would be so awesome!

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on August 15, 2015, 04:20:31 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on August 15, 2015, 04:13:21 PM

Yeah, it sure is.
That's right! I forgot about Papo. My mistake.

The Papo Carnotaurus might be 1:40 scale in length, but what scale is the width of its snout in?  1:30?  ;)

Takama

What is up with the rarity of these pieces?   I called Every single Store that the website lists in my region and none of them claim to have them, even if the website says it does

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: