News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, October 25, 2014, 11:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loru1588

Believe when I say I will let everyone know the release dates of everything once I am told! I am just as anxious if not moreso than everyone here!! LOL

Sim

I hope you have fun making the new figures Dan!  Plateosaurus is the one I'm most looking forward to seeing out of what was originally going to be Terra series 2.

leidy

Quote from: loru1588 on February 08, 2015, 01:43:47 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on February 08, 2015, 01:17:16 PM
Quote from: loru1588 on February 08, 2015, 01:16:37 PM
Resins were mailed Friday priority mail. Should have them in hand Monday or Tuesday depending on this damn snow!!!

And will you be showing off the new models?  :D
BTW I'm dying to see the Majungasaurus!Really!

Just the Nasutoceratops. Sculpting the Plateosaurus now. Majungasaurus will be next then the Yutyrannus to finish off the 3rd series of 4.

looking forward to seeing those, especially the Plateosaurus.  Quadrupedal or bipedal?  It can look like a very different animal.

There've been a few Plateosaurus toy models over the years, but they all leave something to be desired, IMO.  Of these, I quite like the pose of the old Schleich, which manages to make it look like an animal as comfortable on two legs as four, but the overall sculpt could certainly be bettered.   There's a grouping of Plateosaurus in an incredible full size diorama in the Stuttgart museum.  Ever since I saw that Plateosaurus became cool to me.

Takama

Loru. Will the new theropods have a downward curved tail?   My Crylophosaurus has finally been warped to the point that it will not stand on its own two feet without falling forwards.  I like that you Made the Tail bend downwards as a back up.   

Dinoguy2

Quote from: leidy on February 11, 2015, 11:22:45 PM
Quote from: loru1588 on February 08, 2015, 01:43:47 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on February 08, 2015, 01:17:16 PM
Quote from: loru1588 on February 08, 2015, 01:16:37 PM
Resins were mailed Friday priority mail. Should have them in hand Monday or Tuesday depending on this damn snow!!!

And will you be showing off the new models?  :D
BTW I'm dying to see the Majungasaurus!Really!

Just the Nasutoceratops. Sculpting the Plateosaurus now. Majungasaurus will be next then the Yutyrannus to finish off the 3rd series of 4.

looking forward to seeing those, especially the Plateosaurus.  Quadrupedal or bipedal?  It can look like a very different animal.

There've been a few Plateosaurus toy models over the years, but they all leave something to be desired, IMO.  Of these, I quite like the pose of the old Schleich, which manages to make it look like an animal as comfortable on two legs as four, but the overall sculpt could certainly be bettered.   There's a grouping of Plateosaurus in an incredible full size diorama in the Stuttgart museum.  Ever since I saw that Plateosaurus became cool to me.

Hopefully bipedal, as most recent papers especially the excellent bio mechanical studies by Mallison have proved it could not walk on all fours at all.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Albertosaurus

I wonder if we will see the final sculpt for the Nasutoceratops soon. I remember that there were some blurry pics posted somewhere around here but I canĀ“t find them.

loru1588

Plateosaurus will be as bipedal as I can make it. Will most likely have an arm pointed downward in case it is top heavy. Nasutoceratops resins arrived yesterday. Been at the Drs all day today so haven't had a chance to take a good look at them, but quick once over, they look good. Again, I'll post pics once the resin masters & paint sample are in Battats hand. Most likely a couple of weeks.

Concavenator

Great about the Nasutoceratops.BTW,will the Majungasaurus reflect the new proportions?If so,that's awesome!!

loru1588

Quote from: Concavenator on February 15, 2015, 12:20:14 PM
Great about the Nasutoceratops.BTW,will the Majungasaurus reflect the new proportions?If so,that's awesome!!
I'll be using Scott Hartmans skeletal drawing for reference as well as photos of the skull & skeleton mount. If there is more info, please direct me to it.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: loru1588 on February 16, 2015, 01:19:28 PM
I'll be using Scott Hartmans skeletal drawing for reference as well as photos of the skull & skeleton mount. If there is more info, please direct me to it.

I think Hartman's is the most current version, though I could be wrong. Just be careful with the mounts, many still have the wrong hands based on those of Carnotaurus (Majungasaurus, of course, didn't really have "hands", just little wrist and metacarpal stubs sticking out of the elbow).
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Rathalosaurus

I am so excited about the Majungasaurus!!!!
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Concavenator

Ok,that's it.Thanks.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I use Scott's skeletals for just about every piece I create, I can swear by em'.  I do wish he had time to create other views though, overhead firstly. ;)

Concavenator

Any pics of the Nasutoceratops?We're in March already.
Not that it's a bad thing.

docronnie

Will just wait for the announcement of releases here. TIA! :D
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

KeU

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 16, 2015, 07:28:14 PM
I use Scott's skeletals for just about every piece I create, I can swear by em'.  I do wish he had time to create other views though, overhead firstly. ;)

The overhead ones are really rarely, only when Scott does a detailed study. Like the comparison between the Giganotosaurus and Tyrannosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: KeU on March 15, 2015, 12:13:51 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 16, 2015, 07:28:14 PM

The overhead ones are really rarely, only when Scott does a detailed study. Like the comparison between the Giganotosaurus and Tyrannosaurus.

Yeah Scott said he wished he had more time to do more like those from all angles. I feel the same.  ;)

Dan

Quote from: Concavenator on March 14, 2015, 10:41:02 PM

It's a great sculpt. A bit like the Andrew Sides version (shown below) but with all four feet on the ground.

Concavenator

Quote from: Dan on March 15, 2015, 04:42:47 AM

It's a great sculpt. A bit like the Andrew Sides version (shown below) but with all four feet on the ground.
We already had a sneak peek at thescukpt some time ago.I believe it's now been deleted.Anyways,I hope we get to see colored pics soon.And I'm really excited about the Majungasaurus.

loru1588

Got a bit delayed due to radiation treatments. Should have paint master finished this week. Tomorrow will actually be a sunny day in the high 40's so I'll be inspired!! Broke the all time snow record for a winter in Boston today 108+ inches so far. All the new snow should all be melted by tomorrow.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: