News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA New Spinosaurus (based on most recent information)

Started by Concavenator, November 22, 2014, 04:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: DinoG on January 07, 2015, 10:14:54 PM
Collecta' s year again.....I also wander if other species will be re-thought, take baryonix for example...

Doubtful, at least for Baryonyx we have quite a bit of material for it already. It was once thought to be a quadruped though, as the Invicta model indicates.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: DinoG on January 07, 2015, 10:14:54 PM
Collecta' s year again.....I also wander if other species will be re-thought, take baryonix for example...
I think we have enough fossil material to know that Baryonyx is not odd proportioned.

But yes, many reconstructions deserve to be updated with new stablished findings.

Edit.- Sorry I missed Gwangi's comment. But at least we agree.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Takama

Is it possible that Irritator would have the Proportions of Spinosaurus?

DinoLord

Quote from: Takama on January 07, 2015, 10:56:54 PM
Is it possible that Irritator would have the Proportions of Spinosaurus?

IIRC Angaturama, which is very closely related if not synonymous, is known to have a standardly proportioned femur.

Arul

For me the new discovery make spinosaurus lose the handsomeness. But yeah this is science evidence :) maybe because i collect dinosaur figure just as a toy not much for science...   :) anyway nice move from collecta, hope other companies follow  :D

suspsy

This is why CollectA is my favourite company. I love that they're willing to take speculative risks with their product, whether it's three versions of a quadrupedal Spinosaurus or a fully feathered Tyrannosaurus rex or all those ceratopsids with quills on their backs. And even when it does come back to bite them like it did with Deinocheirus, they still deserve to be commended for the effort.

So.....which of the three versions to get???
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SBell

Quote from: Raptoress on January 07, 2015, 07:40:07 PM
CollectA are making the new Spinosaurus for 2015!

That Anthony! He could have admitted it to me! I wouldn't have said anything!

I like it--it looks goofy compared to what I'm used to, but then, people have adapted since Crystal Palace or Mark-style postures, so why not?

Gryphoceratops

Woah CollectA works fast!  Hats off to them for staying on top of new findings.  I will probably end up getting the big one.  It's amazing how they are going to make two additional spino models in the small size...in different poses.  Really going above and beyond on their part.

Pachyrhinosaurus

That looks pretty good, and I'm not a huge fan of CollectA to begin with. I'll probably repaint it, but I like the crocodile inspiration, almost like the Invicta triceratops. Personally I would have made it a bipedal plantigrade, but I'm glad CollectA is doing new and speculative pieces.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

tanystropheus

Quote from: SBell on January 07, 2015, 11:53:35 PM
Quote from: Raptoress on January 07, 2015, 07:40:07 PM
CollectA are making the new Spinosaurus for 2015!

That Anthony! He could have admitted it to me! I wouldn't have said anything!

I like it--it looks goofy compared to what I'm used to, but then, people have adapted since Crystal Palace or Mark-style postures, so why not?

So, we are expected to re-adapt and revert to the Crystal Palace "look"?  :o 8)

Simon

Battat re-releases notwithstanding, I think most will agree that Collecta has taken the lead among the dino toy companies. 

Following up on their mind-blowing (for a toy) Carcharodontosaurus with this figure is something, isn't it?

Its pretty, gets extra points for daring, accuracy (based on the new findings, which may or may not change with new discoveries) and art as well.

I only wish that they had made it in a swimming position, but I guess that one (though not deluxe) is coming too.

Bravo, Mr. Beeson, bravo!!

John

Seeing how they did with theropods recently including this new Spinosaurus aegyptiacus,I wonder how CollectA would do with say, Ceratosaurus nasicornis? ;D

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Gwangi

Quote from: John on January 08, 2015, 01:44:21 AM
Seeing how they did with theropods recently including this new Spinosaurus aegyptiacus,I wonder how CollectA would do with say, Ceratosaurus nasicornis? ;D

Oh wouldn't that be wonderful? And I'm sure it's only a matter of time! Kind of shocked they haven't made one already. There really aren't enough Ceratosaurus models.

John

Quote from: Gwangi on January 08, 2015, 02:01:48 AM
Quote from: John on January 08, 2015, 01:44:21 AM

Oh wouldn't that be wonderful? And I'm sure it's only a matter of time! Kind of shocked they haven't made one already. There really aren't enough Ceratosaurus models.
I could not agree more! ;D
And you never know just what could turn up in the next year's crop from any given line... :D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

stargatedalek

The spinosaurus looks great. The crocodile textures do take away from it for me however, but not enough that I won't be buying it! ;)

suspsy

It's safe to assume that the swimming Spinosaurus will be mounted on some kind of base. I wonder what kind of design it'll be?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

alexeratops

Wow, this is awesome! And if it isn't cool enough on it's own, its coming in2015! ;D
like a bantha!

alexeratops

like a bantha!

Dinomike

Oh! It's been posted in here already! In any case: Whopeeeee!!!! CollectA is the best! Yay!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Dinomike

This is too awesome! A swimming version as well! An articulated jaw! Beeeaaatiful!!!!! Must have! Must must!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: