News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Australian Age of Dinosaurs from Minizoo

Started by triceratops83, May 12, 2015, 02:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triceratops83

I'm glad they stuck with this colour scheme.

Hopefully if these sell well, the line will continue to expand.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Concavenator

It looks really good,but,honestly,it isn't as good as the prototype photos depicted it to be.Still it's awesome.
I think I would like to get one at some point,but it depends on the price for me.I hope it's affordable.Also,being in Spain,the shipping costs would be big,sadly.  :-\

Pachyrhinosaurus

I can't believe I missed this thread. Is there any word on when these will be available?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sweet! Lots of nice detail there, can't wait to order one!

terrorchicken

joossa

If that's how the mass produced figure will look like more or less, then it's pretty solid as a final product, I'd say. I wonder how much it will retail for?
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

darylj

Gwangi

Oh wow, I'm very excited. Can't wait till this guy gets released!

Roselaar

Oh wow, that is one gorgeous dinosaur! I so hope I can get my hands on at least one of these, it's beautiful. :)

ItsTwentyBelow

That is terrific, exactly the kind of result I was expecting for the mass-produced figure. I will be so happy to add this to my collection! Now, when's the release, and what's the price??

And importantly, how stable is this on two feet? Don't really like how it is not shown standing up in these new pictures...

DinoLord

This looks really nice! Hopefully it stands well. The feet look reasonably sized (a bit smaller than is usual for bipedal theropod figures) but I imagine the degree of toe splay will help compensate for that.

Fluffysaurus

I quote
QuoteHi everyone

Thanks for your patience. Please see attached colour images of Banjo. Some final colour corrections may still be made but you can get a pretty good idea of how Banjo will look. Official photos are still to come. No other new info is available right at this moment but we expect that will flow through pretty soon.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Meso-Cenozoic

Wow, Banjo looks great so far! Maybe they still need to put more detail in the eyes? And I'm not sure I like that black and white graphic design the way it's done on its sides. It looked a bit more natural in the proto. But these are very minor issues with me. Paint can always be adjusted to each collectors' liking. ;)

MiniZoo

Ok.. at last another update. It is a long process but as it's the first model in the series I think it's best that no shortcuts are taken. Direct from AAoD....

"The model is completed and will be
released in a custom-designed box with certificate. It will be Issue 1, of
Series 1. The box will also have its own GS1 barcode and is now in the final
stages of being printed."

Interesting development is that it will be a boxed model ... clearly they are aiming to enhance the collectability of the brand.

joossa

Great to hear about the forward progress on this. From what I have seen, I will very likely be getting Banjo.  :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Sounds good! The boxed package reminds me of Rebor. Not a bad thing, I can imagine a figure like this is easy to break during transport if not protected properly.

Uroplatus

Wonderfull news, i'm looking forward to this one.

Thanks for keeping us informed, MiniZoo. :)

Daspletodave

I noticed that the sharp claws and teeth of the original prototype have been rounded off - but that is to be expected of a toy. Still a great looking model though!

Zhuchengotyrant

-Zhuchengotyrant

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: