News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Australian Age of Dinosaurs from Minizoo

Started by triceratops83, May 12, 2015, 02:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meso-Cenozoic

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

triceratops83

Minizoo sent an update revealing that the model will be 22cm at 1:24 scale.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Sim

Quote from: triceratops83 on May 23, 2015, 12:49:28 PM
Thanks for the sharing this, triceratops83!  I wonder if the figures in this line will be in the same scale?  That would be really nice!  I appreciate it being said what scale the figure is made in.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on May 23, 2015, 02:19:58 PM
Quote from: triceratops83 on May 23, 2015, 12:49:28 PM
Thanks for the sharing this, triceratops83!  I wonder if the figures in this line will be in the same scale?  That would be really nice!  I appreciate it being said what scale the figure is made in.
Part of me would like them to be in the same scale scale, but part of me really would like them to make a Diamantinasaurus, and I don't see them making a 60cm model. Maybe ~1:40 scale would be more manageable for that one. But maybe they'll surprise me!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

stargatedalek

I'm also torn on this, a scale line would be great, but imagine how nice it would be if every figure in the line was a nice size like this.

joossa

Here is the email that was sent out:

QuoteWe've had a fantastic response to the upcoming release of Banjo - the first model in the AAoD Australian dinosaur range.

As promised we will be keeping you updated with all developments leading up to the release of the models. The attached graphic gives a little more detail as well as front & above views:
* scale 1:24
* dimensions in cm
* pattern scheme

We're advised the colour will lean more toward a darker green finish, more in keeping with the camouflage of the environment at the time.

If you know anyone else who would like to be added to our contact list please ask them to email us at [email protected] with the subject line "Interested in Banjo".

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Simon

Dang, that's a nice size - it just remains to be seen how sharp the details will be - if they don't chicken out on the pointy teeth and claws it could be a "10"!

Concavenator

Roselaar

Meso-Cenozoic

I agree with everyone else. If it turns out looking anywhere near those proto-pics, it will be a stunning figure!

Concavenator

It's great.I'm excited not only about it,this is the closest thing to a Megaraptor model we got so far.

Brachiosaurus

Anyone know what scale the Australovenator is?

Halichoeres

sauroid

i just hope they keep all the sharp parts SHARP.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

dutchdinolover

suchomimus

Was there any news of a base to come with it?

triceratops83

Quote from: suchomimus on June 17, 2015, 04:58:35 AM
Was there any news of a base to come with it?

I doubt it will have a base - they didn't mention one.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Blade-of-the-Moon

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: