News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/6 Scale Dimorphodon Male and Female: "Punch" and "Judy"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 11:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Rain on October 03, 2015, 07:08:32 PM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on October 03, 2015, 06:50:29 PM
I think the two together are going to look cool!  Just got to wait and see them fully painted!   ;)

It feels so odd to see your real name in the facebook comments instead of "Viking Spawn". Haha  :P

Shhh.  Hush now.  You'll reveal my secret identity.   :P

Dobber

Quote from: Patrx on October 03, 2015, 08:32:37 PM
Quote from: Dobber on October 03, 2015, 07:56:37 PM
Quote from: ITdactyl on October 03, 2015, 06:59:39 PM
I'll echo Patrx, the fluff is on the conservative side - though I don't find that wrong per se (nor do I fault them [Rebor] for it).  Only thing I'm not a fan of is the skinny neck outline.  I guess I'm too influenced by the more modern Witton illustrations where the heads blend smoothly to the body because of the fluff - just a personal preference (and not a complaint about the figure).  I may be comparing them too much to modern birds.

I'm feeling the same way. I'm starting to think that about a lot of species now too. It's making me think a lot of reconstructions and art are a bit silly, like we are always making pterodons and dinosaurs so skinny for some reason. I also have NO proof they shouldn't be this way either so....

It's all part of the "Soft Dinosaur Revolution!":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJpx1g-BrL8

But perhaps I digress. I think I can safely say that perched Dimorphodon is my favorite REBOR so far :)

That was a really cool video! Thanks for posting that.  :D

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Halichoeres

Quote from: Patrx on October 03, 2015, 08:32:37 PM
But perhaps I digress. I think I can safely say that perched Dimorphodon is my favorite REBOR so far :)

Yep, same here.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoLord

The sculpts are very nice but the finish looks a bit odd in the photos (a bit glossy perhaps?). Hopefully color photos will shed more light.

tanystropheus

I like the fact that both Dimorphodons have articulated jaws. Pterosaurs with articulated jaws are a thing now.

Megalosaurus

I notice sexual dimorphism in the newest pictures. The tail of the female ends in a diamond shape, but not in the male.
Also the male colors seems to have red in the snout (or a dark colour). The male tail has stripes but not the female. Male looks overall darker than the female.
Hope they will be released together.
I'm perfectly fine with this level of picnofibers, don't really need a fluffball pterosaur, althought it will be fun if REBOR make fluffed dimorphodon babies.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

joossa

First post of the topic has been updated and contains all the info. They will be sold separately.

The female looks pretty upset. I like it.  >:D
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

jooooo

Quote from: Megalosaurus on October 04, 2015, 04:26:44 AM
I notice sexual dimorphism in the newest pictures. The tail of the female ends in a diamond shape, but not in the male.
Also the male colors seems to have red in the snout (or a dark colour). The male tail has stripes but not the female. Male looks overall darker than the female.
I'm perfectly fine with this level of picnofibers, don't really need a fluffball pterosaur, althought it will be fun if REBOR make fluffed dimorphodon babies.
The male does have Diamond shape at the end of the tail, look at the other pics on the first post.

Dobber

Quote from: Jonagold2000 on October 04, 2015, 02:37:50 PM
Quote from: Megalosaurus on October 04, 2015, 04:26:44 AM
The male does have Diamond shape at the end of the tail, look at the other pics on the first post.

I was going to point that out too. The tail is probably just at an angle that hides the "diamond" in the new picture
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

stargatedalek

Neck looks a little thin to me, but I'm willing to overlook it. I hope the "lizard" will be removal like the black and white shots show and not affixed to the base.

Halichoeres

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 04, 2015, 05:02:43 PM
Neck looks a little thin to me, but I'm willing to overlook it. I hope the "lizard" will be removal like the black and white shots show and not affixed to the base.

I hope so too! I think it will be, if only because the silhouette shots seem to indicate that the lizard (or what-have-you) is included with the female, while the branch is included with the male.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Takama

Im not a fan of the Support rod for there Female.

If i get one of these, it will be the Male (the one thats on a branch right?)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Takama on October 04, 2015, 05:29:24 PM
Im not a fan of the Support rod for there Female.

If i get one of these, it will be the Male (the one thats on a branch right?)

Do you dislike support rods for pterosaurs in general? I didn't think such a thing was possible. Or do you just dislike this one in particular?

Takama

I only buy for the Animal.   and a Walking Pterosaur displays better then a Flying one off of the rod.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Takama on October 04, 2015, 06:31:07 PM
I only buy for the Animal.   and a Walking Pterosaur displays better then a Flying one off of the rod.

That's funny, I'm just the other way around. I wish all pterosaurs came with rods. Different strokes, I guess!

Patrx

I think the perching pose works a little better for illustrating Dimorphodon, in accordance with the "reluctant flier Dimorphodon" hypothesis.

Quote from: Dobber on October 03, 2015, 10:22:55 PM
Quote from: Patrx on October 03, 2015, 08:32:37 PMIt's all part of the "Soft Dinosaur Revolution!":

That was a really cool video! Thanks for posting that.  :D

No problem. Viva la revolución;D

Victoria's Cantina

They look cool, but not something I'm particularly interested in. I've never been too much a fan of flying reptiles.

And not to be that person, but the way Rebor said in their post of these new photos on Facebook that "We will let our work do the talking" was a little off-putting. If nothing else, they should learn that saying things like that has not done them many favors thus far.

Takama

I posted a few comments about them doing a Living Tenotosaurus, on there facebook and they suddenly Vanished!

I was saying how Tennotosaurus was an awesome animal and how it would be a disgrace to the Genus if they did not make one that was alive.   I Swear i posted those comments yesterday, and now there gone.

Needles to say i simply posted "Nice, now can we get a living one?" on one of there photos. and Screencapped it as evidence.

ITdactyl

Hi Takama, on checking, it's still there.  The picture is in the "Fan's creations" folder in the Rebor page, and it still has your comment.  The probably just re-organized their pics - causing the confusion.

Takama

You mean this one?

Thats the New comment i posted. none of my older ones appear on my Facebook Activity Log.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: