News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2016

Started by tyrantqueen, October 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 15, 2016, 10:29:01 PM
Doesn't Schleich mean "creeping" in German? Can any German speakers confirm this? >:D

Creep, tiptoe, sneak and similar things. Basically movement without drawing in too much attention.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Sim

That Diplocaulus toy with a forked tongue is hilarious!

Some more Diplocaulus figures can be seen here: http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=Diplocaulus

In addition to those, I also know of these Diplocaulus figures:

Geoworld: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4171.0

Tedco Prehistoric Panorama: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2177.0

Fluffysaurus

Hahaha if i had that forked tongue Diplocaulus i would name him hissy hahahah, oh and i loved the other Dippys too! I have Vitali klatts diplo here but would be awesome if they made a high end new replica be it schleich or papo or whatever companie that produces high end paleo beasties. Will get these dippies too.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

SBell

Quote from: Megalosaurus on April 15, 2016, 10:50:46 PM
Quote from: Dinofiel on April 15, 2016, 10:27:23 PM
I hope Schleigggggg will make a Diplocaulus. Why doesnt someone create it! Its fun it has bazang. Its head is shaped like a boomerang. Give it up for dippy!!! Seriously in the need of a Diplocaulus figure

Not "Schleigggggg", but here you are:

Or you may get the Kaiyodo one:

Does anyone have a close up of the new little ammonites?

There's also the COG Prehistoric Panorama one:

But, nope, haven't seen any of the new dino playsets yet.

stoneage

:)  I believe the COG Prehistoric Panorama is the same thing as the Tedco Prehistoric Panorama, which was already mentioned by Sim.

Fluffysaurus

When will the age of dinosaurs set be out
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

DC

I have seen the ammonites, part of the advent set.  I want them.  Schleich makes great accessories. 
You can never have too many dinosaurs

LophoLeeVT

isnt the blue diplocaulus from dino horizons?
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Halichoeres

Quote from: raptor64870 on April 19, 2016, 05:08:44 AM
isnt the blue diplocaulus from dino horizons?

It was made by Cog Ltd, distributed in the US by Tedco, and sold under the names Dino Horizons, Prehistoric Panorama, and probably others. It's pretty confusing, but I think that's about the size of the situation.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Paleona

Has anyone purchased the two set that has Saichania and Giganotosaurus?  I really want that happy little Saichania, but I'd love to see some pics of the real figure!  ^-^

Takama

Quote from: Paleona on June 08, 2016, 09:33:46 PM
Has anyone purchased the two set that has Saichania and Giganotosaurus?  I really want that happy little Saichania, but I'd love to see some pics of the real figure!  ^-^

Dejankins said he will split the sets and sell the models seperatly.

So you can get the Saichania on its own exclusively from him

http://www.dejankins.com/

Paleona

Oh, well, that's good to know.  I would still like to see some real photos of it, though... ^_^;;

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur has just got into the stock the Schleich Dunkleosteus, Barapasaurus and the Herrerasaurus, the Dunkleosteus in particular is most impressive.  You will find all three models in this section:Schleich World of History/First Giants

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Just found those 3 new guys online, there were not even on schleich webside so i was not sure if this was a fake. Before i buy them i need a few vids about them. They look fine, a step in the fight direction again after the fail Dilophosaurus.
So far i wanted only the Dunkleosteus from safari but this one looks also decent.

Silvanusaurus

I'm going to get the Herrerrasaurus at some point, mainly because it's an interesting species, but the figure looks alright as far as Schleich's go. I'm not sure about the Dunkleostus simply because I don't feel like it fits into my collection anywhere, but it does look like the best of the lot.

Nanuqsaurus

I'm suprised Schleich hasn't even updated its own website yet with the new figures for July. ???
All three new prehistoric creatures for July look good, but the only ones I'm definitely getting are Barapasaurus and Dunkleosteus. The herrera looks good too, but from the pictures it seems that it is about the same size as the Schleich Tyrannosaurus, which is really weird.

sauroid

i wouldnt buy a way oversized Herrerasaurus, even if it looked ok-ish, but for sure im getting the Dunk...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Silvanusaurus

It's the large size of it that makes it more appealing to me, but I'm not too concerned about relative scales... or feathers...  :P

tanystropheus

Marine reptiles have always been Schleich's strong point. It shouldn't be difficult for them to surpass Papo's Nessie in 2017.

The Dunk model is exceptional. It even sports articulated jaw.

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Got mine 3 today. I can really recommend the Barapasaurus and the fish, the herrasaurus has some wierd long theets in a block form and a strange eye. But nice skin and a decent pose.
Im most impressed by Barapasaurus its bigger than i thought. I love the detail on the face of the dino and the blue spots on the back. The dunkleostus is nice aswell, bigger than the safari one but both look awesome in detail.
I can add pics if u want.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: