News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2016

Started by Fluffysaurus, October 14, 2015, 03:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on October 18, 2015, 04:38:19 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on October 18, 2015, 03:32:14 PM
I give them leeway with "pterosaur" because they based it on an unnamed species rather than making a generic pterosaur.

The toy was based on an individual that hasn't been named because its skull isn't known.  (See Reply #8 in this thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2821.msg77321#msg77321)  I think it was a silly decision to make a toy of a pterosaur that doesn't have a name or a skull known.  There are similar looking pterosaurs that have a name and their skull known which would therefore have been better choices for a toy.

I think it probably had something to do with the fact that Paul Sereno was associated with that set of expeditions. But you're right, kind of a silly choice.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

Quote from: suspsy on October 19, 2015, 12:26:41 PM
One more day till Everything Dinosaur does the big reveal!

And its on the same day as Jurassic Worlds Home Media Release

LophoLeeVT

uhhh! is that a masaikiasaurus! i wanna get one!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Fluffysaurus

Drums roffling! Bring it on! Its the 20tg :P hooraaay :o
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

alexeratops

*refreshing page over and over*
like a bantha!

Fluffysaurus

My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

Concavenator

Weren't they going to be revealed today?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Concavenator on October 20, 2015, 03:01:26 PM
Weren't they going to be revealed today?
Well, where Safari is headquartered, today has barely begun.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

PaleoMatt

Everything_Dinosaur

Quote from: Takama on October 19, 2015, 11:41:05 PM
Quote from: suspsy on October 19, 2015, 12:26:41 PM
One more day till Everything Dinosaur does the big reveal!

And its on the same day as Jurassic Worlds Home Media Release

We are not able to reveal information on Safari Ltd's 2016 product range today.  We had been  informed that we should be able to, but this information has proved incorrect.  Having prepared a lot of notes and spent most of the day trying to sort out everything out, we will not release information today.  We are so sorry about this, we respect the manufacturer's wishes and will adhere to their policies, although we are not entirely sure what those polices are - trying to get confirmation about what we can talk about and when.  We can only apologise for this.  Since there is a full colour page advert in Prehistoric Times magazine which shows some of the models and changes for 2016 we will confine ourselves to producing a blog article which interprets what this advertisement potentially shows us.

PaleoMatt

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

EarthboundEiniosaurus

The horror! How much longer are we expected to wait again?

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Fluffysaurus

Ooooooh come on, i dont like it sure its their policy. But the dinosaurs are already out.
And the only thing they say is soon or wait a little longer. Wonder why they cant give us a date instead of circling around the tower. The information is already out. Now we must hear their oh heres another hint for friday. Then its better to say nothing at all. They at least could give us the names of the dinosaurs.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

Ikessauro

I'm so disappointed!  :( >:( That's not cool. If there's no information to be released or no permission to release whatever info is available, no point in promissing to tell us. We could have been happier gessing from the PT add alone, but then came the promise of new info today. What is Safari waiting for? We know by now that the models are ready, done. They have names, just tell us the species and we'll be happy once again.

Shonisaurus

It's disappointing. Is an act of brutal sadism that make us.

Everything_Dinosaur

Things may be a little chaotic at the moment with Safari Ltd (that's our opinion at Everything Dinosaur anyway).  We do have a publication date but it seems to be a movable feast at the moment.  After the publication of a full colour, double page spread in PT, it is a little perplexing not to be able to provide a definitive guide.  However, this does not stop us speculating.  So we have blown up the advert (after all, it's in the public domain), and focused on what it can tell us about Safari Ltd's intentions.  We could be wrong, we could right.

Here is our blog article, it's not what we wanted to publish but we welcome the debate: Speculating on the new 2016 models from Safari Ltd

PaleoMatt

ED I would love if the predator was good ol' megalo since I'm british I'm quite fond of this guy!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: