You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Deinonychus Trio: "Cerberus Clan"

Started by joossa, November 05, 2015, 05:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

Hmm, they look a bit static and inagitated in the approach of that Acro behemoth,... and why don't they have these blind eyes? Other than that they are indeed the most accurate dinosaurs Rebor made so far, but not being a big fan of theropods I'll pass on this one and wait till they make a nice (living) Tenontosaurus for that scene ;)

empire3569

Quote from: Lanthanotus on December 09, 2016, 08:33:50 PM
Hmm, they look a bit static and inagitated in the approach of that Acro behemoth,... and why don't they have these blind eyes? Other than that they are indeed the most accurate dinosaurs Rebor made so far, but not being a big fan of theropods I'll pass on this one and wait till they make a nice (living) Tenontosaurus for that scene ;)

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I doubt Rebor will make a living Tenontosaurus... it doesn't really seem to fit their style, as unfortunate as that may be

Derek.McManus

Quote from: empire3569 on December 09, 2016, 08:35:09 PM

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I doubt Rebor will make a living Tenontosaurus... it doesn't really seem to fit their style, as unfortunate as that may be

It would be quite an achievement for a niche model company to create a living dinosaur I think!  :D

Fenestra

Yeah...I think I would have to pass because of space issues.  :))

tanystropheus

Quote from: Victoria B on December 09, 2016, 07:50:36 PM
Looks like they weren't joking about the night vision thing. The eyes are "glowing."

Overall, I'm still in the middle on these. They don't look terrible, but I don't feel as if they look great either.

I think they look really good as a diorama piece, a little bit too good. Accessory diorama pieces are not supposed to be super good, unless it is Sideshow or resin kits.
As a standalone product, they seem fun with their bendy action. I really hope they have no stability issues.
The colors are also nice.
And the wings are far more developed than their Utahraptor efforts.

Verahin

I think it would be even greater if they'd produce a non-theropod model which isn't a baby or a corpse, they're about two years old as a paleo figures company and we still have to see any classic like Triceratops or Stegosaurus, let alone a sauropod.

This little Deinonychus pack has its charme and weaknesses at the same time. I don't know if I like this furry rendition of a dromaeosaurid, the well defined plumage of the Safari Velociraptor makes those Rebors look too less bird-like and therefore less credible.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Derek.McManus on December 09, 2016, 08:39:07 PM
Quote from: empire3569 on December 09, 2016, 08:35:09 PM

It would be quite an achievement for a niche model company to create a living dinosaur I think!  :D

Would creating a living dinosaur hurt or save REBOR's reputation? I think Compies and basal ceratopsians would make good pets.

Shonisaurus

These figures must be acknowledged to be well made.

The only question I ask Rebor is why do only theropod figures except dimorphodon and smaller animals like the dragonfly protolindenia?

Except for breeding of ceratopsid triceratops and stegosaurus thyrophorus, they seem to have mania or hatred for herbivorous dinosaurs when there are fairly good species.

Anyway their deninonychus the best figures of theropod of Rebor, are improving and that is good news.

By the way, when will they be available in the online market?

Takama

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 09, 2016, 09:55:54 PM

The only question I ask Rebor is why do only theropod figures except dimorphodon and smaller animals like the dragonfly protolindenia?

Except for breeding of ceratopsid triceratops and stegosaurus thyrophorus, they seem to have mania or hatred for herbivorous dinosaurs when there are fairly good species.

Anyway their deninonychus the best figures of theropod of Rebor, are improving and that is good news.

Isent it obvious?  There the most Awesome bro company out there. and they think Herbivores are Gay as ****.     At least thats what i assume, given the representatives Childish mentality.

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on December 09, 2016, 10:56:57 PM

Isent it obvious?  There the most Awesome bro company out there. and they think Herbivores are Gay as ****.     At least thats what i assume, given the representatives Childish mentality.

There are mature ways to answer his question without questionable and offensive language. Our experience with that rep happened a couple years ago. Time to move on.

Silvanusaurus

They definitely are improved by the paint on them, but then if you cover a slice of cheese with gravy and call it fresh turkey, it's still just cheese when you eat it.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on December 09, 2016, 11:17:21 PM
They definitely are improved by the paint on them, but then if you cover a slice of cheese with gravy and call it fresh turkey, it's still just cheese when you eat it.

But if the gravy is made from turkey drippings, at least the cheese will taste slightly turkey-esque!  :))

Anyway, yeah, there are still some problems with these, but I honestly find them pretty attractive. I'll probably pick them up.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gwangi

They're Rebor's best effort thus far, even I may pick them up which would be a first for me, we'll see what they end up costing.

joossa

I'm not saying I'm offended because I'm not. However, I'm gay and I think you could have worded your post better while still getting your point across. Best to try and be a bit more tactful when posting language like that in a community made up of diverse individuals.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Takama

Quote from: joossa on December 10, 2016, 03:34:18 AM

I'm not saying I'm offended because I'm not. However, I'm gay and I think you could have worded your post better while still getting your point across. Best to try and be a bit more tactful when posting language like that in a community made up of diverse individuals.

It was not my intention to offend anyone of this forum.   I was just renacting the mind set of an awsome bro. And some do call featherd dinosaurs gay.          Does that make sense

Shadowknight1

Is it just me, or did they put a lot more effort behind this whole diorama set compared with their others?  A 95-99% accurate Acrocanthosaurus(apparently a YMMV figure for whatever reason), a gruesome and neat carcass, and three great looking Deinonychus.  I'm only skipping the carcass due to space issues.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Flaffy

95%-99% for the acro is a bit too high imo. Probably 85%-90% would be fair.

Bucklander

Quote from: Takama on December 10, 2016, 03:59:19 AM

It was not my intention to offend anyone of this forum.   I was just renacting the mind set of an awsome bro. And some do call featherd dinosaurs gay.          Does that make sense

If you're not offended, what's the problem? When I read Takama's comment I didn't interpret the word "gay" as having any reference to homosexuality. Words often have more than one meaning - sometimes opposite meanings ("cleave" can mean to unite or to split).

We talk about people having a black sense of humour. Is that racist?

"Gay" once simply meant merry. Today it also means not only homosexual but, largely due to South Park, (how should I put this?) lacking grit, effeminate (in it's original sense). The several meanings can, but shouldn't be conflated. I have many heterosexual (male) friends who are more effeminate than some of my homosexual (male) friends. From the context of the statement (mocking contemptuousness) it seems obvious that the connotation is of the South Park sense.

Anyway, as Takama himself said in his rely, he wasn't saying this, Rebor had said (or suggested) it.

I'm not trying to upset anyone, but I think we can sometimes be overly sensitive about words. And you may be thinking this is none of my business so why get involved, but Takama has recently been experiencing a difficult time (as he himself stated elsewhere) and was considering withdrawing from the forum. A little consideration can go a long way, and a few stern words can be quite crippling. I think you should cut him some slack.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Bucklander on December 10, 2016, 10:14:53 AM
Quote from: Takama on December 10, 2016, 03:59:19 AM

If you're not offended, what's the problem? When I read Takama's comment I didn't interpret the word "gay" as having any reference to homosexuality. Words often have more than one meaning - sometimes opposite meanings ("cleave" can mean to unite or to split).

We talk about people having a black sense of humour. Is that racist?

"Gay" once simply meant merry. Today it also means not only homosexual but, largely due to South Park, (how should I put this?) lacking grit, effeminate (in it's original sense). The several meanings can, but shouldn't be conflated. I have many heterosexual (male) friends who are more effeminate than some of my homosexual (male) friends. From the context of the statement (mocking contemptuousness) it seems obvious that the connotation is of the South Park sense.

Anyway, as Takama himself said in his rely, he wasn't saying this, Rebor had said (or suggested) it.

I'm not trying to upset anyone, but I think we can sometimes be overly sensitive about words. And you may be thinking this is none of my business so why get involved, but Takama has recently been experiencing a difficult time (as he himself stated elsewhere) and was considering withdrawing from the forum. A little consideration can go a long way, and a few stern words can be quite crippling. I think you should cut him some slack.

For me, that phrase is definitely derogatory - in origin if not always intention.

"If you're not offended, what's the problem?"

Because it implies gayness is a negative trait. I don't want to see the phrase used again on the forum in any context. C:-) Thanks.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on December 10, 2016, 08:06:04 AM
95%-99% for the acro is a bit too high imo. Probably 85%-90% would be fair.
Having two of the boogers and being a big fan of the species, the only things I've noted as inaccurate are the oversized feet(typical in so many dinosaur toys that I barely count it) and the lack of an larger thumb claw.  The "angry eye brows" are obviously fleshy protrusions from the bony crests along the snout, so I don't count that as inaccurate, merely speculative.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: