News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich: New for 2018

Started by Takama, July 31, 2017, 10:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

i guess we somehow overlook Safari's blunted teeth because the figures are very good/excellent in the first place which isnt something we usually say about Schleich's majority of figures.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jose S.M.

Teeth on my Safari T rex are one  row but they aren't blunt, you can see the pointed tips and if I put a little pressure they leave a little mark .

A. fragilis

Tawa and Dinogorgon can go onto the USL.

Halichoeres

Quote from: yutyrannus huali on October 28, 2017, 07:01:44 PM

Quote from: A. fragilis on October 31, 2017, 08:55:10 PM

Well if two completely different people say it, it must be true.

But seriously, typically the USL isn't updated until the figure is actually released, which these two haven't been yet.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

amargasaurus cazaui

Regarding the psittacosaurus, which I am assuming is p. Sibiricus, would it not then also qualify...just asking.....? I know many of the psittacosaurus models out there are .....generic models, but it looks a lot like Schliech has taken great pains to create this particular species...
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

stargatedalek

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on November 01, 2017, 06:40:49 PM
Regarding the psittacosaurus, which I am assuming is p. Sibiricus, would it not then also qualify...just asking.....? I know many of the psittacosaurus models out there are .....generic models, but it looks a lot like Schliech has taken great pains to create this particular species...
Sounds more than fair to me.

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 01, 2017, 03:46:48 PM

But seriously, typically the USL isn't updated until the figure is actually released, which these two haven't been yet.

Agreed. Schleich may still cancel both in exchange for another ugly Rex or Raptor.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on November 01, 2017, 06:40:49 PM

The truth is that this year Schleich has worked hard and has made very good figures among them the psittacosaurus, on the other hand as for the complaints of some members of the forum that the prototypes of the Schleich dinosaurs are better than the original ones in this case has not happened like that. I have the tyrannosaurus rex, carnotaurus and the velociraptor (this model does not convince me) of 2018 and I can assure you that they are equal to those prototypes.

I hope that Schleich's real figures with respect to the prototypes are the same. I am very happy this year with the Schleich brand. They may have changed sculptor their figures as psittacosaurus, oviraptor, tawa and dinogorgon and even triceratops 2018 (I think is the best ceraptosido made by this brand) are great.

Takama

Quote from: Roselaar on November 01, 2017, 07:35:23 PM

Agreed. Schleich may still cancel both in exchange for another ugly Rex or Raptor.

Actully The Dinogorgon and Tawa are confirmed releases, according to STS. they are now alllowed to share those images. as well as the pistaccosaurus and Oviraptor

A. fragilis

Quote from: Takama on November 01, 2017, 07:56:24 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on November 01, 2017, 07:35:23 PM

Actully The Dinogorgon and Tawa are confirmed releases, according to STS. they are now alllowed to share those images. as well as the pistaccosaurus and Oviraptor
Then Roselaar can go edit the USL and add in Tawa and Dinogorgon.

Archosauria

Quote from: sauroid on October 29, 2017, 12:53:31 PM
i agree about the awful blunted teeth. they are just so in "bad taste"/tacky/cheesy and generally ugly. if Papo can make their carnivorous theropods/etc. with sharp teeth i dont see why Schleich can not. thats why the only recent Schleich i buy are non-carnivorous prehistoric figures.

Perhaps Schleich dinosaurs are geared more towards children who could get hurt with sharp teeth, while Papo dinosaurs are geared more towards older people who won't get hurt on them?
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

PliosaurusK89

Is Barnes & Noble selling Schleich figures again? That's what I've heard from a few other people.

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

I quite like the dinogorgon because i am alway's up for attaining obscure species in my collection. I also REALLY love that tawa! (Maybe because i'm biased since it was native to my state?) i'll probably pick those two up. I might pick the oviraptor or the psittacosaurus but as for the carnotaurus t-rex and velociraptor? not so much.
"Imagine if you could travel back in time, to a time long before man"

Shonisaurus

I would like terĂłpodos more resistant to falls and to avoid inopportune breaks, not only in Collecta but in all toy dinosaur companies in general. I am in favor of that they were made of more malleable material like tyrannosaurus rex, and allosaurus 2017 of Mojo or the Kelenken and megacerops of Collecta.

In that the company Schleich makes figures of theropods with non-rigid legs. In that it resembles the virtually extinct series of dinosaurs of Bullyland.

It's just an opinion and I do not want to offend anyone with that.

Takama

Ravonium

The paint job on the Psittacosaurus looks worse than the promo images, especially around the head. And that was one of the figures I had even slight hopes for.

stargatedalek

It's so small, I wish they'd gone all out with it and made it a decent size. At that size it really doesn't have anything going for it the Safari doesn't already do better.

Faelrin

The Triceratops doesn't look too bad, but as typical with Schleich they are behind in the accuracy game. Much better then their older Triceratops figures though. Now that Safari Ltd has a new accurate one, I won't even bother with this one, but I'm sure it'll look nice alongside their Pentaceratops, since the sculpts are similar. The Psittacosaurus seems to be pretty good for the most part. Could be a little better, but it's Schleich, and this looks better then most of their previous models anyways. I'm still hoping the Dinogorgon and Oviraptor turn out nice, if these are anything to go by.

Edit: Strange. The Triceratops seems to be a light tan color here then the deeper brown it was in the promo pics. I wonder if it is just the lighting.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Lanthanotus

Safari's Psittacosaurus was the overal best figure of their lineup in 2017 in my opinion, despite I'd have liked it a bit more bulky like that one. Schleich seems deliver a bit more on that account. The colors don't work for sure, but I think it's a great base for a custom paint job. Size is just right for me, after all it was a comparably small dinosaur and I would not like to have it too off when shown with other figures.

Roselaar

I like them well enough to say Schleich is definitely improving. Don't care for the parrot's eyes, though.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: