News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich: New for 2018

Started by Takama, July 31, 2017, 10:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Quote from: Reptilia on January 11, 2018, 08:45:07 PM
For some reason I thought this version was discontinued in 2017, thanks for the info.

Apparently not. According to STS Forum the following are retired as of 2018:
14527 - Carnotaurus
14530 - Velociraptor Green
14529 - Therizinosaurus
14528 - T-Rex light green
All mini dinosaurs

Anyways, magazine version Carnotaurus is out, although I haven't seen one in stores yet:

The comic as usual does a really bad job to make this figure desirable

Not only gets the Carnotaurus defeated by a Theriznosaurus slashing its arms ( the humans act like those are deep wounds, but they look more like scratches ) but it also breaks off a horn when chasing that kid.

And to add even more insult to that injury, there is a poster, too.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

that Therizinosaurus art looks more like a Theri than any of their figures
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

The same Schleich goes to make a therizinosaurus similar to that of the comic.

I wish Schleich would do a therizinosaurus like the one in the cartoon! It would be great.  :P

Reptilia

That artwork doesn't resemble much a Therizinosaurus to me, sparse feathering aside it looks way too skinny. The head reminds me the old Collecta Deinocheirus model.

sauroid

that's true, but def. much better than their existing Theri figures.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Reptilia

"Freddy" has still some charme in my opinion, although the upcoming Papo Therizinosaurus will make it totally obsolete. Schleich should have done a new sculpt instead of that (uninspired) repaint.

Doug Watson

Anyone know when the Dinogorgon is supposed to be available in North America, I can't see any dates on the Schleich page. Speaking as a collector and not the competition in really bugs me that here in Ottawa everywhere you look you see Schleich but the stock is all the old stuff. Something good like this comes out and I have a feeling I'll have to order it, paying more for just the shipping. I like this because I like the old Raul Martin Inostrancevia, that I resisted copying by the way.

Reptilia

Yes, that's where Schleich definitely got the colour pattern. Still wonder if the Dinogorgon is the third sculpt by Vlad Konstantinov.

PhilSauria

Big fan of Raul Martin's art, especially his Sauropod paintings (see my avatar). Doug, I was able to order the Dinogorgon at a very reasonable price through eBay (iv-toys) with free post from the UK (to Australia). Not sure if they have any left at the moment unfortunately, but until stock reaches your neck of the woods I'd keep an eye on eBay.

tanystropheus

I picked in up the Dinogorgon from US Amazon website for $7.99 two weeks ago. Now, the price is $29.99, but will likely drop again. The prices in Amazon are always in a state of flux.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Doug Watson on January 18, 2018, 08:28:27 PM
Anyone know when the Dinogorgon is supposed to be available in North America, I can't see any dates on the Schleich page. Speaking as a collector and not the competition in really bugs me that here in Ottawa everywhere you look you see Schleich but the stock is all the old stuff. Something good like this comes out and I have a feeling I'll have to order it, paying more for just the shipping. I like this because I like the old Raul Martin Inostrancevia, that I resisted copying by the way.

Dejankins has it in stock, too. I'm not sure about Canadian retailers, though.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Doug Watson

Thank you all for your replies it is obviously out there so I'll check around and see if any of the many local retailers have it.

Takama

New photo of all the Dinosaurs

Taken from there Newsletter that i dont recal signing up for. :-\

sauroid

accurate or not, that Triceratops looks nice. the Tawa's huge feet and the Dinogorgon's dull teeth still bother me (but might still buy them), and the Psittacosaurus and the Oviraptor are sure buys.

Takama

I just Realized that the only one thats not preasent is the Velociraptor

IrritatorRaji

Part of me really wants to buy the Tawa and just try to shorten its toes. It looks really nice but the feet are the only thing stopping me from buying it instantly

Nanuqsaurus

I'm gonna get that Dinogorgon and probably the Oviraptor as well, although that last one really needs a repaint. The Tawa is okay, but the feathering is just too sparse and the feet too big for my tastes. Maybe I'll pick it up if I come across it someday, but right now it's not really on my wanted list.

Faelrin

The Triceratops looks like it would be nice alongside their Pentaceratops. Seems about as big as the Safari Ltd 2018 one, if not a little bit bigger, if that Dinogorgon being about the same size as the Safari Ltd Inostrancevia is anything for me to go off of. Looks like Dejankins has these now, so I hope I can order that Dinogorgon soon.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

PhilSauria

I have the Triceratops, Dinogorgon and Psittaca all on order. due to arrive this week (it the quoted ETAs are accurate), liking the larger size of the Triceratops. I've seen a video review and it seems slightly larger than their previous brown horror. Don't think I'll be clearing space on my shelves for the rest of this new line though.

Shonisaurus

Sincerely except the velociraptor (new version) that is not a good paleoartistic work. All the other figures of Schleich 2018 I like to a greater extent (psittacosaurus, oviraptor, triceratops, dinogorgon), in medium measure (carnotaurus and tyrannosaurus) and a smaller measure tawa.

I am very happy with Schleich 2018 this year and I hope that there may be surprises in the middle of this year with new figures, and hopefully they will remake the prehistoric mammals imitating other companies. Schleich I am going to be frank has potential to spare, it is a great company and can improve year after year if you want like this 2018 has done.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: