News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Thanks everyone. I'm slowly making progress with my backlog of reviews ;D
Yeah, the Neovenator takes some time to get used to the different look for sure. It's really interesting that CollectA redid that one, there are many more from their earlier days that could really use some much needed updates. :D

Duna

Congrats for your review box! You deserve it. :)
Mamenchisaurus is HUGE! I love it. That was in my list from the time I saw it, but now it's a sure. Doedicurus, too. Very nice figures, the rest.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Duna on March 06, 2021, 09:05:32 PM
Congrats for your review box! You deserve it. :)
Mamenchisaurus is HUGE! I love it. That was in my list from the time I saw it, but now it's a sure. Doedicurus, too. Very nice figures, the rest.

Thanks, the mamenchisaurus is a good size figure and really display nicely with the PNSO version 😃

Shonisaurus

Nice dinosaur exhibit. You have a very good collection. I see that there are many DTF members who agree on tastes, when it comes to dinosaur brands.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Mattyonyx on February 25, 2021, 07:08:09 PM

B @Bokisaurus So glad you received a review box!
Just one question: can I share some of the CollectA pictures on Paleo-Nerd? with Credits, obviously.

avatar_Mattyonyx @Mattyonyx sorry I missed this post notification! Sure, you can use the pics if you still need it.
For some reason I never realized it was you on Paleo-Nerd!🤣

Bokisaurus

Finally, the wait is over! And I have to get both version since they turned out to be just affordable enough to get both. Downside is that I spent all of my months budget  :))

Eofauna's Triceratops Sp. is truly a work of art and must be seen in person to really appreciate just how beautifully executed the colors are, especially on the one with blue legs.
Every single promo photo I have seen made the blue color so out of place and I have to admit I was skeptical when I saw it even though I'm a big fan of the color blue ;D

Since I signed up to review these figures, I will save most of my comments and photos for it. If there is one thing thing would want to make sure everyone
take away is that the colors are really very well executed and nothing like the promo pics. The level of details have surpassed their two previous ones and they are great models to start with.
I you can swing it, I really highly recommend getting both version as they really almost are meant to be displayed as a pair. And if you have Wilson V3, this is the triceratops to display with it, they just complement,ent each other very well :)
[]

suspsy

I just ordered the dominant version from ED. I love blue as well, but I just can't bring myself to like that ensemble.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Lovely photography, eagerly awaiting your review (even though I already have the one I want - definitely cannot justify both). I just love the vibrant colours of the cryptic one, and as I said before, you can't really see the legs on mine ahaha
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Duna

I love that you have managed to balance the colors in the camera so it does show the true blue color. In most pictures and in the promo it's not appreciated. It happened the same with the beautiful blue in the neck of the Atlasaurus, I had never imagined it was dark blue until I had the figure in my hands ... :)

ceratopsian

I agree that the promo pictures of this pair really don't do the colours justice.  Much more beautiful in the hand.  The promo photos were too flat and lost all the richness and intensity.

Shonisaurus

Beautiful sculptures of the Eofauna my congratulations on your new acquisitions. The Eofauna brand is doing very well, like the rest of all the toy dinosaur brands, I honestly cannot wait to see new figures from this company, although they come in droplets, the figures are good enough for one to be satisfied with one or two figures a year.As always, you impress us with your beautiful photographs. Thanks!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Bokisaurus on March 06, 2021, 07:54:14 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm slowly making progress with my backlog of reviews ;D

Definitely feeling this.

Beautiful photos as always!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

A few additions from the last couple of weeks.
Amazon had the Pinacosaurus in their warehouse one day with only 1 left so I jumped and got it! Saved me shipping and it got here in 2 days ;D
LOVE this little guy, so beautiful and the colors and paint application is just exquisite! So, too is the Sauropleta! It is my favorite version of it as it looks so alive.
[]

Also snag this green variant of this unknown Kronosaurus - Amazing how much the paint colors does to the same figure. I got and reviewed the black and white version, now seeing this version t he darker paint made me think at first it was difference since it looks like it had more details. The dark colors brought out some more of the details that was hidden by the black and white paint.
Great model and cheap as well ;D
[]

And then we have this set. Now, they are clearly some figures in this set that are knock off of CollectA's small invertebrate figures int he toob. There are larger figures that I really wanted and hav't seen them before or at least original version of them if they are knock off, I was particularly wanting the placoderm, eurypterids,and Ortocone - the other larger ones are from Favorite I believe.
[]

These are the figures I really wanted to get:
[]
They looks like inspired by perhaps smaller figures from Kaiyodo or Colorasta? Anyone know?

Compared to the CollectA large figure
[]

Cheers!

Libraraptor

ceratopsian

Some good catches there! I'm really taken with the Pinacosaurus too - as you say, beautifully painted.

stoneage

I've seen the placoderm before.  Are there any identifying marks on them?

Faelrin

The Paleozoic creatures are based on or bootlegs of the 2017 (or 2018) Colorata Paleozoic set Cameroceras, Cephalaspis, and Acuitramus. I spy an Anomalocaris based on the Favorite Soft Model too. If I recall correctly these were discussed in the knockoff thread as well.

Congrats on all the acquisitions lately though. Lots of good here such as the new PNSO and Eofauna.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Kapitaenosavrvs

QuoteAlso snag this green variant of this unknown Kronosaurus

Interesting. A wanted to order this guy so often now. As long with the Cephalopod you got :-D And a few others.
I never ordered it, because i thought the Head of the darker one looks off. But i don't like the Black n White scheme at all. I think it sthe yellow and comical Eye on the darker one. But know i know that i can order the darker one and just touch up the eyes in black or just not the way it is :-D This helped.

Oh, AliExpress says 30 to 50 Days of delivery for the Cephalopods. Did you have a similar experience?

Duna

Wonderful pictures as always ... and you made me desperately want the Paleozoic set, I've just ordered it from Ebay ...   O:-)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: