News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Well, these guys arrived sooner than expected!
Absolutely amazing figures, but the Yutyrannus takes the cake! So much details and the feather sculpting is just beautiful and  very well done, even the smaller ones like on the face and feet are very well detailed, check out the hands and that little tuft on its chin!
The colors are rich tapestry of various shades or browns, orange, yellow, and gold that are very well blended and seamlessly transition from each one.
I love this figure! Its the most stable of all the bipeds by far and I just adore the dynamic pose of the figure.
[]

And I'm sure you all wanted to see this comparison with Safari version. I have the Rebor version but its in deep storage right now. And of course with the king himself ;D
[]

I can't wait to add the Torbo to the collection of PNSO Tyrannosaurus, its going to be an epic display for sure!

Not to be outdone ;D Mr. Blue Eyes, man those eyes are just gorgeous ! :))
Small but well worth it, I love how unique it is!
[]

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Glad to see the PNSO Yutyrannus is close to scale with the Safari. Looks like it can be on my main display board after all instead of the Safari.

Can you put the Pachycephalosaurus next to the CollectA and newest Safari offering?

Lovely acquisitions and lovely photography as usual
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

ceratopsian

The more I see of the Yutyrannus, the more inclined I feel to get one.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your two new acquisitions. That yutyrannus is one of the best on the market, although I personally like its Safari counterpart better on the other hand, the pachycephalosaurus is by far the best existing on the market from my honest point of view.

Duna

I love that Yutyrannus, I've just ordered mine! It reminds me of a Saint Bernard dog, very good inspiration. Do you plan to review it??

Kapitaenosavrvs

Oh boy, i can't wait for a Review by you.

They look wonderful. Never thought the PNSO Yutyrannus would work that fine next to Safari. That hanging fluff on the Dentary. Lovely Detail.
The Eyes and the Head are the Details that let me think about wanting the Pachy too, but in the End i am not sure. Thanks for showing them and the comparisons.

Sadly, i have to wait until next Month to order them and i will see how that goes with the new Regulations in the EU. I am eagerly waiting for some reports on how much more they end up. I hope this will work somehow. Otherwise this Hobby could find a hefty slowdown and the Stop of affordable PNSOs. Because i am not paying everything for these. ED is great, but the Exchange Rate from Pound to Euro and shipping is... It just is. :D

SRF

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on June 23, 2021, 08:55:17 PM
Oh boy, i can't wait for a Review by you.

They look wonderful. Never thought the PNSO Yutyrannus would work that fine next to Safari. That hanging fluff on the Dentary. Lovely Detail.
The Eyes and the Head are the Details that let me think about wanting the Pachy too, but in the End i am not sure. Thanks for showing them and the comparisons.

Sadly, i have to wait until next Month to order them and i will see how that goes with the new Regulations in the EU. I am eagerly waiting for some reports on how much more they end up. I hope this will work somehow. Otherwise this Hobby could find a hefty slowdown and the Stop of affordable PNSOs. Because i am not paying everything for these. ED is great, but the Exchange Rate from Pound to Euro and shipping is... It just is. :D

Well I'll let you know once I have received my Tarbosaurus, Yutyrannus and Torvosaurus. I've ordered them last week, but this time shipping is taking way longer compared to my last purchases, so I probably won't have them here before July.

Seeing these pictures of the Yutyrannus, I really feel it is my most anticipated figure out of the three. Awesome figure.
But today, I'm just being father

Bokisaurus

Thanks guys, the Yutyrannus is really a beautiful model.
avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian if this was just another scaly theropod I would not be so enthusiastic.
Buts I highly recommend getting it since it's really nice and if anything else, to have a sample of how PNSO does feathers on large theropod. We know what they can do with typical bird like feathers as seen on the microraptor.
The feathers on this one is very much like what you would see on ratites, and they way the shaggy feathering covers the body is amazing since it follows all the body contour and muscles in a very natural way.
The feathering on the head and feet is something else.

avatar_Duna @Duna and avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs - thanks, I'm not signed up to review it, another reviewer is doing it.😃

Halichoeres

You're right that I wanted to see how it compares to the Safari Yutyrannus. Looks like around 1:30, consistent with a lot of their other recent releases. I like the coloration, and the feather sculpting looks really nice.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

triceratops83

The best thing about that Pachycephalosaurus is that it looks like it was based on the skeleton of Stegoceras - most pachycephalosaurus figures just look like a generic Ornithopod body plan.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Bokisaurus

My new Designer Drug: PNSO - costly, beautiful, makes me feel very happy, and hard to resist! ;D
So, these figures decided to all arrive just a few days apart despite being ordered weeks apart ;D I managed to have enough Discover points to cover the cost of one figure, so I ordered the two Tarbo and Torvo from China last month. The Allo and Stego I waited until they were available via Amazon Prime :)

What can I say, I absolutely love these figures and they all look amazing all together.

Tarbosaurus - An absolute impressive beast that has quickly earned its place as one of my favorite theropod figure, its so imposing! It definitely needs a companion - maybe a Therizinosaurus/Deinochirus and Saurolophus in the future.
[]

And the Rex clan - its awesome to have this diversity of Tryrannosaurus all together and in the same style. Before PNSO, one;y CollectA have this much diverse representation.
[]
Makes a nice pair with this CollectA figure

Now Torvosaurus - Another impressive figure! I signed up to review this figure so keeping my comments at a minimum ^-^
[]

Allosaurus - For me. this is the definitive one for my collection, absolutely love the colors.Perfect companion to Torvosaurus.
[]

And Stegosaurus and baby - Another brilliant pair! I'm also signed up to review this figure so I'll save comments as well as photos for that. I would like to say that this is absolutely a beautiful figure that surpasses any other stegosaurus in my collection. It was worth getting it and the addition of the baby is just icing on the cake. ^-^
[]
The Jurassic Icons
[]

Yasss, give me more ;D
[]

Well, I got my fix... for now, although I'm already craving for more ;D
In all seriousness , PNSO have really changed my collecting. I have found myself in a crossroads of what direction I would like to take my collection and collecting. I have been in this point for a few years now. I suppose when you have been collecting for many years that it is inevitable to reach a point where you start to lose that sense of excitement and star wondering what direction to go to maintain such joy.
PNSO has given me that sense of excitement and wonder that I have been looking for in my prehistoric collecting. I have made difficult decision to pack up the majority of my collection and dedicate my limited shelf space to PNSO and a few other favorites and also those figure that could blend it with the PNSO style.

Maybe once I make the decision , I could find the courage to sell off a huge part of my collection, I'm not there yet, but I find myself getting closer and closer to that point.
Anyway, I'm excited to see what other offerings PNSO has in the near future. Happy collecting, cheers!
:)

SidB

I hit that same wall too, B @Bokisaurus , and have gone a similar route. My major display area, which is a big ex- library unit with four adjacent wall shelves has become a massive diorama housing my PNSO collection with selected Papo units of appropriate size and high production values. They look stunning together. All of my 1/20  ish to 1/40 scale Safaris and selected Carnegies have gone into a long diorama that runs just under the ceiling of our condo in a large U- shaped shelf that accommodates a wide array of dinosaurs and plants. Everything else (including the Battats) has gone into storage or has been sold off/ donated. Less is more. I enjoy collecting a lot more again. Simplicity rules!

PhilSauria

I think that the recent releases from PNSO and a few other newer brands has more the than a handful of collectors re-evaluating along these lines, and I'd count myself among them.

Boxed off a lot of older stuff on the weekend, making extra room for the current PNSO figures I have and space for more to come.
Also placing some of my favorites and the handful of high-end models in a more prominent display position.

Quality (and favorites) over quantity for me going forward.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Some things about PNSO annoy me too much for them to ever be my favourite I think. That said you do have a lovely bunch there
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

KeU

What an onslaught of PNSO figures!
It is a great time to be a dino figure collector.
Great pics as usual.
Just got my Allosaurus.
Definitely getting the Torvosaurus in the near future.
I am still torn on the Tarbosaurus. Its giant feet is distracting for me.
Looking forward to your Torvosaurus review.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations for all your new PNSO acquisitions sincerely these figures are super-finished you must have all the PNSO figures, what you have like so many other DTF members are authentic collections of prehistoric animals worthy of exhibiting in a museum as I have already commented in other times, enjoy your collection!

Honestly, the figure that I like the most among all those that you show is the tarbosaurus, it is a finely sculpted figure with a painting that is one of those that I like for prehistoric animals and specifically dinosaurs.

Bokisaurus

Well well, after a very long wait, this one arrived!
GR Toys Carcharodontosaurus finally joined my big bad group ;D Impressive model for sure, it has to be for that price! Haha ;D
I will say tho that it gave me a scare when I first opened it. The mouth was secured by a rubber band around it, and when I tried to open it, it won't open! I tried and tried but stopped for fear that I may break the hinge! It was devastating! But, when I got home that night, I tried again and lo and behold, it opened! Not sure what caused it, maybe the pressure of having been shut for so long, but I'm glad it wasn't permanent.
Unfortunately, my copy is not as stable so that is a huge worry. I had to use one of the PNSO rod to keep it secured.
I have signed up to review this figure, so I will reserve more of my thoughts and pics for that ;D
Cheers!
[]

And this since I'm sure you all are wondering :))
[]
Just remember, this figure COST TWICE as much as the PNSO figure that should give you some context. Unless you are absolutely involve with this color or sculpt (I happen to really love the color), the PNSO has better value $ wish.

SidB

Good that you put the GR into context, pricewise. A lot of evaluations neglect to do this, which is unfair.

Concavenator

Wonderful acquisition, B @Bokisaurus !

Regarding the model, I will say that it's absolutely splendid. I really like it, and as of right now, it's my favorite version of the species available. However, the fact that such a (expensive) figure doesn't come with any stand like PNSO or whatever method to ensure its stability is simply shameful. Yes, it's an amazing figure but why does it need to be that good if it will be constantly falling to the ground because it won't stand? I wish I could contact GR Toys so they could consider changing this as it's a serious matter in my opinion. Safari's theropods don't come with any support stand, and I could understand that, since they are generally affordable figures ( but then, in my case, none of my Safari's theropods are able to stand any longer). But this one costs 80 $ on Dan's Dinosaurs... the very least thing they could have done is ensure this gorgeous model will stand. And before anyone says: "the prototype stands" . Of course they do, every prototype of every figure that's released stands, including every biped. They wouldn't design it that specific way if it didn't stand. But that's not any guarantee that the figure won't suffer bending afterwards due to temperature or other causes. If that happens, well, you're fu****. This time it simply hurts, as it costs that much.

Despite all of this, I genuinely like the model and I want to get it. But I don't have the slightest doubt that it won't stand at some point, so I will try to get more of those PNSO stands to use it for this one. You mention you're using a PNSO rod to keep it secured, but could you say which figure does that rod initially belongs to? That would be helpful for me if I get to finally get it.

And I'm looking forward to the review. The stability issue aside, this one is a masterpiece.

Duna

Quote from: Concavenator on July 21, 2021, 05:59:43 PM
Despite all of this, I genuinely like the model and I want to get it. But I don't have the slightest doubt that it won't stand at some point, so I will try to get more of those PNSO stands to use it for this one. You mention you're using a PNSO rod to keep it secured, but could you say which figure does that rod initially belongs to? That would be helpful for me if I get to finally get it.
I got that figure from Aliexpress and mine didn't come with a rubber around the snout, but mouth closes almost perfectly. And it stands very firmly, as firm as the Eofauna giganotosaurus, which even supports with its chin the tail of the Safari feathered rex so it stops falling over once and again because of warping. I highly recommend the GR Toys over the PNSO. When I bought mine there was only a difference of 10€ between both, so the decision was easily made. The paintwork can't even compare, it's larger and it doesn't need a rod (I just didn't want another PNSO figure with rod).

Congrats on your adquisition, Boki!  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: