News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Duna on March 31, 2021, 09:21:06 PM
Wonderful pictures as always ... and you made me desperately want the Paleozoic set, I've just ordered it from Ebay ...   O:-)

..please, be careful with Colorata Sets on Ebay; they are gashapon and relatively cheap.
The Paleozoic Set is 4180 JapanYen (33 Euro / 38 USD) : https://www.colorata.com/fs/colorata/figurebox_ex1
Colorata doesn't ship internationally and most of Ebay sellers are just scalpers..
And original Colorata' figures are smaller than Aliexpress knock-off.
:)

Duna

Halichoeres

I worry a little bit about future Colorata prehistorics, because I see these knockoff figures on the Internet more than I see the genuine article. That said, the Paleozoic set is almost always on the "most popular" panel on Colorata's web site, and often in the number one spot. It's a very nice set!

I'm also in love with this new PNSO Pinacosaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

Well, time for an update! I have been far behind due to time, but finally got some photos as well as new figures to show ;D

PNSO Parasaurolophus - wow, totally magnificent figure that really commands attention, its outcompeting the first two!
Beautifully executed figure that really brought new and fresh life to this perennial and iconic favorite! It replace the Battat as my favorite version, that's a long reign !
[]
New favorite and old favorite - a good contrast between how this animal was interpreted by various artist.

PNSO Gamba the Carcharodontosaurus - Yay, finally a beautiful model of this overlooked predator! I love the model, its beautifully sculpted and has a nice presence to it. Good thing I never got the Safari version. A really good companion to the Spinosaurus right before it.
[

Some comparison shots with the other top predators and relatives :
[]
[]

And finally Haylee the Helicoprion - Absolutely love this figure! Finally something big sized figure of this animal. The colors are amazing, I can't really capture the iridescent colors, but in person its just beautiful. I really hope PNSO will release one more fish to complete the trio (they seem to do that ), it would be awesome!
[]

Here she is with some of the other famous big fish ;D
[]

With all of these beautiful PNSO model now available faster than I can keep up with, it really started to change my collecting. I found more and more recently that I'm starting to really just focus on more PNSO and other like figures. They may be more expensive, but wow, they do make a stunning display!
I have recently cleared out an entire shelf so I can dedicate it to just PNSO.
My biggest dilemma now is how to handle all the other figures in my collection, which they are now boxed up and stored in the basement due to lack of space. I have been weeding out figures the last few years and still more to go.
This dilemma is also causing me to think about make the hard decision of which collection I can part with, not easy. I know for sure that brands such as Papo, Schleich, Mojo, Safari are all in danger of seriously being culled significantly.
Ah well, well see how it all goes ;D
Cheers!

Concavenator

Congrats for your great new acquisitions! This year's PNSO's lineup is nothing short of historic. Also, I think you are the first person here to get the new Carcharodontosaurus.

SidB

B @Bokisaurus , one advantage of "storage boxes in the basement" is that they buy you time to make up your mind, to get a proper "gut feel" as to what is of enduring importance to you and what you can release. Not necessarily easy to do, so it's good to ease into the process slowly. I've had to give away or sell many, many figures, but the interesting part has been a complete lack of regret over these, so clearly they had ceased to have significant value to me. Simplicity, at least relatively, gives peace of mind.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on June 05, 2021, 12:23:59 AM
Congrats for your great new acquisitions! This year's PNSO's lineup is nothing short of historic. Also, I think you are the first person here to get the new Carcharodontosaurus.
Thanks avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator - I was very surprised that the figures got to me in one week! I was not expecting them till later this month.

suspsy

I did not realize just how big the Helicoprion is.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bokisaurus

Quote from: SidB on June 05, 2021, 02:00:14 AM
B @Bokisaurus , one advantage of "storage boxes in the basement" is that they buy you time to make up your mind, to get a proper "gut feel" as to what is of enduring importance to you and what you can release. Not necessarily easy to do, so it's good to ease into the process slowly. I've had to give away or sell many, many figures, but the interesting part has been a complete lack of regret over these, so clearly they had ceased to have significant value to me. Simplicity, at least relatively, gives peace of mind.
S @SidB - yeah, definitely hard to figure out what to do. As of now, I have separated the complete collection that I would never part with like the Invicta, play vision, wWD toy way, Battat, etc. into one container.
Then I have the old Schleich Replicasaurus from the 90's that I'm very fond of.
CollectA and the old Carnegie are all safe due to sentimental values.
I think one of the hardest one I traded was a complete and perfect set of Starlux prehistoric humans 🤣

I have also been gifting duplicates to other collectors who are searching for them.
PNSO and to some extent GR toys if they continue have been the ones that has really caught my eyes and excitement 😃

Bokisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on June 05, 2021, 04:37:54 AM
I did not realize just how big the Helicoprion is.
avatar_suspsy @suspsy yup, it's a good size figure and I was pleasantly delighted by that.
That's the CollectA Meg in the comparison shot😉

ceratopsian

I just love your second shot of the Parasaurolophus.  He has so much character in it and looks just like a wild animal cautiously investigating a lens that's invaded his familiar area!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Lovely as usual and congrats on these. Thank you very much for all the High Quality Carcharodontosaurus Pictures. I wanted to wait with the Order, until someone from here got InHand Photos. He looks phenomenal to me.

I think Essien 2.0 and Gamba look fantastic next to each other. I also prefer the smaller Size of the Spinosaurus Individual in this Case.

Gwangi

I feel the same way as you with regards to PNSO influencing what I collect. They've really bridged the gap between toys and higher end figures. I'm still going to collect figues from Safari, CollectA, and other companies but with a much more critical eye. And chances are good that if PNSO has a figure of something I won't be interested in versions of them by those other companies. I've got Gamba on the way and it's likely that the Safari and CollectA Carcharodontosaurus won't be in my display cabinet much longer. I face the same dilemma as you, I need to cull my collection and I'm just not sure how I want to go about doing it.

Stegotyranno420

I kind of agree. PNSO is taking the niches of all other "toy" companies like papo, collectA and safari.

B @Bokisaurus also is the black lips on the PNSO Carcharodontosaurus really as prominent as on the photos?

Faelrin

Congrats on the haul. Some real beauties there.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on all your new figures, the helicoprion is much larger than expected. The Gamba carcharodontosaurus is pretty with a flawless and clean paint but smaller than I imagined, it is smaller even than its Eofauna counterpart although that is a giganotosaurus.

The PNSO parasaurolophus is my absolute favorite and the best of its kind so far. Nice photos and I am very glad that you already have your dinosaur figures updated.

PNSO is honestly an aggressive competitor against the figures of other long-time brands as you have already pointed out.

Halichoeres

Great haul. I'm most excited about the Helicoprion, even though it's probably the least accurate of these.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 06, 2021, 01:34:59 AM
I kind of agree. PNSO is taking the niches of all other "toy" companies like papo, collectA and safari.

B @Bokisaurus also is the black lips on the PNSO Carcharodontosaurus really as prominent as on the photos?
avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420  the lips is black, but not as black as the photo shows, somehow the lighting is making it darker than it is.
The photo with the box comes close to what it looks like in person.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Gwangi on June 06, 2021, 12:01:19 AM
I feel the same way as you with regards to PNSO influencing what I collect. They've really bridged the gap between toys and higher end figures. I'm still going to collect figues from Safari, CollectA, and other companies but with a much more critical eye. And chances are good that if PNSO has a figure of something I won't be interested in versions of them by those other companies. I've got Gamba on the way and it's likely that the Safari and CollectA Carcharodontosaurus won't be in my display cabinet much longer. I face the same dilemma as you, I need to cull my collection and I'm just not sure how I want to go about doing it.

Yup avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi - it's a difficult dilemma especially having taken years to build up the collection! But in the end, something has to be done🤣
With my limited space, like you I have been replacing other models on display with PNSO since they really make an impressive display and most figures from other brands looks out of places mixed in with them.
I have only 5 of my Battats out, my favorites, others are all in storage.
When I started culling the collection, I started with those that I amassed during my "collect everything "phase that didn't have sentimental value. That's why I only have very little JP and Chap Mae figure now.
With that done, it's down to the hardest part.

The Zoo Boy

Beautiful figures! PNSO has really been putting out superior quality figures to almost everyone else out there. I just might have to get all three.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: