You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Thank you avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren. That is exactly what I needed to know. In photos the paint scheme rather lacks variety and looks quite flat and that was what was giving me pause. Good to hear there are actually subtle variations.

Carnoking

I couldn't find just the general BoTM ceratopsian thread, and if I'm being honest it's not like I scoured the forum trying to find it for hours on end, but I did want to spread the word that Dan's currently has the einiosaurus on pre-order for 10 dollars off.

https://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/einiosaurus-by-beasts-of-the-mesozoic/

Giganotosaurus

Hi all! I ordered my first ceratopsian, the Nasutoceratops (I also ordered my first raptors, Velociraptor and Pyroraptor), and I am planning on ordering the Sinoceratops and adult Triceratops when they arrive. I notice that on Minizoo, they have a listing for a sub adult Triceratops? (plus the juvenile). I thought there was only one "younger" version of the Triceratops in the works? A mistake I guess?
(nvm, seems like a mistake)
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Blade-of-the-Moon

Since Series 2 is supposed to be coming in..March?  I went ahead and preordered the Centrosaurus , Pachyrhinosaurus and Wendiceratops.

Giganotosaurus

I couldn't resist, I ordered the Styracosaurus.  Even though I had decided to only buy dinosaurs that were in the Jurassic Park movies for this series, I remembered the Styracosaurus was in my beloved Disney Dinosaur movie. Loophole!
Also, I plan on pre-ordering the Pachy for the same reason. :)
(Although I notice I do not see any pre orders up on the official site)

Also, I did not know that David is going to release 1/18 raptors! I am going to have to get those also!
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Blade-of-the-Moon

Eocarcharia

Is there an advantage to pre-ordering Wave 2/3 now versus ordering them from Creative Beast's website once released?

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Eocarcharia on January 30, 2021, 06:36:50 PM
Is there an advantage to pre-ordering Wave 2/3 now versus ordering them from Creative Beast's website once released?

They're slightly cheaper if you pre-order them. Looks like you save somewhere between $5 and $10 on the pre-order, depending on the figure.
Check out my customs thread!

Carnoking

Got my second one yesterday. The first was the psittacosaurus, and whereas I quite enjoyed that one, it didn't exactly win me over. So I decided to order the Zuniceratops since it was the cheapest one available and see if I wanted to continue with the line. I haven't been able to stop playing with this thing! I love it so much that I'm planning to pre-order half of wave 2 then start saving up for wave 3!

Dinoxels

Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Dusty Wren on January 30, 2021, 07:02:28 PM
They're slightly cheaper if you pre-order them. Looks like you save somewhere between $5 and $10 on the pre-order, depending on the figure.

True, but you also get points when ordering on their website. It seems like the amount you would save with that is more than the pre-order discount, provided you make another purchase in the future.

CarnotaurusKing

Ordered the Chasmosaurus from Dan's Dinosaurs, last week. Also preordered the GITD Zuniceratops and Kosmoceratops (although I am planning to buy a few more, in due time).

Flaffy

Protoceratops hellenikorhinus!
Going to be a separate figure, sold separately. Uses the same body type as P. andrewsi.
Hopefully this means that Psittacosaurus will be getting a similar treatment?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Eocarcharia on February 02, 2021, 12:37:49 AM
Quote from: Dusty Wren on January 30, 2021, 07:02:28 PM

True, but you also get points when ordering on their website. It seems like the amount you would save with that is more than the pre-order discount, provided you make another purchase in the future.

I'd like to see something showing how much the points save you vs preordering if possible?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'm glad to see the Protoceratops species that almost noone acknowledges getting a figure at last. I think I will get both of these "1:18" Protoceratops figures. As long as the "1:18 raptors" are released at a similar time I will sell of the 1:6 Protoceratops and Velociraptor figures for these.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Faelrin

I'm still utterly blown away at how much detail is packed on these despite how small they are. I am also very glad to see an under represented species of Protoceratops done for once as well, though as avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy said hopefully Psittacosaurus gets the same treatment. I wouldn't mind also seeing a T. prorsus too. I also wonder if this would also open the doors to some of the smaller species that were scrapped early on. Here's hoping anyways.

I am also wondering what coloration this will have.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 11, 2021, 06:02:21 PM
I'd like to see something showing how much the points save you vs preordering if possible?

From what I can tell/have experienced from ordering before, you get 1 point for every dollar spent, and 10 points saves 1 dollar. Essentially, 10% of an order you make becomes the discount you can get on a future order. For example, the adult Triceratops, being $140 normally, would give 14 dollars in points-discounts, but the preorder price is only $10 off. Or, a $50 dino would give a $5 discount vs the $1 preorder discount. So in theory, you save more money, just on a future order instead of a current one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Eocarcharia on February 11, 2021, 11:06:23 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 11, 2021, 06:02:21 PM

From what I can tell/have experienced from ordering before, you get 1 point for every dollar spent, and 10 points saves 1 dollar. Essentially, 10% of an order you make becomes the discount you can get on a future order. For example, the adult Triceratops, being $140 normally, would give 14 dollars in points-discounts, but the preorder price is only $10 off. Or, a $50 dino would give a $5 discount vs the $1 preorder discount. So in theory, you save more money, just on a future order instead of a current one.

I'm reminded of how Sideshow works their point system.  i'm pretty sure David also does the odd sale as well. I think it roughly works out the same if you preorder through backerkit or get 10% off seems like.

Halichoeres

That's a good looking figure.

Quote from: Faelrin on February 11, 2021, 11:04:06 PM
I also wonder if this would also open the doors to some of the smaller species that were scrapped early on. Here's hoping anyways.

I'd like to think so, but this one just entails a new head, right? You'd need more ingredients for Udanoceratops or Graciliceratops. But I'm sure they have a better chance at this scale than at 1:6, because the molds would be so much smaller.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: