News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thialfi

Quote from: Callophrys on February 20, 2021, 11:14:45 AM
Quote from: Thialfi on February 20, 2021, 12:40:15 AM
I believe starting from next week (could be wrong on this one) there will be a sort of Indiegogo campaign for international buyers interested in the irritator. Be sure to keep checking YVYs Instagram @yvy_figures

Thanks for that info! I certainly hope you're right as that Irritator is a beautiful figure.
Absolutely! I have been looking to get one myself, so I will keep an eye out as well!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna My congratulations on all your acquisitions. Honestly I am interested in a UKRD tyrannosaurus, brontosaurus, brachiosaurus and triceratops I am missing from my collection. On the other hand I would like to find a new UKRD protoceratops as the one I have has a break in its beak. Where to find them?

Thialfi

avatar_Duna @Duna wow, now here is a trip down memory lane. I owned both of these UKRD sets when I was young. I loved them. They had something unique to them, the style and the paint job. They weren't overly expensive but the paint was a lot better than your standard cheap figure. The sat comfortably in the mid range, and for some reason I was the only person I knew who owned them - I believe my local zoo sold them, so with every visit I would save up money to pick up one or two.

Amazing to see them all together again after 30 years, congratulations on your acquisitions!

Duna

Quote from: Thialfi on February 20, 2021, 10:19:15 PM
avatar_Duna @Duna wow, now here is a trip down memory lane. I owned both of these UKRD sets when I was young. I loved them. They had something unique to them, the style and the paint job. They weren't overly expensive but the paint was a lot better than your standard cheap figure. The sat comfortably in the mid range, and for some reason I was the only person I knew who owned them - I believe my local zoo sold them, so with every visit I would save up money to pick up one or two.

Amazing to see them all together again after 30 years, congratulations on your acquisitions!
Nice to hear you had played with all of them! I think they made the best toys, they were large and the paint was very resistant. They are getting quite scarce nowadays, specially the 1991 and 1992 series, you find them here and there. I think 1993 both collections were more widely distributed thanks to their small size and the boom of Jurassic Park.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 20, 2021, 09:53:27 PM
avatar_Duna @Duna My congratulations on all your acquisitions. Honestly I am interested in a UKRD tyrannosaurus, brontosaurus, brachiosaurus and triceratops I am missing from my collection. On the other hand I would like to find a new UKRD protoceratops as the one I have has a break in its beak. Where to find them?
I'll send you a PM.

JohannesB

[see next]

JohannesB

Quote from: Duna on February 14, 2021, 05:23:10 PM
Quote from: Failed archaeologist on February 14, 2021, 12:58:26 PM
I got this cute little (20,5 cm) chinasaur ("S.H. MADE IN CHINA") as a gift (I think it is rather nice for what it is), but I did not like the colors (purple and grey), so I painted it myself. I have no idea how old this toy is, like, say, five years old or decades old...
I love your repainting, it looks perfect on it and makes the figure safer. Because it's from the first years of the 80s, so it's indeed very old. I don't know the brand, but the circular seam and the dark purple colour is unmistakable.

Thanks for the info :-)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Duna on February 21, 2021, 11:23:17 AM
Quote from: Thialfi on February 20, 2021, 10:19:15 PM

Nice to hear you had played with all of them! I think they made the best toys, they were large and the paint was very resistant. They are getting quite scarce nowadays, specially the 1991 and 1992 series, you find them here and there. I think 1993 both collections were more widely distributed thanks to their small size and the boom of Jurassic Park.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 20, 2021, 09:53:27 PM
I'll send you a PM.

Thanks Duna I am interested in those UKRD figures since for me it is a "thorn" that I have nailed in my soul for more than 30 years.

Concavenator

I visited my local store the other day, I was looking for the Papo Gorgosaurus specifically, but it wasn't available. However, I found something a lot better...the Papo Pentaceratops! From the instant I saw it in person I knew that if the Gorgosaurus was available and both were standing in front of me, I would choose the Penta. I was IMPRESSED. Turns out I ended up getting it. When I got home, I took a closer look at the figure and I couldn't stop saying WOW for 5 minutes straight. In person, this figure impresses.

Certainly, I had seen pics and reviews of it before, and thought it looked nice, but in person it truly is a sight to behold. I inmediately remembered a post by avatar_Sarapaurolophus @Sarapaurolophus where she said it is a masterpiece and I finally understand why. However, it's not all positives though. As expected from Papo, they don't care about accuracy, but it bugs me that they didn't at least get the hands and the feet right. Like, go all out with your crazy and impossible poses (I know it has 2 poses, but the more "reasonable" one seems very exaggerated as well) but at least get the basic anatomy right  :P Still, I'm very glad with the purchase, it's now my favorite Papo figure in my collection. I was surprised when I hold it for the first time, it actually hurts  ;D because of all the little spikes and horns.

Like I said I also stumbled upon the Safari Pteranodon and may very well return one of these days to get it. Always glad to support local bussinesses, specially during this time.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator My congratulations on your new acquisition. Honestly, Papo's gorgosaurus is a very well accomplished, sculpted and painted figure of a tyrannosauroid that is not the tyrannosaurus rex. Most of the toy dinosaur figures not only the gorgosaurus look much better physically than seeing them in photos or videos.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Ikessauro on February 18, 2021, 05:03:00 PM
It's been a while since I posted here. Here's a bunch of things from Safari, PNSO, Dino Hazard, Mattel, Mojo that I got in the last couple of months. And a single Godzilla figure, I ended up getting for someone else and our deal it didn't work out, so he's mine now  ;D

Edit: the Dilophosaurus in the second pic is a one of a kind sculpture I comissioned from a Brazilian artist.

Finally found the Safari Incredible Creatures Gila Monster

what a wonderful haul of very nice acquisitions.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Kotori_Sonoda

Country finally got the Mcdonalds Jurassic World promo, with 4 toys. I got 2 today, the T-Rex and the Indominus.
I'll try to snag the Trike and Bumpy at a later date.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

MLMjp

Wished I could post something else than JW figures but Im too focused in collecting other things and I only get JW stuff because you cant be sure that it will be available for a long time...

Anyway, Delta arrived today, a month after the original arrival date. Both amazon and I thought that the package had been lost...But thankfully that wasn't the case. I also managed to get the Postosuchus for a "decent price". And I finally have an Albertosaurus, even though I would have preferred one of the previous versions because of the colors. UNFORTUNATELY...

It has a mold defect, its missing a claw :'( Not sure if I should try to give it one or leave it as a "battle damage".

Halichoeres

Ooh, really envious of the Dino Hazard figure...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp I like the battle damage idea. Almost reminds me of Stumpy from Dinosaur Revolution. Probably a rare defect too I would think?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

MLMjp

Quote from: Faelrin on February 22, 2021, 08:33:28 PM
avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp I like the battle damage idea. Almost reminds me of Stumpy from Dinosaur Revolution. Probably a rare defect too I would think?
Yeah, I checked images and videos of other Albertosaurus and all of them had the claw.

Carnoking

Nanmu should have sent a poet with this one...

Shonisaurus

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking My congratulations for your new figure of Nanmu that giganotosaurus is very beautiful, honestly those photographs are to "open your mouth" I understand that it is on par with the genius of its counterpart Tyrannosaurus Rex of the same brand.

For my part, I already received from Brett all the main news of Favorite through the global shipping system.

My impression of these figures is excellent as are the totality of Favorite soft model figures. I really like the carnotaurus with its touches of blue paint and its exotic sculptural shape with those unique horns compared to other brands of toy dinosaurs.

On the other hand, his pachycephalosaurus is a great figure, his touches of blue paint make him unique in my collection and the same I say about the diplodocus. I have to say that blue is my favorite.

Regarding his iguanodon, the sculpture is very beautiful but I don't like the expression of the face or rather the sculpture of the head. It is for me the weak figure of the group.

The tarbosaurus is one of my favorites from this Favorite 2020 series that green color contrasts with the predominant blue color in this year's group.

On the other hand, the quetzalcoatlus is for me the pterosaur figure made by Favorite, the best made to date, far surpasses in realism its pteranondon counterpart.

On the other hand, Favorite's diplodocus is of a unique beauty with those predominant bluish tones in most of the dinosaurs of this year.

It has been an outstanding year for Favorite and I hope that this year with the final resolution of the coronavirus they will launch new figures. Honestly, sooner or later that Japanese company will pleasantly surprise me.

Concavenator

Like I said I would, I returned to my local store and finally got the Safari Pteranodon, and it's stunning. Until now, I only had 3 pterosaurs in my collection: Papo's Pteranodon, Schleich's 2009 Quetzalcoatlus and Safari's Tapejara. They're all dated in some way, so it's nice to finally have an accurate pterosaur in my collection.

Not to mention that I'm honored to have in my collection a Pteranodon sculpted by the same sculptor who made those gorgeous life sized Pteranodon models at the Canadian Museum of Nature  ;)

All in all, I'm very happy with this month's acquisitions. I also got the Papo Pentaceratops and both of these are just gorgeous.

Kotori_Sonoda

Well, he turns into a dinosaur skeleton...

This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Concavenator on February 21, 2021, 06:39:21 PM
Certainly, I had seen pics and reviews of it before, and thought it looked nice, but in person it truly is a sight to behold. I inmediately remembered a post by avatar_Sarapaurolophus @Sarapaurolophus where she said it is a masterpiece and I finally understand why. However, it's not all positives though. As expected from Papo, they don't care about accuracy, but it bugs me that they didn't at least get the hands and the feet right.

You remembered something I don't remember myself :)) But I am still super happy with my Pentaceratops, it's a nice and dramatic figure. Totally agree with you, it's in many ways a fantasy dino. But it steals the show.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: