News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarapaurolophus

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs What's that little baby Longneck? Is it a toob figure of sorts? It's so cuuute.

Wallnut

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on April 09, 2021, 07:52:49 PM
avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs What's that little baby Longneck? Is it a toob figure of sorts? It's so cuuute.

I think thats safari ltd the good luck minis apatosaurus.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on April 09, 2021, 07:52:49 PM

I think avatar_Wallnut @Triton TR is right. And its way smaller, than the Tubeguys. And soft and wiggl.

Thank you, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus :) Oh yes, its a quite big Figure from CollectA. Maybe i am wrong, but as far as i know, CollectA are from Hong Kong :)

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Congrats! He's on my List. What a Beauty. The real Figure looks better, than the Boxart. I like it this way.

BlueKrono

What is the mosasaur in that picture, and the cool swimmers behind it?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Fembrogon on April 07, 2021, 12:10:36 AM
A whole lot of goodies arrived at my door today.

Great haul! My favorite fact about the Carnegie Mammoth is that they accidentally put the Wild Safari mammoth on the tag  ;D
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Fembrogon

Yeah, I was noticing that and thinking, "Huh, what's with that?"  :))

Quote from: Duna on April 07, 2021, 09:54:03 PM
Congratulations avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon ! When you had enough please continue to have a look for me, please ...  ;D I've just started collecting Marx but I don't have your luck ...
*chuckle* Honestly, avatar_Duna @Duna, it's all a matter of time and chance so far - namely, taking the time to scour listings for an hour or more, and the chance of spotting something that matches what I'm looking for.
What I've REALLY been trying to find are some Sinclair Dinoland figures, but so far I've had little success. The Marx toys are a great consolation prize, though.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on April 09, 2021, 10:35:17 PM
Maybe i am wrong, but as far as i know, CollectA are from Hong Kong :)

As far as I know CollectA are from the U.K. :-\ .

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 10, 2021, 12:27:29 AM
What is the mosasaur in that picture, and the cool swimmers behind it?

The mosasaur (Tylosaurus) is a customized version from Safari's Prehistoric Sealife toob.
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8488.msg264094#msg264094

The cool swimmers behind it are a customized Wild Safari Tylosaurus and a self-made Elasmosaurus by Kapitaenosavrvs
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8488.msg272178#msg272178

Halichoeres

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 11, 2021, 07:18:00 AM

Only Anthony Beeson as a consultant. But they're headquartered in Hong Kong. Safari brought a lawsuit against them a few years ago in part for representing themselves as a European brand: https://lrus.wolterskluwer.com/news/antitrust-law-daily/default-judgment-vacated-in-false-advertising-case-against-hong-kong-company/22786/
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

postsaurischian

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 11, 2021, 08:15:19 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on April 11, 2021, 07:18:00 AM

Only Anthony Beeson as a consultant. But they're headquartered in Hong Kong. Safari brought a lawsuit against them a few years ago in part for representing themselves as a European brand: https://lrus.wolterskluwer.com/news/antitrust-law-daily/default-judgment-vacated-in-false-advertising-case-against-hong-kong-company/22786/

:o  Oh! Thank you for this info. I didn't know about this lawsuit.
  A British consultant, a German sculptor - there is at least a strong European connection. But what the hey?
  For my tastes Safari was getting carried away a bit here. It clearly shows how much they stand in awe of CollectA as a competitor.
  Brilliant companies like those two should rather join forces in these times.
  But that's just another thing mankind will never understand ....... and probably a subject for another thread :-[ .

Shonisaurus

My newest acquisition, the weaponized triceratops from Safari. It is a joy of figure! Now I only have to buy the baryonyx and the armed tyrannosaurus in the Store of the Museum of Natural Sciences I pass you the link and the photos.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/0yG7PDv

postsaurischian

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 11, 2021, 04:00:28 PM
My newest acquisition, the weaponized triceratops from Safari. It is a joy of figure! Now I only have to buy the baryonyx and the armed tyrannosaurus in the Store of the Museum of Natural Sciences I pass you the link and the photos.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/0yG7PDv

Ha! Photo quality is quickly getting better. You see - it's easy :D .
avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, when will you start your collection thread :) ?

Duna

Congrats avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus for the new pictures and the Safari armoured triceratops. It looks very nice. It reminds me a mix of Papo triceratops with a Dinoriders. The "metal" armor looks almost real.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian I will start my collection thread soon, time to time. Bear in mind that I am a "newcomer" in these subjects, on the other hand I am preparing for examinations and I am reading many books, medicine, literature, history, art, biology, paleontology. I try to take care of my multiple illnesses with gentle exercise protocols. Well anyway I'm very busy ... Thank you for your kind words. On the other hand, forgive my disorder in relation to my house. Keep in mind that I am a single person in my case who goes to "his ball" and I recognize that the house should be better organized and cared for.  :)

avatar_Duna @Duna Thank you for your kind words as always, I cleaned the glass of the mobile phone with water and a damp cloth as a co-worker told me "that he is like my older brother" being much younger than me is like an angel of the guard.  :)
The truth is that this triceratops reminds me a lot of science fiction works by Dinotopia.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx I'm glad you like it I'll take other pictures next with the armed tyrannosaurus from Safari and the paraceratherium from itoy that is one of my favorite mammals. I hope they work out on my mobile phone. I plan to buy this figure next Thursday or perhaps Saturday or Sunday, depending on my budget. I have to have common sense now in this life so as not to waste money. You have to be cautious in my case. I will pass to my collection photographs of each of my figures, but time to time now I am unfortunately busy but I want to collaborate for good in this forum whose members like you are my second family and my friends. :)

Eocarcharia

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Nice Triceratops figure! It's great to see you're able to post photos now. I look forward to seeing the rest of your collection whenever you are able to share it.

I recently got this guy in the mail. I will have a more comprehensive post about it in my collection thread later.

Faelrin

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Glad to see that phone you were given a bit ago has been able to help. It is so exciting seeing you posting pics of your acquisitions now. I look forward to more. Congrats on picking up that Triceratops figure as well. It certainly does capture those Dinotopia or Dino-Riders vibes well.

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia That is an interesting looking ceratopsian figure. I look forward to learning more about it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 11, 2021, 05:24:30 PM
avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian I will start my collection thread soon, time to time. Bear in mind that I am a "newcomer" in these subjects, on the other hand I am preparing for examinations and I am reading many books, medicine, literature, history, art, biology, paleontology. I try to take care of my multiple illnesses with gentle exercise protocols. Well anyway I'm very busy ... Thank you for your kind words. On the other hand, forgive my disorder in relation to my house. Keep in mind that I am a single person in my case who goes to "his ball" and I recognize that the house should be better organized and cared for.  :)

avatar_Duna @Duna Thank you for your kind words as always, I cleaned the glass of the mobile phone with water and a damp cloth as a co-worker told me "that he is like my older brother" being much younger than me is like an angel of the guard.  :)
The truth is that this triceratops reminds me a lot of science fiction works by Dinotopia.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx I'm glad you like it I'll take other pictures next with the armed tyrannosaurus from Safari and the paraceratherium from itoy that is one of my favorite mammals. I hope they work out on my mobile phone. I plan to buy this figure next Thursday or perhaps Saturday or Sunday, depending on my budget. I have to have common sense now in this life so as not to waste money. You have to be cautious in my case. I will pass to my collection photographs of each of my figures, but time to time now I am unfortunately busy but I want to collaborate for good in this forum whose members like you are my second family and my friends. :)
Very, very glad to see that you've "taken the plunge", avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus , and will start to post images of your acquisitions -you have a lot to contribute in this aspect, what with your great collection.

Halichoeres

Yes, looking forward to finally seeing your collection, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia Thank you for your words. I owe the phone to a cousin of mine who is my guardian angel who was scandalized that I did not have a more or less modern cell phone. His wife and cousin of mine said that he had to enter the 21st century at once that he could not live in that medieval way and my cousin gave me a few days ago that great mobile phone that is an old one of his and whose information he deleted so that I could have it. It is a second-hand category mobile phone. Now I can send pictures. On the other hand, I congratulate you on that new ceratopsid. Articulated dinosaurs are always great.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Thank you for your words. I could have picked up today also the armored tyrannosaurus and the baryonyx from Safari 2021. Unfortunately in the Shop of the Museum of Natural Sciences of my province they still do not have the spinosaurus and daspletosaurus (this last figure the most coveted in my collection) from Safari but As I am being prudent and above all humble and realistic with my budget, I prefer to buy every day from the Store whose figures have a figure for me every week. Next week it will be the safari armored tyrannosaurus and the last week of April it will be the baryonyx. I love fantastic dinosaurs like this one made by Safari and it fills me with great satisfaction, in this way in addition to collecting I am helping one of the largest quality dinosaur companies in the Western world whose economic situation after the Covid-19 pandemic is not precisely very buoyant.

S @SidB  avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres  Thank you for your words, yes indeed I have a very cool collection but do not expect that my photographs are of the outstanding and exquisite quality of other members of the forum, such as Robin, Bokisaurus or you Halichoeres, or rather of most of the forum members. But it fills me with great satisfaction to contribute with my grain of sand images of my figures to the best forum of toy dinosaurs in the world.

ceratopsian

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus - it's great to see photos from you. I look forward to more!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: