News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2020 Hopes and Dreams

Started by Night Maw, September 30, 2018, 11:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

A shonisaurus would be a very desirable figure for me, especially when it is my favorite prehistoric reptile and my hallmark. A scientific shonisaurus based on the latest scientific discoveries would be great.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Takama on June 30, 2019, 05:26:03 PM
I really REALLY Want Someone to make an Modern Day Heterodontosaurus.

If any company can pull it off Correctly, it would most likly be Safari.
Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 01, 2019, 10:22:17 AM
A shonisaurus would be a very desirable figure for me, especially when it is my favorite prehistoric reptile and my hallmark. A scientific shonisaurus based on the latest scientific discoveries would be great.
Quote from: Jose S.M. on June 30, 2019, 03:03:40 PM
My biggest dream right now is an Edmontosaurus in 1:35 scale to go with the other big ones from Hell Creek. And another would be a 1:35-1:40 ish Camptosaurus to go with the Allo and Stego. More dromeosaurs would be very welcome too.
Several great suggestions
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Dinoguy2

Probably low probability, but I'd love to see them tackle a Sharovipteryx. Also I'm not sure many companies have tackled ctenochasmatoid pterosaurs. A Pterodaustro or Ctenochasma, Cycnorhamphus or even Aerodactylus would be incredible.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Pachyrhinosaurus

Seeing as the first 2020 releases have been revealed, I'll have my go:

Eusthenopteron
Basilosaurus cetoides
Megaloceros
Edaphosaurus
Centrosaurus or Spinops
Gorgosaurus
An updated and to-scale anatosaurus or edmontosaurus
Rutiodon
Moa
Anomalocaris
Wanneria or olenellus
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Halichoeres

While this isn't my wish list (which would have a lot of fishes and a lot of Paleozoic and Triassic animals), these are my predictions:

a therizinosaur, maybe Alxasaurus or Erlikosaurus
Gallimimus
Stygimoloch
Corythosaurus
Plateosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Paraceratherium
Estemmenosuchus
Mosasaurus
Ichthyosaurus
Pterodactylus
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 30, 2019, 04:12:21 PM
While this isn't my wish list (which would have a lot of fishes and a lot of Paleozoic and Triassic animals), these are my predictions:

a therizinosaur, maybe Alxasaurus or Erlikosaurus
Gallimimus
Stygimoloch
Corythosaurus
Plateosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Paraceratherium
Estemmenosuchus
Mosasaurus
Ichthyosaurus
Pterodactylus

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Hopefully your predictions come true a paraceratherium, and estemmenosuchus of Safari would be great sculpted by Doug Watson or another paleoartist belonging to the Safari brand.

Jose S.M.

A new Dilophosaurus would be very welcome! There's a lack of accurate Dilo figures that needs to be resolved and I'm sure Safari would do justice to it. Gallimimus despite being JP famous also lacks representation outside JP licensed products so that would be great too.

Primeval12

I need a Diictodon. From anyone at this point tbh

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Jose S.M. on July 30, 2019, 04:39:06 PM
A new Dilophosaurus would be very welcome! There's a lack of accurate Dilo figures that needs to be resolved and I'm sure Safari would do justice to it. Gallimimus despite being JP famous also lacks representation outside JP licensed products so that would be great too.

There is a very good gallimimus (from my point of view) by Battat although that figure is a bit difficult to find today since it has been discontinued many years ago.

triceratops83

I've convinced myself that we're getting an Edmontosaurus annectens so much so that I gave in and bought the feathered T rex, Triceratops and Ankylosaurus in anticipation of this fact - to the point that I'll be sorely disappointed if it doesn't happen. An Alamosaurus the year after couldn't hurt, either...
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Flaffy

If last year was any indication, we should be getting teases by this weekend... hopefully.

suspsy

My biggest hope and dream right now is for Safari to start revealing their 2020 prehistoric assortment soon! It was a real disappointment that they didn't do so at SDCC, not even a single toy.

I may have mentioned this here a long time ago, but I'd love to see some small sauropods. I passed on the Camarasaurus because it would have taken up too much space on my shelf (I'd probably cave in for an Alamosaurus, though). I want to see Brachytrachelopan, Dicraeosaurus, Europasaurus, or Saltasaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Jose S.M.

I haven't thought about it but small sauropods are great choices and Safari has a good tracking with their Shunosaurus (tiny but very nice) and Malawisaurus. Since they seem to be revamping former Carnegie collection members Saltasaurus is a possibility.

Takama

Quote from: Jose S.M. on July 31, 2019, 02:15:50 PM
I haven't thought about it but small sauropods are great choices and Safari has a good tracking with their Shunosaurus (tiny but very nice) and Malawisaurus. Since they seem to be revamping former Carnegie collection members Saltasaurus is a possibility.

IF only they make the Small Sauropods SMALL!!!!!

Sereiusly. there Amargasaurus is listed as one of the smallest sauropods on there website at 33 feet when its the biggest figure in the entire line. .

Meanwhile, there Malawisaurus is Dwarfed by it, and it grew up to 52 feet ::)

https://store.safariltd.com/collections/wild-safari-prehistoric-world/products/amargasaurus

Jose S.M.

Yeah I didn't like that dissonance in the scale between the Malawi and Amarga, mostly since they were released the same year. They would have made a nice duo if they were the same scale.

Takama

Quote from: Jose S.M. on July 31, 2019, 10:40:53 PM
Yeah I didn't like that dissonance in the scale between the Malawi and Amarga, mostly since they were released the same year. They would have made a nice duo if they were the same scale.

IF there sizes were Swapped, i would be less critical.    I get that there was a demand for BIGGER MORE DETAILED models. But i would like some consistancy to an extant.

suspsy

Yeah, I still don't understand Safari's reasoning behind making the Amargasaurus so damned huge. If they wanted to release a big sauropod toy, then why couldn't they have gone with an actual big sauropod?

Ah well, it made the decision to pass on that toy a very quick and easy one!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Honestly I really like the Amargasaurus of Safari with its real size I am not a fan of the scales precisely, but I would have liked a Malawisaurus of Safari (the best figure of 2018) of the same size as the amargasaurus especially considering that a very rare sauropod in the collecting market. I don't know another malawisaurus apart from Safari.

I sincerely prefer sauropods and prosauropods, whether small or large at the same size. I don't mind seeing a large brachiosaurus next to an agustinia of the same size.

I like that small dinosaurs have an acceptable size, it matters in my case more the size that they are made sincerely on scales.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sauropelta on December 14, 2018, 01:36:05 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 02, 2018, 12:09:09 AM
It would be a great achievement for Safari to edit a figure of thylacine because it would serve to educate the new generations (children) about how catastrophic the hand of man can be in relation to climate change and the most important thing to alert humans are the main ones guilty that thousands of species have become extinct.

But didn't it go extinct because of competition from dogs/dingos and overhunting? I don't see how it can be used to promote climate change. "The absolute extinction is attributed to competition from Aboriginal Australians and invasive dingoes." from a wiki page.

Aboriginals ARE the people.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Ravonium

Quote from: TheRealSpinoRex on August 18, 2019, 04:25:56 PM
Quote from: Sauropelta on December 14, 2018, 01:36:05 AM
But didn't it go extinct because of competition from dogs/dingos and overhunting? I don't see how it can be used to promote climate change. "The absolute extinction is attributed to competition from Aboriginal Australians and invasive dingoes." from a wiki page.

Aboriginals ARE the people.

I don't think that was what he/she was talking about... (they didn't imply anywhere that Shonisaurus was wrong about the thylacine's extinction being manmade)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: