News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2020 Hopes and Dreams

Started by Night Maw, September 30, 2018, 11:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Although very little is known, it would be interesting to have a bajadasaurus by Safari taking into account the success that amargasaurus has for collectors and even children.

Ceratopsianking

For 2020 I would like to see
.Edmontosaurus(scale to the Rex and Trike)
.Gallimimus
.Deinonychus
.Albertosaurus
.Tarchia
.plateosaurus
.Torvosaurus
.Alamosaurus
.Crytoclidus
.Desmatosuchus
.Placerias

suspsy

I'll reiterate my desire for Utahraptor. Alternatively, Utahceratops or Udanoceratops. Any or all of those three would wonderful. And plus I'd finally get to review a dinosaur starting with the letter U. ^-^

Falcarius, Judiceratops, and Zuul would also be most welcome!

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Jorge Mario

Hello friends, every year I make my wish list for dinosaur safari ltd and always of those that I mention 3 or 4 come true, which I leave here my wish list:
BARYONYX
TUOJIANGOSAURUS
MIRAGIA
EDMONTOSAURUS
CORYTHOSAURUS
BONTOSAURUS
BRACHIOSAURUS
MAMENCHISAURUS
MAJUNGASAURUS
ACROCANTHOSAURUS
UTHARAPTOR
PROTOCERATOPS
CHASMOSAURUS
TOROSAURUS
SINOCERATOPS
CENTROSAURUS
ALBERTOSAURUS
ALAMOSAURUS
THERIZINOSAURUS
CONCAVENATOR
PACHYCEPHALOSAURUS
SALTASAURUS
LAMBEOSAURUS
KOSMOCERATOPS
MEGATHERIUM
RUGOPS
PLATEOSAURUS

Concavenator

I think it's just a matter of time until we see Safari's Borealopelta  ^-^

Ceratopsianking

I'd also love to see a Magyarosaurus this year, its very underrated and
It's such a unique sauropod and I'd bet Safari would do a good job with this one

Shonisaurus

A caiuajara or a guidraco by Safari that made competition to their counterparts of other brands such as Collecta and PNSO (guidraco) or Collecta (caiuajara) and with medium sizes such as the pteranodon of Safari 2019 would be two good additions to this beautiful brand of figures of collection and toys at the same time.

Ceratosaurus blogspot

Well, we should consider that we have about 90 days to see them start to launch  their new models.
I have no idea what we are going to be given, but I am crossing my fingers to see a Centrosaurus, Cryolophosaurus, Deltadromeus, Corythosaurus (or Maiasaura) and (why not) Tyrannotitan!

That is my wish list for Safari 2020.  ;D

Shonisaurus

Although I have previously referred to a deltadromeos, mapusaurus, ichythiosaurus, a protoceratops (the Cretaceous sheep) and tylosaurus would be great.

On the other hand, a paraceratherium! It is one of the great prehistoric ungulates mammals less represented in the toy market and in the collectible figures. Also a palorchestes, toxodon or a teleoceras (another ungulate poorly represented in the toy market) and a megaloceratos, bramatherium or a sivatherium.

A concavenator, pelecanimus and a turiasaurus to compete with the Safari malawisaurus of 2018. It would be great.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I haven't finished giving out the reasons why for every animal in my mega-wish-list-type-thing, but it's taking months as it is for something that's not really important any by the time I'm finished, Safari Ltd will have already announced their 2020 releases, so I thought it best, to just post it now. If anyone wants to discuss any of the later animals in this list, please do.

Deinonychus – Sufficiently different from Velociraptor (plus colours could easily be different), a nice accurate Deinonychus would be a welcome addition, and a beautiful figure. In need of an update since there aren't any accurate Deinonychus figures. Also this is a childhood favourite of mine.
Protoceratops – This one would ideally be to scale with the Velociraptor so they can be displayed together (or if too big, to scale with the Citipati). Another dinosaur in need of a nice accurate up to date sculpt, and also not a Ceratopsid to those who are tired of them.
Dsungaripterus – Partly just because it was one of the first pterosaur names to come into my head, but I think it is quite an interesting and unusual looking pterosaur and not exactly common on the market.
Mamenchisaurus – Despite being (to my knowledge) the sauropod with the largest neck to body ratio, which makes it a very unusual looking animal. Aside from an expensive resin model, there aren't any truly nice sculpts of this animal, and it's another childhood favourite. NOTE THIS WAS WRITTEN BEFORE THE PNSO MAMENCHISAURUS APPEARED
Tanystropheus – I'm not sure how accurate the Carnegie one is, but it would be nice to have an in-production model of this very unusual animal.
Ichthyosaurus – The most well-known Ichthyosaur just because they usually release more well-known animals, and an updated Ichthyosaurus makes sense.
Borealopelta – Whilst CollectA have come out with a beautiful one to be released soon, I wouldn't mind seeing another of this remarkable find.
Yi – This wonderful little dinosaur is in need of more figures. A relatively decent sized (probably similar in size to the Psittacosaurus) figure, it would make for a very striking figure. Any Scansoriopterygid would do, but since there is contention as to whether Epidexipteryx had wings (I think it did), Yi qi is selected to be safe.
Compsognathus – Another popular animal selected, a nice feathered version (similar integument to the Coelophysis I assume) would help, and it would be nice to have a nice new updated figure of Compsognathus, since, despite appearing on Jurassic Park, it doesn't seem to have much representation in the figure market.
Tsintaosaurus – Hadrosaurs are beautiful animals and a Tsintaosaurus with an updated (and not lewd) crest would be a real treat, though I understand the crest shape is still not certain. It would be nice to see an update.
Albertosaurus – Any Tyrannosaurid that is not Tyrannosaurus would be welcome for me, and an Albertosaurus (being probably the second best known) depicted in an up to date fashion with a mixture of feathers and scales and at a decent (but not massive) size would be a great addition.

Desmatosuchus – There just aren't enough figures of Aetosaurs in general, and since Desmatosuchus is probably the best known among the public (which is to say not very well-known at all), it seems a good candidate to me. Hopefully it would sell better than the tiny Scutosaurus or the Inostrancevia figures and not end up OOP'd.
Baryonyx – Whilst CollectA has recently offered up a beautiful depiction of this genus (and Favorite but that's not a mass-market product), Baryonyx is an animal that I wouldn't mind having multiple decent figures of given how interesting-looking it is.
Udanoceratops – This little fellow (or rather this cow-sized fellow), has become my favourite Ceratopsian, mostly just for being a non-Ceratopsid Ceratopsian (Leptoceratopsid I believe) which is of comparable size to Ceratopsids. It's very interesting looking and I think it could make for an interesting-looking figure, and it would be nice for the genus to get more exposure.
Pachycephalosaurus – Basically a classic dinosaur for Safar to update, it would be good to get a decent figure of it. Not much else to add. Ideally a similar size to Anzu, maybe a little smaller.
Dilophosaurus – Another classic (though only thanks to JP) that needs to be, and probably will be anyway, updated. I really, really want a feathered Dilophosaurus, similar in texture to the Safari Ltd Coelophysis.
Saurornithoides – Troodontids as a general rule are often overlooked, it would be nice to have an accurate Troodontid, and I know that someone here likes this one in particular, it is one of the best known Troodontids in terms of remains.
Azhdarcho – Preferably in a standing pose, it would be nice to have Azhdarco itself, rather than another Quetzalcoatlus. Alternatively, an accurate Hatzegopteryx in a standing pose showing off its short fluffy neck and stuffy build.
Massospondylus – As the second most well-known non-sauropod sauropodomorph, it is about time that Massospondylus got a decent figure. (For that matter, as I've discussed before it's about time any bipedal non-sauropod sauropodomorph got a decent figure).
Rebbachisaurus – As you may have noticed, I like to have figures of the family namers. Whilst we do have a couple of Nigersaurus, there aren't any decent figures of Rebbachisaurus. On the other hand, Safari likes to make figures of animals known from better remains, so maybe a different Rebbachisaurid would be better.

Chasmosaurus – One of the classic Ceratopsids and also one I fondly remember from my childhood (I remember how I used to pronounce the 'h' for years before realising it was silent), and yet these days, once a company has done a Triceratops, a Styracosaurus, another Triceratops... then they tend to focus on some of the newer discoveries like Diabloceratops. This leaves other classics left out, and I think it's time someone did a Chasmosaurus.
Armadillosuchus – This has to be one of the most visually distinctive crocodylomorphs, with its mammal-like features especially the armadillo of course. It is I believe known from decent enough remains too. It would make for a great figure in a diverse prehistoric collection.
Chalicotherium – One of my favourite prehistoric mammals, possibly my overall favourite, the long arms held like gorilla, the long claws like a sloth, the horse-like head, I like their who family, a whole group of unusual odd-toed ungulates that unfortunately never made it into the present day. I would probably also be fine with an Anisodon instead, as it is similar enough. Mr Watson has shown that he can do some great mammals, and I'd love this one.
Shantungosaurus – As the largest (or possibly second largest if 'Big Paul' [Magnapaulia] was actually bigger) Hadrosaur, Shantungosaurus is deserving of a a) more attention and b) a truly beautiful figure and Safari Ltd making one would do both.
Teratornis – Prehistoric flying birds don't seem to get made into figures too often, probably because they generally look similar to modern counterparts, but as such a large bird, perhaps it could be done justice?
Redondasaurus – Whilst Favorite Co. has done a wonderful depiction of this phytosaur, it would be nice to see a more commercially widely available depiction. I believe it is sufficiently well known in the fossil department to be a possibility, and I think, given the feathery nature of many therapods, carnivorous non-dinosauriform archosaurs are likely to get more popular.
Moschops – I can't think if a good figure of Moschops, and I think Safari Ltd could be the company to give us one at last, it is suitably different from anything else in their line-up. I do worry that it wouldn't be a great seller, but I think it does have enough of a following to be worth a risk.
Leptictidium – Given its fairly prominent appearance in BBC's Walking with Beasts, I was initially surprised that there was so little Leptictidium in the market. Small mammals can make for nice figures and I think it would be nice for Safari Ltd to deliver one as Mr Watson has shown he can do great mammals.
Arizonasaurus – With the retirement of the Bullyland figure, a new figure if Arizonasaurus would be great. Whilst a casual may mistake it for a Dimetrodon (or Spinosaurus), I believe it sufficiently distinct, not to mention you can't have too many sailed animals.
Cryolophosaurus – Cryolophosaurus makes sense given it was in the now retired Carnegie line and it would make sense that Safari would want to make a new one (so should CollectA at some point). I also strongly support the idea of a feathered Cryolophosaurus this time, I really want a feathered one, in the style of the Coelophysis. It's about time for feathered to become the new norm. And as much as I prefer closed mouth therapods, I think to help sales it may be better to have an opened mouth if feathers are to be there.

Edmontosaurus – Either species of Edmontosaurus would be a great choice for Safari Ltd. to make especially with their undersized one now retired. An E. annectens to scale with the Tyrannosaurus rex, Triceratops and Ankylosaurus would nicely complete the set of the largest Hell Creek dinosaurs. On the other hand, an E. regalis with its beautiful soft tissue cock's comb crest would be a great addition to the Safari line up.
Eustreptospondylus – I don't recall any decent figures of this dinosaur either, despite its appearance in Walking with Dinosaurs and having a fun to pronounce name. Admittedly it was unceremoniously killed by an oversized magical Liopleurodon. A nice British dinosaur that I want to see get more attention.
Gallimimus – This genus getting a decent figure is long overdue. A nice accurate one with feathers and everything, not that slimy JP monstrosity.
Utahraptor – Given the discovery that Utahraptor had rather different proportions from other dromaeosaurs, you'd think this would be a great opportunity for a unique figure.
Koreaceratops
Mononykus
Brachytrachelopan
Camptosaurus
Quetzalcoatlus
Attenborosaurus

Tuojiangosaurus
Repenomamus
Eryops
Sinosauropteryx
Torvosaurus
Ornitholestes
Darwinopterus
Simosuchus
Eotyrannus

Guidraco
Anurognathus
Nothronychus
Barosaurus
Halszkaraptor
Cotylorhynchus
Barosaurus
Arctodus
Tyrannotitan
Gigantspinosaurus

Basilosaurus
Batrachotomus
Sivatherium
Brontosaurus
Centrosaurus
Zhuchengtyrannus
Mymoorapelta
Concavenator
Sordes
Kulindadromeus
Brachychampsa
Brachylophosaurus

Saichania
Paraceratherium
Riojasaurus
Lessemsaurus
Herrerasaurus
Quetzalcoatlus
Latenivenatrix
Shaochilong
Heterodontosaurus
Elasmosaurus
Hesperornis

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx I hope you are heard in some of your desires and Safari makes some of the mentioned figures and Doug's team masterfully performs those dinosaurs and other rare prehistoric animals and obscure many of them in the market.

Halichoeres

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx that's a terrific list. I hope in the next couple months some of those prove to be true.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

amargasaurus cazaui

my three from out of left field....Kulindrdromeus......a dinosaur with both feathers and scales apparently. Gargoyleosaurus, perhaps the oldest known ankylosaurid, with fairly complete remains.( and a great excuse for me to bother ken Carpenter again since he mounted the holotype, as well as described it.)And of course, Aquilops.....the north American version of archaeoceratops
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Shonisaurus

I reiterate my following wishes of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals for Safari 2020:

Paraceratherium is a well-known mammal and very little represented in the world of toy and collecting.

Estemmenosuchus I need a stemnosuchus without an articulated jaw that makes a good match with its Collecta counterpart.

Tsintosaurus is my favorite hadrosaur but scientifically updated.

Elasmotherium to compete with his Collecta counterpart (it will be difficult at least I think).

Moschops is a Paleozoic animal that has almost no representation.

Daspletosaurus, albertosaurus, tarbosaurus, gorgosaurus, alioramus ie cousins ​​of tyrannosaurus rex.

Tanystropheus is a prehistoric Triassic animal that needs a new reissue.

Chasmosaurus, arrhinoceratops, anchiceratops, centrosaurus, utahceratops, torosaurus, monoclonius, protoceratops or a kosmoceratops cousins ​​of triceratops.

Dakosaurus without articulated jaw.

Mapusaurus, torvosaurus, megalosaurus, rajasaurus, majungasaurus, rugops or a deinonychus as other carnivorous theropods other than the tyrannosaurus rex family.

Ptedodaustro and dsungaripterus are two pterosaurs well known among collectors and very poorly represented in resin figures.

Anurognathus another small pterosaur that needs a dignified representation.

Megaloceros, teleoceras, diprotodon, procoptodon, megalania, sarcosuchus, deinonychus, archelon, diplocaulus and mastodonsaurus among prehistoric animals, not dinosaurs.

Meganthereon, eusmilus, barburofelis, thylacoleo or thylacosmilus among carnivorous animals that differ from smilodon.

If any of the mentioned figures is done by Doug or someone from the dinotoyblog.com team, I would get "with a song in my teeth".

suspsy

I want more dinosaurs whose names begin with the letter F. Unfortunately, of those few, most are only known from fragments of fossils. Falcarius, Foraminacephale, and Futalognkosaurus would be the best candidates.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Quote from: suspsy on June 28, 2019, 01:55:19 PM
I want more dinosaurs whose names begin with the letter F. Unfortunately, of those few, most are only known from fragments of fossils. Falcarius, Foraminacephale, and Futalognkosaurus would be the best candidates.

If you're looking for an "F" to review, Favorite's mini Fukuisaurus, Fukuiraptor, and Fukuivenator can be had pretty cheaply! And you'd have the alliteration too.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 28, 2019, 04:28:33 AM
avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx that's a terrific list. I hope in the next couple months some of those prove to be true.
Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 20, 2019, 08:33:16 AM

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx I hope you are heard in some of your desires and Safari makes some of the mentioned figures and Doug's team masterfully performs those dinosaurs and other rare prehistoric animals and obscure many of them in the market.

Thanks guys, I'm not really bothered about the order, but I'd love to see any of these an their next line up (and beyond I hope)
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Jose S.M.

My biggest dream right now is an Edmontosaurus in 1:35 scale to go with the other big ones from Hell Creek. And another would be a 1:35-1:40 ish Camptosaurus to go with the Allo and Stego. More dromeosaurs would be very welcome too.

Takama

I really REALLY Want Someone to make an Modern Day Heterodontosaurus.

If any company can pull it off Correctly, it would most likly be Safari.

triceratops83

I know it's not gonna happen but wouldn't it be cool if we got BOTH species of Edmontosaurus?
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: