News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

If anyone wants my rainbow Acro I did start a thread a while ago where I was asking a pretty low price for it, I guess 15 euros plus shipping if I remember correctly. I'll probably end up gifting it to some friend's son.

hao_bao

Quote from: Reptilia on March 06, 2019, 11:49:10 PM
I'll probably end up gifting it to some friend's son.

That's pretty sexist...

Flaffy

Doug Watson

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 04, 2019, 10:00:45 PM
Despite the initial backlash, further analyses of the bones have came back with the same leg sizes, and those of the new baby specimen as well have evidence of similar padding/webbing.
http://www.sci-news.com/paleontology/smallest-spinosaurus-06052.html

Thank you for pointing that paper out I hadn't seen that one. Very interesting to see the same morphology, when I sculpted my inferior piece I included the shape of those flattened unguals and the webbing. From what I have seen in images it doesn't look like the other superior examples that have come out have incorporated that detail.
Also my pose is inspired by modern crocodilians that swim by propelling themselves with their tails and allow there legs to float alongside their bodies mind you I left my arms hanging down for display purposes and only let the rear legs hang limp.
Here is the ungual description from the newer paper.
"The shape of this bone is slightly and continuously convex along its dorsal margin, whereas its plantar surface is almost flat, especially on the preserved distal half of the bone, thus resulting low and elongate in lateral aspect, and with sharply defined margins separating the plantar surface from the medial and lateral sides."

Here is Ibrahim's original description of the adult for those who haven't taken the time to read it.
"The pedal unguals are proportionally large, long, low, and flat-bottomed (Fig. 2K and figs. S1 and S2), features that differ markedly from the deeper recurved unguals in other large theropods. The unguals in Spinosaurus are reminiscent of the flattened pedal unguals of shorebirds that do not perch (22). In addition, the toes of some shorebirds have fleshy lobes and interdigital webbing that enhance foot-propelled propulsion. The lengthened digit I and flattened pedal unguals in Spinosaurus suggest that the foot may have been adapted to traversing soft substrates or webbed for paddling."

hao_bao

When is the gallimimus going to be announced?

Killekor

Quote from: hao_bao on March 10, 2019, 09:35:34 AM

You mean that this year Papo will also release a Gallimimus? If this is the case Papo this year it's full of surprises  :o.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

MLMjp

Quote from: Killekor on March 10, 2019, 11:54:12 AM

You mean that this year Papo will also release a Gallimimus? If this is the case Papo this year it's full of surprises  :o.

Killekor
Papo is not going to release a Gallimimus this year and they never said anything about one, it is just the fans who want one and straight out ask when it will come out despite the fact that it is NOT coming out.

Stop turning your desires into "facts" with this kind of comments because they only thing you do is confuse people, please.

hao_bao

Quote from: MLMjp on March 10, 2019, 12:16:10 PM

Killekor
Papo is not going to release a Gallimimus this year and they never said anything about one, it is just the fans who want one and straight out ask when it will come out despite the fact that it is NOT coming out.

Stop turning your desires into "facts" with this kind of comments because they only thing you do is confuse people, please.

It was leaked along with the Spinosaurus. If you look back to earlier in the thread you'll find it. I'm guessing it will be around December.

Concavenator

Quote from: hao_bao on March 10, 2019, 12:41:55 PM

Killekor

It was leaked along with the Spinosaurus. If you look back to earlier in the thread you'll find it. I'm guessing it will be around December.
If it'd been leaked, we would have seen it.I don't think there ever was a picture of that Gallimimus you're talking about, nor I recall amy announcement regarding one. ???

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on March 10, 2019, 01:16:10 PM
Quote from: hao_bao on March 10, 2019, 12:41:55 PM

Killekor

If it'd been leaked, we would have seen it.I don't think there ever was a picture of that Gallimimus you're talking about, nor I recall amy announcement regarding one. ???

I hope that that was true, a gallimimus of Papo for 2019, but I doubt that it is currently in production, but had been announced together with the spinosaurus limited version.

Silvanusaurus

The Gallimimus must have featured in that leaked image that also showed the rumoured Doyouthinkhesaurus::)

hao_bao

Quote from: Andreioli on November 28, 2018, 06:52:44 PM
I know it's all still under raps, but I found a Facebook post of a shop in Brazil that might be more than just speculation.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/dinoshopbr/posts/

The post from yestarday (27.11) says:
"Ainda não sei o que é fato ou não, mas um passarinho jurássico me falou que para 2019 a Papo deverá realmente ter a versão do T-Rex correndo numa nova cor, a marrom. Provavelmente devem tirar a versão bacon listrada atual. O Alossauro teria uma mudança facial e passaria ter a cara mais parecida com o Alossauro com mandíbula quebrada do Planeta Dinossauro. Se for mesmo a dúvida é se vão manter o mesmo corpo e/ou pintura atual ou puxar para o dino do documentário. Que existe um estudo para mudar a cor do Triceratops, o que seria uma pena. Que eles tem há tempos um Galimimus modelado que possivelmente será lançado ano que vem. Que deve vir um Hadrossauro com ninho, num modelo estilo diorama como a Rebor, talvez um Maiassauro? Que virá um saurópode, cogita-se num Camarassauro. E que terão um novo Ceratopsídeo. Se tudo for realmente verdade confesso que acharei ótimo, menos alteração de cor do Triceratops."

Google translated:
"I still do not know what it is or not, but a Jurassic bird told me that by 2019 Papo should really have the T-Rex version running in a new color, the brown one. You should probably take the current striped bacon version. Alosaurus would have a facial change and would have the face more like Alosaosaurus with broken jaw of the Planet Dinosaur. If there is even doubt is whether they will keep the same body and / or current painting or pull for the documentary dino. That there is a study to change the color of Triceratops, which would be a pity. That they have long ago a modeled Galimimus that possibly will be released next year. What should a Hadrosaur with a nest come in, in a diorama style model like the Rebor, perhaps a Maiasauro? That a sauropod will come, one thinks of a Camarasaurus. And they will have a new Keratopsid. If all is really true I confess I will find it great, less color change of Triceratops."

So far it ads up.

There's bound to be more leaks until some official photo release by ED or other sources.

PS. also if you scroll down to a post from 26.11 there are a few more pictures of the new Schleich Spinosaurus.

This was the leak

Reptilia

There's a difference between a leak and a rumour, I doubt those brazilian guys are any reliable.

tanystropheus

And, wasn't the Giga a holiday special?

Reptilia

No, I myself guessed the Giganotosaurus to be a Christmas box set release because someone told me a big figure was coming later in the year. But I was just guessing, and that big figure turned out to be the limited edition Spinosaurus aegyptiacus. Nothing to do with those aforementioned rumours.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Reptilia on March 11, 2019, 12:22:42 AM
No, I myself guessed the Giganotosaurus to be a Christmas box set release because someone told me a big figure was coming later in the year. But I was just guessing, and that big figure turned out to be the limited edition Spinosaurus aegyptiacus. Nothing to do with those aforementioned rumours.

Guessing from this another large theropod for next year seems like it won't happen. Maybe a sauropod will be the next big thing for 2020 I just don't see papo making a Giganotosaurus anytime soon for a good 5 years

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on March 11, 2019, 01:34:27 AM
Quote from: Reptilia on March 11, 2019, 12:22:42 AM

Guessing from this another large theropod for next year seems like it won't happen. Maybe a sauropod will be the next big thing for 2020 I just don't see papo making a Giganotosaurus anytime soon for a good 5 years

My dream would be a giganotosaurus on behalf of Papo in 2020 but I get the impression that Papo will still take his time (years) to make a giganotosaurus. On the other hand, those "leaks" from a Brazilian forum I do not believe. I understand that Papo will market (if it sells) a few novelties like this year, because I suppose that they have many costs when it comes to making the iron for the model and there is a lot of competition with other brands of toy dinosaurs such as Schleich, Safari, Collecta (to give some examples) and I understand that they have to save expenses. However, a giganotosaurus from Papo would be great if it is of the same quality as its spinosaurus (updated scientific version) would be great.

hao_bao

I'm still confident we'll be seeing images of a Galli before the year is through. I used to be a skeptic but now I'm a believer.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: