News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich World of History

Started by pylraster, August 18, 2012, 05:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

Quote from: pylraster on July 27, 2015, 06:06:27 PM
There are fake Papos with fake Schleichs sold as a set in Divi, Docronnie. Interestingly enough, they repainted the Schleich rex brown. Hahaha! I guess these are not bad for repainting practice. I'll probably get the fake Giga.

I did not see the brown Rex but saw the green one. Yup, they are sold in sets of 8 I think, for only a thousand.  I did not see the others, they were not on display.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Fembrogon

Speaking of knockoffs, look at what I saw at Target today:

*LOL*

Paleona

Lol, I love the name xD  Looks like they were in one of those $1 bins on an endcap? 

Tyrannosauron

Battat has really got to look into changing the poor plastic on their new rex figures.  ;)

Fembrogon

Quote from: Paleona on August 06, 2015, 06:29:35 PM
Lol, I love the name xD  Looks like they were in one of those $1 bins on an endcap?
Yeah, pretty much. I don't even remember the specific price or company name, but I certainly didn't see Schleich's name anywhere.  :P
I can do a follow-up in a few days when I visit again (y'know, looking for those cheap ol' Battat figures...).

joossa

Quote from: Fembrogon on August 08, 2015, 12:23:26 AM
Quote from: Paleona on August 06, 2015, 06:29:35 PM
Yeah, pretty much. I don't even remember the specific price or company name, but I certainly didn't see Schleich's name anywhere.  :P
I can do a follow-up in a few days when I visit again (y'know, looking for those cheap ol' Battat figures...).

I saw them today at Target too. They are hollow and have a seamline in the middle.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Fembrogon

I took more photos on my visit today:

http://i.imgur.com/wBCLTYA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SvNYZcw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3HLDOH8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/M6IghdG.jpg

The funny thing is, I'd probably spend the seven bucks on these guys rather than fifteen-twenty on the legit figures.

stargatedalek

Agreed, not to be rude but I don't respect Schleich enough as a company or their dinosaurs as a product to not buy bootlegs. They are the ones who let their quality drop so low that they can scarcely be distinguished from bootlegs.

pylraster

Seamlines and bad paint aside, the quality isn't too far from the original. Anyone with the new Giga yet?

pylraster

Even some bootlegs have better color.... not to mention non-pronated hands. Weird. :D

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: Fembrogon on August 06, 2015, 05:39:19 PM
Speaking of knockoffs, look at what I saw at Target today:

*LOL*

Wow, they even matched the colors...

SpartanSquat

Thinking the other days guys...do you think schleich will replace some dinosaurs figures for new molds? I mean the minis have different molds and the smalls are only 6 models form the big ones. I was thinking: Do you think some models will be retired the next year like parasaurolophus, stegosaurus, saichania, sauropods?

CityRaptor

The Para is already retired. I don't see them retiring the others yet, unless they think that Sauropods are wimps...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SpartanSquat

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 09, 2015, 11:06:08 AM
The Para is already retired. I don't see them retiring the others yet, unless they think that Sauropods are wimps...
You wont believe me, but until I read you and see the website, I didnt notice the Para was retired! I hope they will remake saurpods and make some rare ones like shunosaurus.

Takama

My Collection so far.

pylraster

The kentrosaurus is really sweet-lookin'.

LophoLeeVT

yes it is the best model of schleich
i also hope to see more improvents as well!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

kreativtek

I just ordered a 2009 Apatosaurus (the big and heavy one) as a Christmas gift for myself and I cannot wait to receive it. Could someone please post a comparison of this model with, say, Papo Brachiosaurus? I want to see how it will stack against my other figures.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on July 03, 2015, 05:17:37 AM
I like the Thirizinosaurus because its so bad its good.   Whats supposed to be a Herbivore is made into Something that walked right out of a Godzilla Movie. Complte with a demented face :D

Ditto.

pylraster

I thought the big apato was retired, or is it back in stock?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: