News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Your Most Expensive Figure?

Started by Loon, December 24, 2019, 06:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

I figured this might be a fun thread; though, with my luck, it already exists in some form.

So, what's your most expensive prehistoric figure or model? You don't have to share prices or anything, if you're not comfortable with that.

Currently, the most expensive figure I've bought is the PNSO Ceratosaurus at around $86 shipped.

Blade-of-the-Moon

model? Probably one of the Sideshow pieces I have or the 1:1 JP Raptor bust I think.

Mirroraptor

For me it was a 1/1 replica of Procompsognathus from Jurassic Park 2.

RobinGoodfellow

Currently the Troodon Diorama by Shane Foulkes:

:)

Libraraptor

What did it cost me when I bought it and what would bring me most if I sold it?

Maybe

Linde Rhamphorhynchus?
Bernd Wolters Design Corythosaurus?
Invicta Corythosaurus?
Bullyland Paratypothorax?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Libraraptor on December 24, 2019, 10:47:58 AM
What did it cost me when I bought it and what would bring me most if I sold it?

Maybe

Linde Rhamphorhynchus?
Bernd Wolters Design Corythosaurus?
Invicta Corythosaurus?
Bullyland Paratypothorax?

:o  Invicta Corythosaurus?? And I thought my Invicta collection was complete ;) ;D .

SidB

SidB

Battat Tyrannosaurus rex, version #2 (snowshoes), for approximately $180.00 shipped. Probably won't pull a move like that anytime soon again.

Cretaceous Crab

PREY Collection Studios Carnotaurus figure, around $68 shipped.

ceratopsian

My most expensive "toy" must be my beloved Battat Diplodocus.  My most expensive resin: probably my Passion Charger's Deinocheirus (of which I still need to take photos!) - but conceivably my Psittacosaurus group by BingNi.

Faelrin

I think it would have to be the Beasts of the Mesozoic adult Triceratops ($130), Pentaceratops ($95), and Centrosaurus and Pachryhinosaurus (both $85), after I pay for those in February, alongside a few others. If I can get the Sinoceratops ($85), and Utahceratops ($95) later, then surely add those on to the list as well. Next up would probably be the Papo Spinosaurus when I can finally order it (if not another Beasts of the Mesozoic figure), with it going for roughly $60.

Of the ones I currently own? That's hard to say as I've certainly paid for more then a toy's initial pricing on a few occasions, such as the Mattel Jurassic World Legacy Collection Spinosaurus which cost me nearly $100 due to shipping and conversion rates, and just being above the retail price as is. Nearly the same with the Lockwood Ultimate Battle set, but I managed to get a few other rare figures with that, all for retail (+ conversion rate) prices, in addition to the hefty international shipping. I've also ended up paying nearly $60 or so for the Battle Damage Plesiosaurus from a collector in Guatemala I met on instagram, due to the relative scarcity of this earlier in the year (and honestly being restocked online only here and there doesn't quite mend the situation), and again most of that was because of conversion rate stuff and shipping.

Otherwise the most expensive figures in my collection would surely be the Mattel Jurassic World Legacy Collection Brachiosaurus (even if I'm giving the initial one bought to my nieces for the holiday tomorrow and getting another for myself soon), and the Beasts of the Mesozoic ones, specifically the accessory packs that I actually got cheaper before being sold for msrp. I got two of them for $30, and the last two for $40, before they went up to $50.

One of the figures in my collection currently that certainly has gone up in value over the years thanks to its rarity and demand is the Toyway WWD Allosaurus, though it might not be the most expensive, but that will probably depend anyways. I was thankfully able to get my hands on this one by helping out some other collectors on instagram to split two lots that had two of these, with a bunch of other assorted figures, from Carnegie Collection, Schleich, etc.

Edit: Figures I have now that might go up in value over the years (I'm not really into the whole reselling thing. Instead I like to get things before they get much more expensive and/or hard to find), probably will include:

-Mattel Jurassic World Legacy Collection Spinosaurus, which really only had decent distribution in UK, if not a few other countries in the world,
-Mattel Jurassic World SDCC exclusive John Hammond
-Unless it is repacked in the future the Savage Strike Dimetrodon is already going for quite a lot (gotta love scalpers /s), and thanks to poor distribution no doubt the same for the Battle Damage Plesiosaurus and possibly its Savage Strike counterpart, again unless repacked. I wonder if the Legacy raptor sets will also have the same issue going forward, at least in regards to the striped head variant of the white raptor that's sometimes in that set.

Maybe some other retired figures from Safari Ltd, etc?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

Quote from: Faelrin on December 24, 2019, 05:37:36 PM
I think it would have to be the Beasts of the Mesozoic adult Triceratops ($130)

Now I know I have too many figures, I forgot I even pre-ordered the adult triceratops. So, then that's mine too.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Libraraptor

Takama

My Most Expensive Mass Produced figures are this Geoworld Skeleton

Photo is from the Dino Toy Blog Because i Was the one who reviewed it.

next most Expensive is this guy, the CollectA 1:15 Tyrannosaurus, which i got with my high school graduation money back in 2011

Jose S.M.

I think the most expensive I have is the favorite Saurolophus, mostly for shipping prices.

Kotori_Sonoda

Since I'm only collecting Jurassic stuff and I haven't been into this dinosaur collecting game long enough, my most expensive is the JW 2018 Carnotaurus which was roughly 43 dollars (that's retail price here)
If the Indominus ever decides to show up in stores well I might get that and it will be my new most expensive figure, but until then...
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

Ravonium

So far, the Yujin Henkelotherium (about $90/£70); for various reasons it's likely to remain my most expensive figure for quite a while.

Pachyrhinosaurus

The Sideshow Stegosaurus, which is also my largest.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ravonium on December 27, 2019, 12:14:13 AM
So far, the Yujin Henkelotherium (about $90/£70); for various reasons it's likely to remain my most expensive figure for quite a while.

That's a hard one to track down, congrats!

Mine is the Chialu Brachauchenius, which cost me nearly half a month's rent.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: