News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaur Series

Started by Faelrin, March 12, 2020, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

So that just leaves Moros and Albertosaurus. I wonder if there will be any surprise reveals like Zhuchengtyrannus retooled from Tarbosaurus. Sure would be great if the Sinoceratops had someone to battle.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on March 23, 2021, 09:22:40 PM
So that just leaves Moros and Albertosaurus. I wonder if there will be any surprise reveals like Zhuchengtyrannus retooled from Tarbosaurus. Sure would be great if the Sinoceratops had someone to battle.

I know it's pretty fragmentary but I would still like an Appalachiosaurus.

Subduction

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 24, 2021, 02:20:11 AM

Same. I know there's Dryptosaurus but I want more eastern North America genera representation. So an Appalachiosaurus would be splendid.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Subduction on March 24, 2021, 04:27:14 PM

Same. I know there's Dryptosaurus but I want more eastern North America genera representation. So an Appalachiosaurus would be splendid.

Exactly. Western TN also has a hadrosaur species, probably similar to Edmontosaurus but still..I'd like to have replicas of the few species we did have around here lol

Subduction

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 24, 2021, 05:30:59 PM

Exactly. Western TN also has a hadrosaur species, probably similar to Edmontosaurus but still..I'd like to have replicas of the few species we did have around here lol

Oh cool! Which hadrosaur species do you guys have? In NJ, we have Hadrosaurus foulkii. :D

suspsy

Appalachiosaurus would be swell indeed.

I also wonder if we'll see a fourth version of the T. rex somewhere down the line. BW Megatron's colour scheme actually beat out the Dino Riders one by a single vote; a purple tyrant king done by David Silva could end up looking very keen.

Concavenator

In my opinion, it's not the most interesting species out of all of them, but it looks like the Eotyrannus is (at least as of now) going to be my favorite. Looks fantastic, and the colors are gorgeous and very natural. Not that I don't appreciate some vibrant colors every now and then (if reasonably done) but I enjoy natural and beautiful color schemes like this one.

And probably due to the price point, it's a strong candidate for me to pick it up. I remember someone asked its price, and David said the Suskityrannus will be less expensive than the Zuniceratops as it will have less mass. I'm guessing the same could be said of this one, as they will share the same body.

BTW, anyone knows when will these be globally available? I asked David some time ago and he told me that the 1st wave will be available sometime in 2022, but that doesn't give much information. Do we even know what species will be released in that 1st wave?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Subduction on March 24, 2021, 07:14:50 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 24, 2021, 05:30:59 PM

Oh cool! Which hadrosaur species do you guys have? In NJ, we have Hadrosaurus foulkii. :D

Nice! My bro lives near Philly, been hoping to visit any dino related areas when i go visit.

They keep saying its an Edmontosaurus relative. Apparently the bones are very fragmentary. 

I have seen where a tyrannosaur tooth turned up in TN as well. Everything is from the Western half of the state though. 

Quote from: Concavenator on March 26, 2021, 12:31:32 AM
In my opinion, it's not the most interesting species out of all of them, but it looks like the Eotyrannus is (at least as of now) going to be my favorite. Looks fantastic, and the colors are gorgeous and very natural. Not that I don't appreciate some vibrant colors every now and then (if reasonably done) but I enjoy natural and beautiful color schemes like this one.

And probably due to the price point, it's a strong candidate for me to pick it up. I remember someone asked its price, and David said the Suskityrannus will be less expensive than the Zuniceratops as it will have less mass. I'm guessing the same could be said of this one, as they will share the same body.

BTW, anyone knows when will these be globally available? I asked David some time ago and he told me that the 1st wave will be available sometime in 2022, but that doesn't give much information. Do we even know what species will be released in that 1st wave?

I think most of the details will be addressed in the Kickstarter which is supposed to happen...this..Summer?  I think.

Concavenator

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon Thanks! Yeah I think I saw earlier in this thread the kickstarter is planned for this summer

Eocarcharia

Quote from: LeapingLaelaps on March 20, 2021, 07:42:19 PM

The off-white coloring with red eyes reminds me a bit of the Fossil Fighters Lythronax. That one is definitely on my want list for the series.

Faelrin

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

Halichoeres

I like the bird colors on these more than I did on the dromaeosaurs, because without the wings, the source material is less obvious.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That looks great, I am pleased as Eotyrannus is a favourite of mine. I will not be getting any of the Tyrannosaurids, but this looks a must too.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Kapitaenosavrvs

suspsy

I remember must add some more money to my fund this afternoon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It kind of looks like an accurate JP Rex head to me. I like it!

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon i was just about to say that. Yeah its pretty cool, they used the right skull shaped, and added crest to make it look so, and also added partial lips and un shrinwrapped it

suspsy

This just in: a new and improved version of the golden pheasant colour scheme for Dilong. I like it!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: