News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stegotyranno's Art

Started by Stegotyranno420, March 27, 2020, 10:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

best spino?

1st
0 (0%)
2nd
0 (0%)
3rd
0 (0%)
4th
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 21, 2020, 07:48:50 PM

Stegotyranno420

Finished

Vectidromeus insularis

Stegotyranno420

Did i show this yet?

While I will need to rescuplt the grey parts due to damages, it should be fine. :)

Halichoeres

So Vectidromeus started life as a doodle in history class? Glad to see it promoted to full color.

Also you might want to keep the sauropod away from the Miracle-Gro or you'll never get it back in the house.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres yeah, it was made a day before the genus was announced. I edited it too some degree so looked more like the new genus. My handwriting is not the best, and the notes on Shays rebellion were just a formality to show the teacher I was not slacking.

Maybe we can use Miracle-Gro to make everything in the scale we want, ending the grievances of 1:60-1:100 scale sauropods.

Stegotyranno420

I took off the dried out clay, and i plan to be new sculpey. It should continue on my Winter holiday.

Stegotyranno420

Been a long time. Torvosaurus tanneri

Concavenator

Stegotyranno420

Alt version
A genus of amongst my Favorite countries

Concavenator

I think that is officially my favorite Plateosaurus depiction! I particularly like the green one. Quite overlooked dino too in my opinion.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Concavenator on November 22, 2023, 07:38:06 AMI think that is officially my favorite Plateosaurus depiction! I particularly like the green one. Quite overlooked dino too in my opinion.
Wow, if this is your favorite, that means more folks need to make Plateosaurus  ;D
But thanks, I really appreciate that.
Its funny, I made the brown version because I was worried the design on the green was "overdone" or "tacky". Glad uou like it as well.

thomasw100

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on November 22, 2023, 03:56:43 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on November 22, 2023, 07:38:06 AMI think that is officially my favorite Plateosaurus depiction! I particularly like the green one. Quite overlooked dino too in my opinion.
Wow, if this is your favorite, that means more folks need to make Plateosaurus  ;D
But thanks, I really appreciate that.
Its funny, I made the brown version because I was worried the design on the green was "overdone" or "tacky". Glad uou like it as well.

Miniature Museum just released a Plateosaurus 3D model recently, available in 3 different poses. Can be purchased through Dinosauria Creatures or the file through MyMiniFactory.

Concavenator

Well I agree, hopefully Plateosaurus will receive more attention, but because it's quite underrated!

About the color, here's something funny. When I was a kid, I was tired of green dinosaurs, because they were ubiquitous. Almost every single dinosaur depiction I stumbled upon in books was colored green, and so I became tired of them. I remember seeing another dinosaur and think: "Oh, it's the green dinosaur again".

Even though I sometimes make memes about all dinosaurs being colored brown nowadays, I really prefer brown in dinosaurs over green. But just as I was tired of green dinosaurs back then, I'm starting to become tired of brown dinosaurs nowadays for the same reason. So I'd now take a green dinosaur from time to time!

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Concavenator on November 23, 2023, 12:28:29 PMWell I agree, hopefully Plateosaurus will receive more attention, but because it's quite underrated!

About the color, here's something funny. When I was a kid, I was tired of green dinosaurs, because they were ubiquitous. Almost every single dinosaur depiction I stumbled upon in books was colored green, and so I became tired of them. I remember seeing another dinosaur and think: "Oh, it's the green dinosaur again".

Even though I sometimes make memes about all dinosaurs being colored brown nowadays, I really prefer brown in dinosaurs over green. But just as I was tired of green dinosaurs back then, I'm starting to become tired of brown dinosaurs nowadays for the same reason. So I'd now take a green dinosaur from time to time!
What are you favorite colourschemes for dinosaurs btw, just curious

Concavenator

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 I don't know to be honest. Some dinosaurs I picture as being a specific color (Gorgosaurus as blue, Tyrannosaurus as red, Apatosaurus as grey...), but I don't think I have a favorite. I mostly like to be surprised on the color department.

When it comes to color schemes, I generally take inspiration from living animals or try to come up with a nice color scheme myself.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Concavenator on November 23, 2023, 05:01:18 PMavatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 I don't know to be honest. Some dinosaurs I picture as being a specific color (Gorgosaurus as blue, Tyrannosaurus as red, Apatosaurus as grey...), but I don't think I have a favorite. I mostly like to be surprised on the color department.

When it comes to color schemes, I generally take inspiration from living animals or try to come up with a nice color scheme myself.
I do the first thing as well

Not dinosaurs, but something random, a war on another planet

More Dinosaurs are coming, but let's just say I have been making dinosaurs that I haven't showed here.

On the Supersaurus sculpture, unfortunately I will need to reschedule that to my Summer vacation, it is quite unfortunate but my only option to continue work efficiently

Stegotyranno420

A Machairognathid,(Kšuraśeras, Razor-Head in Aryabhašas) a type of aerial-aquatic predator from another planet.

Stegotyranno420

Since I'm cleaning up storage so here's something I put together, my art work over these years, from the Argentinosaurus to the Plateosaurus, it's not all of them together, but should give one an idea
upload image

Stegotyranno420

Acrocanthosaurus

Stegotyranno420

Made a concept reference for my austroraptor
[

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: