News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stegotyranno's Art

Started by Stegotyranno420, March 27, 2020, 10:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

best spino?

1st
0 (0%)
2nd
0 (0%)
3rd
0 (0%)
4th
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 21, 2020, 07:48:50 PM

Libraraptor

Great painting! Thumbs up!

Stegotyranno420

Minimo
avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor thank you so much, I am glad you like it :)

Stegotyranno420

Stegotyranno420

I need Serious urgent help.

The major thing is
I think the clay may have gotten ruined again.
There are plenty of signs, as i applied too much alcohol? and left it in the heat of my garage, not sunlight though. it was already pretty old but i revived the batch and it was doing well 5 days prior. but the rest of the batch was crumbly and wouldn't stick. When smoothing, the slab of clay i layed will flank off. It doesnt bond
Even worse, i think the first layer of clay is starting to get brittle, and thus the foundation isnt as strong and collapses.

I cannot seem to make the clay smooth or flat without tears and brittles.
I heard Vaseline can be applied, but in addition to being naturally worried about that, but the clay is already layered.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Maybe let this layer fully dry up as it is and use a new clay to encase the whole body before you add the next patch and start smoothing and detailing it?

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on July 20, 2023, 10:02:54 PMMaybe let this layer fully dry up as it is and use a new clay to encase the whole body before you add the next patch and start smoothing and detailing it?
To clarify this is polymer btw. So when i say dried up I mean it can still be sculpted, but it is inflexible and brone to splitting.
Unless if thats what you meant then my apologies.
I will consider that approch

Stegotyranno420

Zuul!

Stegotyranno420

Eh...Corinthians 10:22
[/url][/img]

Stegotyranno420

I was getting bored of Judith River July...I think I might had wasted my precious July doing that, but I made some aliens designs I had lurking for years but only now drawn in colour and finalised (?) design

Chromids are andromedans that communicate with colour

Zukiqs evolved from grassland grazers that went to the mountains and became flying hunters. They practice a form of government somewhat like an egalitarian lottocratic bureaucracy. I think it's obvious who they are based on, but this is their flying form. Naturally they are more akin to goats in lifestyle, similar to how we are a cursorial pursuit hunter evolved from arboreal fructavores

WireBugs were the first to use Neurotechnology to command organisms efficiently and even connect the consciousness of the host and commander.

Stegotyranno420

Daspletosaurus torosus
This represents the first of many things
The first dinosaur I uploaded with some resemblance to a JP one(but this is still accurate)
First green tyrannosaur(usually I don't like them green)
First painting to use photo bashing to some degree(before I was opposed to this as I thought it was "cheating",
And the last dinosaur for Judith July.
I am going to miss July, it was a nice vacations , we'll see how things progress next July  :)

Stegotyranno420

Decided to bandwagon  on something I don't even agree with 100 percent
Perucetus

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Very nice and very fast to get ol big manatee-whale boi done.

The JPesque Daspletosaurus is a stunner too with those eyes.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx thank you.
Honestly the Jurassic Park look was accidental. I was trying to find colors for the daspletosaurus, and I used purple and red for rendering. I did a hue shift and the results looked well.
Here's what it would had looked like originally.

Stegotyranno420

Concavenator

That non-JP inspired Daspletosaurus is among my favorite works from you, stellar job. Might be because I'm partial to Daspletosaurus. ;D

Stegotyranno420

Sorry it's been so long,
Brachiosaurus altithorax
In his splendor, the bull traverses through the tranquil Jurassic dawn. Dew forms on plant leaves while the soft, soothing fog obscures the titanic girth of the beast.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on September 10, 2023, 02:55:05 AMSorry it's been so long,
Brachiosaurus altithorax
In his splendor, the bull traverses through the tranquil Jurassic dawn. Dew forms on plant leaves while the soft, soothing fog obscures the titanic girth of the beast.

Absolutely perfect! Fantastic job and I love it :)

Stegotyranno420

Some random basal ornithschian. I decided it looks most like Haya griva.
https://postimg.cc/f3H39cr5

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: