News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stegotyranno's Art

Started by Stegotyranno420, March 27, 2020, 10:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

best spino?

1st
0 (0%)
2nd
0 (0%)
3rd
0 (0%)
4th
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 21, 2020, 07:48:50 PM

Concavenator

Very nice! Lovely colors. I guess those are the ones you will be using for the printed model, aren't they? Will look pretty nice if so.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Concavenator on February 04, 2024, 11:40:56 PMVery nice! Lovely colors. I guess those are the ones you will be using for the printed model, aren't they? Will look pretty nice if so.
Of course. I wanted to go with a red colourscheme initially, but we also need to think of the canvas(which is pitch black) so it is not as difficult

Reuben03

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 10, 2021, 08:24:30 PMavatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx thank you very much

Here is my Lava Argentinosaurus, based on an unnamed skeletal i found on the Google
Sorry if it looks bad
Also I will replace the Reddit(if you know what you are doing there, it ain't that bad of a place)link with a postimage link once I could access it again

It's that time of year again.
The original is still un-topped for me, no matter the new attempts

Halichoeres

Walking on a salt flat that recently got heavy rain?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 09, 2024, 05:58:23 AMWalking on a salt flat that recently got heavy rain?
Actually it was meant to be a generic artistic background ambience. But now that I know what that looks like, I will utilise that setting more often 👍🏻

Concavenator

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 09, 2024, 03:50:52 AMThe original is still un-topped for me, no matter the new attempts

?

I think the new one is better. Which also makes sense because you've evolved as an artist since 2021.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Concavenator on February 09, 2024, 03:42:15 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 09, 2024, 03:50:52 AMThe original is still un-topped for me, no matter the new attempts

?

I think the new one is better. Which also makes sense because you've evolved as an artist since 2021.

Probably just my nostalgia lenses  ;D

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on October 31, 2022, 01:31:23 AM
Quote from: Pliosaurking on October 22, 2022, 10:45:57 PMNow that's a Stegosaurus!
Great job!
Yep, it really is(not to show pride in my work, I am referring to it based on my idea of a perfect stegosaurus)

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on October 24, 2022, 08:58:55 AMStunning final result! Great work  :)
Thank you as always : )

Dilophosaurus wetherlii:

upload image by url
The new Dilophosaurus

Stegotyranno420

Alright, not Dinosaurs, but still ancient and art.
Lately, I have not been able to use my iPad for art as much as I would like- mainly due to school. Besides, I have become exceedingly disappointed with the direction of my artwork and the software on my Ipad. I will return to doing my work on the computer, just like in early 2021, and I have downloaded a new program called Krita. I hope I don't need to make the change from iPad to Computer, Sketchbook to Krita, etc. but here we are. Besides, I find myself doing more things on the computer nowadays. Either way, I am not satisfied with the condition of my artwork. There is a lack of improvement, and all pieces just look the same, even though I only get one done a month. I have failed to even achieve a "completed" look, let alone a hyperealistic one as I have anticipated I would have at this age. It is to be expected with a lack of practice (I have only been practicing on drawing with pencils during classes, so I have accidentally become dependent on styli despite using my fingers for digital). I cannot fathom how I was able to create such "masterpieces" when I was younger, until I see the incomplete and rudimentary nature of said "masterpieces".
In addition, I think I have completely forgotten how to animate, and I fear I might be losing interest overall in Dinosaurs+art.
I do not find myself overly excited for new figures anymore. Since this school year, my drive/interest has been diminished by severe magnitudes. I do not feel like the same person anymore.  Ideas withered. Passion faded.
When the 200th anniversary of Megalosaurus's discovery came about, I did not have the drive to make something in its honour. When that new spinosaur was discovered, I did not have the drive to make a new piece. When T.mcraensis came, I did not have the drive. It all feels the same now. Always rudimentary, except now pieces take longer to make, so I cannot even use the excuse that I rushed it.
Here is my first painting on Krita. It is one of the Pyramids of Giza. Not a very realistic nor stylized painting indeed, but it was just for testing the new brushes. Admittedly, it was cumbersome.

Updates on Supersaurus sculpture: Work will likely resume during summer vacation. I am disappointed in myself it will take more than a year to finish, but I will need to do things right with the right timing. Trying to get it done during a week-long break and having the old clay dry out will not suffice.

Concavenator

That pyramid looks good!

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 25, 2024, 07:50:52 PMI am disappointed in myself it will take more than a year to finish, but I will need to do things right with the right timing.

Don't worry, heck, even Eofauna can take up that time to release a new figure!

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Concavenator on February 25, 2024, 09:38:37 PMThat pyramid looks good!

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 25, 2024, 07:50:52 PMI am disappointed in myself it will take more than a year to finish, but I will need to do things right with the right timing.

Don't worry, heck, even Eofauna can take up that time to release a new figure!
Thanks and true, but while I respect and admire Eofauna, I strive to be more like PNSO to be honest.

Stegotyranno420

First Dinosaur made in Krita.
Supposed to be Monolophosaurus, but yeah it is a bit messy.

Still getting used to it

Perotorum

The monolophosaurus looks quite good, although, as a side thought, it would be interesting to see paleoart of oviraptorisaurs with a color pallet inspired by pheasants, like a chirostinotes based on a reeve's pheasant.

Stegotyranno420

I have been considering doing an Oviraptorid, so I will take inspiration from your comment avatar_Perotorum @Perotorum
But so far Krita has been better for landscapes, like these mountains.

Stegotyranno420

Carnotaurus sasteri
[/url][/img]

I had to go back on my IPad to make this guy.

Stegotyranno420

Alternative  colour

Perotorum

Reminds me of some agamids, more speciffically a uromastyx, though with some similarities to collard lizards.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Perotorum on March 04, 2024, 02:23:17 AMReminds me of some agamids, more speciffically a uromastyx, though with some similarities to collard lizards.
interestingly, i dont really use modern animals for refs, i often combine other artwork colourschemes actually. Its mostly spontaneous though

Perotorum

I tend to study birds and agamid lizards when I paint my prints, so I guess my brain tends to infer similarities without an actual connection.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: