News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA--New for 2021

Started by suspsy, October 20, 2020, 05:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triceratops83

I'm really glad for that Kamuysaurus - was thinking this could potentially turn out to be an ornithopodless year, with companies making safe bets on theropods (as the Safari releases are so far doing). Still hoping for a deluxe Hadrosaur, though.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Arctinus

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 06, 2020, 05:21:47 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 06, 2020, 05:11:43 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 06, 2020, 04:22:38 PM
Quote from: Arctinus on November 06, 2020, 10:25:29 AM
Wow, that mamenchisaurus! Might just be my first Collecta dinosaur.  ;D Holy cr*posaurus, now I might as well start collecting Collecta dinosaurs. Might as well throw all my clothes out to make room for all these new figures. xD
Honestly, why do we even need so many clothes? Why cant it be like cartoon characters and its always the same outfit. It saves money and time!

And if you're a cartoon bear or duck, you don't need pants  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
If you are a 6ft bluejay or a raccoon or a gumball machine, you can just walk with NO clothes!

THIS HAS BEEN AN ENLIGHTENING EXPERIENCE

;D ;D ;D (Why's there no laughing emoji?  ???)

I like the no clothes thing. I mean, like Tom & Jerry (or like you said, Gumball), not in a dirty way. xD That would leave quite a lot of space for my figures and books. I already moved all my clothes to small boxes and drawers to make room for my book collection. xD

suspsy

Quote from: triceratops83 on November 07, 2020, 05:35:38 AM
I'm really glad for that Kamuysaurus - was thinking this could potentially turn out to be an ornithopodless year, with companies making safe bets on theropods (as the Safari releases are so far doing). Still hoping for a deluxe Hadrosaur, though.

Given the existence of the two new hadrosaurs from PNSO, I'd prefer it if CollectA focused on smaller ornithopods for a change. Thescelosaurus or Orodromeus or Qantassaurus would rock.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: MLMjp on November 06, 2020, 05:55:50 PM
I was ready to say: As good as the sculpt is, as it always happens with sauropods the Mamenchisaurus is too small to fit in a 1:40-1:30 scale collection....BUT THEN:
Quote from: darth daniel on November 06, 2020, 04:10:17 PM
Quote from: Loon on November 06, 2020, 08:12:14 AM
Update: I found the measurements on Everything Dinosaur.
CollectA Deluxe Mamenchisaurus in 1:100 scale – length 40 cm, height of head 24 cm.

24cm, a little over a foot, would make this roughly 1/80 scale if it's the largest species, Mamenchisaurus sinocanadorum. But, I'm no expert on scale.
I did some calculations based on the sizes stated for each species on wikipedia. Based on height and length in the image (admittedly, a rough method), if the head is 24 cm off the ground, 40 cm is the figure´s length (like projected on the ground) but not the length of the spine, which might end up somewhere around 50 cm (rough guess). The "table" below shows the scales for both reference lengths for each species. (And yes, I´m quite excited for this figure! ^-^ )

M. constructus:                 13 m     1:32,5 @ 40 cm            1:26 @ 50 cm
M. hochuanensis:              22 m     1:55 @ 40 cm.              1:44 @ 50 cm
M. Jingyanensis:        20 - 26 m      1:50 - 1:65 @ 40 cm    1:40 - 1:52 @ 50 cm
M. sinocanadorum:           35 m      1:87,5 @ 40 cm.           1:70 @ 50 cm
M. youngi:                       16 m      1:40 @ 40 cm.              1:32 @ 50 cm
You mean that I can actually use it as a smaller species?! OMG YES! Finally a sauropod figure whose size is not an issue! I don't care if is meant to represent the largest one, it will be one of the smaller ones in my collection.

Awww yes!! Looks like I'm finally gonna add a Mamenchisaurus to my collection!  ;D

Kapitaenosavrvs

QuoteAugmented Reality Series 2 with new Argentinosarus, Oviraptor, Therizinosaurus, and Utahraptor miniatures.

Did anyone buy these kind of packs? Is it possible to feel, which Animal is in there, or are they packed in something inside the plasic bag? I would like to have a few of the same for Miniaturedioramas.

Faelrin

Quote from: suspsy on November 07, 2020, 01:57:37 PM
Quote from: triceratops83 on November 07, 2020, 05:35:38 AM

Given the existence of the two new hadrosaurs from PNSO, I'd prefer it if CollectA focused on smaller ornithopods for a change. Thescelosaurus or Orodromeus or Qantassaurus would rock.

I think we are long overdo on Thescelosaurus, but I wouldn't be opposed to the others as well. Would love to see a Dryosaurus and Nanosaurus from them too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

I would like a drinker and an othnielia rex are two dinosaurs that were named in honor of rival paleontologists Edward Drinker Cope and Othniel Charles Marsh, two of the pioneering paleontologists of the United States. I think they deserve a tribute from the dinosaurs companies toy and they could make those two weird dinosaurs.

Sim

stargatedalek

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 07, 2020, 06:14:19 PM
And only present in neognaths so you might just as well ignore it.
Neognaths are the vast majority of available living examples. And the vast majority of paleognaths are Tinamou which all have very similar colouration largely dictated by behaviour.

Birds can have green colours in multiple ways. Sometimes it's a structural colour, but it can also be in pigments. And it appeared multiple times in birds that are not directly related.

triceratops83

Quote from: suspsy on November 07, 2020, 01:57:37 PM

Actually, yeah,  Thescelosaurus seems like a real Collecta-y choice.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Loon

Smaller ornithischians in general would be great. Aside from basal Ceratopsians, they never get love.

Get on it, CollectA.

Shonisaurus

I wish that one day Collecta would make a new Deluxe-sized paraceratherium or tsintaosaurus. I would like those two species of animals to one day materialize into feasible and perfect reproductions of both prehistoric animals.

By the way I would also like a shonisaurus, shastasaurus why does no company do it? Schleich's shonisaurus is very distant in time and is a discontinued figure. The shonisaurus needs a little love from a brand like Collecta and with the shastasaurus it is one of the largest marine animals that sailed the Mesozoic seas, other than that they are Triassic animals, now that Collecta focuses on prehistoric animals from the Mesozoic and Triassic, for example lisowicia bojani, why not focus on marine animals from the Triassic?

Loon

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 08, 2020, 09:53:44 AM
An updated Tsintaosaurus would be very much welcomed.

Why? Their old one's perfect! ;)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Loon on November 08, 2020, 05:02:42 PM

Collecta's old tsintaosaurus is of medium quality and quite "retro" but I honestly wouldn't mind if Collecta or another brand made a "retro" tsintaosaurus as long as it was of quality even if it wasn't scientific when it came to its crest. I was always enthralled by his old scientific appearance that resembled a gigantic bipedal unicorn.

Takama

Loon

Loon

Everything Dinosaur posted a video where the revealed figures are discussed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNYK75YKa38&t=29s
Interestingly, there are some silhouettes in the thumbnail, I wonder if these are teases at what's to come. Probably not, I'm pretty sure one of them is just the old Wild Safari Brachiosaurus.

Wandering

I love the colors on the Kamuysaurus! CollectA really impresses me with it's releases each year, I can't wait to see more!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Takama on November 08, 2020, 07:22:55 PM
Quote from: Loon on November 08, 2020, 05:02:42 PM

Indeed

..... still making me laugh after all these years - great pic, perfect shadowing :)) .

indohyus

Well, deciding between the Megacerops and the Tsintasaurus is definitely a hard choice, providing stiff competition.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: