News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

EoFauna - New for 2021

Started by GojiraGuy1954, October 27, 2020, 02:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

Yes! A scientifically sculpted diplodocus!! Last week I was reorganizing my sauropods shelf and the only figure that I wasn't fully convinced with was the Collecta 2012 diplodocus. It's too good to be true!  ^-^
Now I need a woolly mammooth to complete my happiness ...

Fembrogon

Quote from: suspsy on May 19, 2021, 02:21:46 PM
I would have been tempted if it were an obscure diplodocid like Galeamopus or Supersaurus, but I guess the idea of creating a figure based on a 3D reconstruction from a published study is an appealing one.
Honestly, that strikes me as a very good business practice for a company like EoFauna - they can ensure their own product's accuracy (presumably) while potentially drawing more attention to the original study itself. I know there are other companies and artists who closely reference current findings for their products, but I think EoFauna is much more open about it than most.

Faelrin

I'm very much excited for it but I am curious about the scale. I'm sure it's too early to know though.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Concavenator

This is literally what happens every time Eofauna makes a figure of a popular genus :

Quote from: Over9K on October 27, 2020, 12:51:39 PM

What I find funny is that there are people who, when they hear that they are going to release a popular creature, say they're not interested and that "it will be a pass" but then they see the model and they end up getting it. That's why I'm not going to say that I'm not interested despite already having a Diplodocus (I usually only buy figures of new species) . I will just wait and see. I'm sure it's going to be a masterpiece.

Now scale wise...in my personal case, I would prefer it if was in 1:40. 1:35 is way too big (that's the scale of the 2008 Carnegie one, isn't it? My Eofauna shelf is the smallest of my collection and depending on the size I would be able to get it or not. If it's longer than the Carnegie Dippy, I'm afraid I will be forced to skip it. Eofauna said they would be making the larger animals at 1:40 scale, so that scale feels like the more reasonable one in this case. It would also be in scale with their other sauropod, the Atlasaurus.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Faelrin on May 19, 2021, 10:36:15 PM
I'm very much excited for it but I am curious about the scale. I'm sure it's too early to know though.

We have two seperate Discussions again. Here and in the EoFauna general. There it was said: 1:40

Faelrin

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs Ah thanks. 1:40 or 1:35 is my preferred scale for something like this so this works out excellently for me.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Szajmin

Now, maybe it would be the best diplodokus figure ever, maybe I buy it

But is still would prefer an obscure mammal like Toxodon, Behemotops  or Barytherium.

I really hope that popular figure let them do (financially) some more obscure species.

But i am afraid that if people would be buying mostly dinos, they will only do dinos, because it is safer for them as a company.

Shonisaurus

Good idea, a diplodocus, my greatest wish that it has an acceptable size, at least with a size similar to those of the Collecta or PNSO mamenchisaurus, to give two examples, although the size is not excessive.

I can't wait to see that diplodocus and get it.

suspsy

I'd like EoFauna to tackle another carnivore after the Diplodocus. Any Cenozoic one other than Smilodon would be great.

Heck, Smilodon would be great in the end too.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: suspsy on May 21, 2021, 12:08:05 PM
I'd like EoFauna to tackle another carnivore after the Diplodocus. Any Cenozoic one other than Smilodon would be great.

: D This is quite straight the Meme from avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator. Hehe.

Bread

With PNSO just revealing a Stegosaurus family, I am all for this Diplodocus. Would go great together, including PNSO's Allosaurus.

Correct me if I am wrong but does the Diplodocus featured in their book have a blue color scheme? I do not have the book at the moment, but I believe I saw it on the front cover, unless I am mistakenly looking at the wrong genus.

Shonisaurus

The prehistoric animals of all life are the ones that work the most for commercial purposes so I understand that Eofauna can make dinosaurs or other common prehistoric animals like tyrannosaurus, stegosaurus or smilodon or primigenius mammoth. Of course, as a collector, I would not disdain those products as long as they were well made and in that Eofauna are experts in making quality figures, especially those dinosaurs and prehistoric animals whose skeletal remains are known in an extremely high percentage.

Also a ceratosaurus by Eofauna would be a great figure and not only the allosaurus, the ceratosaurus is a fairly well-known figure in the toy market so a figure of that theropod would be great.

Concavenator

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on May 21, 2021, 12:19:43 PM

: D This is quite straight the Meme from avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator. Hehe.
This is a classic at this point.

Eofauna have said on Facebook that they will be showing more pictures and give more information soon. I also asked them about the neck position, and they told me that their intention is not to represent an animal on its environment, that it will have a neutral pose as it will be based on the reconstruction from the paper, so I guess it will have the same pose we have already seen. I find their idea of creating a figure after a paper's reconstruction to be very interesting. It certainly will be a unique figure. And I admit this is a smart move from their part. Both the paper and the figure will be a reference for the other.

I imagine it will take a while until it will be released and all, but I like that they have announced what their next model is going to be about  :) I much prefer this to have no news at all, and it creates conversation and allows feedback... I only see advantages.

By the way, anyone who has their Sauropod book knows what colour scheme their Diplodocus has on it? Perhaps it will have a similar (or the same) colouration, as what happened with the Giganotosaurus

suspsy

Well, you must admit that Smilodon dominates the Cenozoic toy scene; only the woolly mammoth boasts more toys. And there are so many other prehistoric felids that are weird and wonderful and scary that have never gotten a single toy. Even a few that were bigger than Smilodon. But I still adore Smilodon, so yeah, if that's what EoFauna chose to do, I'd be fine with that.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: suspsy on May 21, 2021, 02:20:01 PM

Well, you must admit that Smilodon dominates the Cenozoic toy scene; only the woolly mammoth boasts more toys. And there are so many other prehistoric felons that are weird and wonderful and scary that have never gotten a single toy. Even a few that were bigger than Smilodon. But I still adore Smilodon, so yeah, if that's what EoFauna chose to do, I'd be fine with that.

Oh no, that was not meant that way, i think. We think about that the same way, i guess :D You are right. My thoughts are also often "Meh, we have already have these Animals as Figures and there is so much intersting stuff. - Oh wait EoFauna/another Company. That looks fantastic." I buy the Figures i like, rather than just because i need this Species in my Collection. Also, my Collection is not on the massive size. I rather pick up a Sculpt i like of an Animal i already have, than a Sculpt i do not like, but it is an Animal i am not having at the Moment. I have 10 T. rex Figures and i am not even a huge T. rex fan. It is a special Animal, but it is war from my Favourite. I do not have a favourite, but this way it is easier to write. Regarding the overall Numer of my Figures, thats quite weird. But i like the Sculpts. (I have absolutely no idea, if i used "rather" the correct way.)

I ment it in a friendly way.

In the End, i am fine. Every EoFauna Figure is special, somehow.

ITdactyl

avatar_Bread @Bread , I think you're remembering their Barosaurus.

From Eofauna's twitter - The sauropod parade:
https://twitter.com/Eofauna/status/1316715102654140416

Forgive the lazy link, didn't want to re-host their image.
That pic also sets good expectations for the possible size of the upcoming figure, since we can clearly see the size comparison between the previously released Atlasaurus and their rendition of Diplodocus hallorum.

Bread

Quote from: ITdactyl on May 21, 2021, 05:50:33 PM
avatar_Bread @Bread , I think you're remembering their Barosaurus.

From Eofauna's twitter - The sauropod parade:
https://twitter.com/Eofauna/status/1316715102654140416

Forgive the lazy link, didn't want to re-host their image.
That pic also sets good expectations for the possible size of the upcoming figure, since we can clearly see the size comparison between the previously released Atlasaurus and their rendition of Diplodocus hallorum.
You are right, thank you! I do not have the book at the moment, and don't worry about the link it worked perfectly!

Concavenator

Both the Diplodocus from their book, and the one from the paper have almost the same color scheme, so I bet the figure will have a similar one.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

Is Diplodocus the only dinosaur figure going to be released by Eofauna this year? Does anyone have any information whether they will release any other additional prehistoric figure/s?

Thialfi

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on May 22, 2021, 09:57:51 AM
Is Diplodocus the only dinosaur figure going to be released by Eofauna this year? Does anyone have any information whether they will release any other additional prehistoric figure/s?
Probably. They typically only do one release at a time.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: