News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo- new for 2014

Started by Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, November 08, 2013, 04:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Better quality pictures of the new Dinos.

tanystropheus

The toob is really interesting (and perhaps an indication that Papo is growing financially...and is now ready to explore new opportunities to expand the prehistoric line), but the theropods are weirdly retro.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Dilophosaurus is really nice..only minor quibbles are the nipped crotch and the missing 4th digit..but they are minor nitpicks.

The Archeopteryx does appear to have feathers down the back of the neck from what I can see..odd they painted them different.

Baby Trike will go great with his JP mama ! ;)

Jetoar

A toob, is not bad idea  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Everything_Dinosaur

Production/distribution schedule for Papo dinosaurs et al (interestingly referred to as "The Dinosaurs" in Papo's own notes.  Archaeopteryx available some time after March 1st, this is the first of the three new models to be released.  The Dilophosaurus is due to follow with an approximate release date of May/June.  The young Triceratops is due for release in quarter 3 so we would anticipate July/August or thereabouts.  There can be a bit of slippage in terms of dates etc, but these are the best estimates given to us. For anyone interested in the Mini Tub extension (pack of six dinosaur models in a tub) we have been informed it will be available May.  We don't have the dimensions yet on the mini dinosaurs set, but we will publish this information soon.

Hermes888

The "toob" (a term Safari LTD invented) is actually pretty cool. It's like all unofficial Jurassic Park figures put into one small collection.

Roselaar

Neato, release dates and a toob! :)

Is it me, or do the jaws on the toob's Theropods appear to be poseable? It is kind of a Papo trademark after all...

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on January 15, 2014, 10:36:37 AM
Production/distribution schedule for Papo dinosaurs et al (interestingly referred to as "The Dinosaurs" in Papo's own notes.  Archaeopteryx available some time after March 1st, this is the first of the three new models to be released.  The Dilophosaurus is due to follow with an approximate release date of May/June.  The young Triceratops is due for release in quarter 3 so we would anticipate July/August or thereabouts.  There can be a bit of slippage in terms of dates etc, but these are the best estimates given to us. For anyone interested in the Mini Tub extension (pack of six dinosaur models in a tub) we have been informed it will be available May.  We don't have the dimensions yet on the mini dinosaurs set, but we will publish this information soon.
But in HandHWC said the Archaeopteryx will be in late February, Dilophosaurus in March and Baby triceratops in spring. Or HandHWC didnt updated their website with the new info that you provided

alexeratops

Quote from: Roselaar on January 15, 2014, 03:02:42 PM
Neato, release dates and a toob! :)

Is it me, or do the jaws on the toob's Theropods appear to be poseable? It is kind of a Papo trademark after all...

I see that too, I think they are. :)
like a bantha!

joossa

The toob dinos are very nice for what they are... toob dinos.  :))

Maybe it's just me, but I have always pictured Dilophosaurus to have an almost graceful slim build. This Papo one looks on the bulky side, which makes it look "off" in my perception of it.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: joossa on January 17, 2014, 06:44:20 AM
The toob dinos are very nice for what they are... toob dinos.  :))

Maybe it's just me, but I have always pictured Dilophosaurus to have an almost graceful slim build. This Papo one looks on the bulky side, which makes it look "off" in my perception of it.
It could just be the angle. It doesn't look any bulkier than the Sideshow Dilo.

I don't think there's anything wrong with seeing a little less shrink wrapped than usual. A lot of reconstructions I see are influenced too heavily by the JP version, which looks skinny and starved

postsaurischian

Quote from: joossa on January 17, 2014, 06:44:20 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I have always pictured Dilophosaurus to have an almost graceful slim build. .......

No, it's not just you. I had exactly the same thought when I looked at the picture for the first time.

The toob Dinos look like Chinasaurs to me. Not that this is a bad thing but I'm not interested at all.

The Archaeopteryx seems to be a very interesting figure, but at the risk of boring everybody I repeat myself and some other forum members: What a wonderful Archaeopteryx could we have if Papo combined their awesome sculpting abilities with paleontological research :o ::)?

The baby Trike is a must-have :).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Recall the JP version is supposedly a juvenile animal so being on the leaner side would make sense. Seems dinosaurs became larger and bulkier the bigger/older many of them became. 

Hellraptor

I Think the dilophosaurus looks great as it is, its not to bulky or to slender. I wouldnt mind if they sculpted if after the JP one either since i love that version.

The Archeopteryx is cool, its just odd to see it with a bald look but still looks great.

The baby trike, well i dont Think i gonna get it actually.
Taking dinosaurs of this islandis the worst idea in the long, sad story of bad ideas

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Hellraptor on January 18, 2014, 12:12:00 AM
I Think the dilophosaurus looks great as it is, its not to bulky or to slender. I wouldnt mind if they sculpted if after the JP one either since i love that version.

The Archeopteryx is cool, its just odd to see it with a bald look but still looks great.

The baby trike, well i dont Think i gonna get it actually.

I too would have been happy with either a JP or realistic version.

Archeopteryx, it's not bald..it has feathers on the back of the head and I think it has small feathers on the neck..they're just a different color.

The baby Trike is very JP inspired I think. ;)

Hellraptor

Archeopteryx, it's not bald..it has feathers on the back of the head and I think it has small feathers on the neck..they're just a different color.

[/quote] oh i missed that on the Archeo ;)
Taking dinosaurs of this islandis the worst idea in the long, sad story of bad ideas

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Hellraptor on January 18, 2014, 10:13:07 AM

oh i missed that on the Archeo ;)
[/quote]

It's hard to see except in the new pics..I think it would be fine if painted to match the body.

Concavenator

Papo's website updated including 2014 PDF catalogue:
http://www.papo-france.com/catalogue/2014/mobile/index.html
Looks like the Dilophosaurus and Archaeopteryx are not having moveable jaws  :-X  ???

amanda

Becuase they don't make a deal out of orr...(still waiting for it to load..) These would be the first theropods without that feature then?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amanda on January 22, 2014, 05:25:51 PM
Becuase they don't make a deal out of orr...(still waiting for it to load..) These would be the first theropods without that feature then?
No, the oviraptor doesn't have a moveable jaw :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: