News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohannesB

If I were to buy another Rebor figure, it would be this:

At first I thought something funny with the shape of the maxilla (too convex?), and the legs rather short, but maybe I am over-reacting.

Shonisaurus

What I see is that the tail of tyrannosaurus rex is too arched on the ground, my opinion is to prevent falls of that figure. But of course I celebrate that Rebor has made this figure cheap and beautiful and scientifically well done. In my case I am very happy with this figure.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 04, 2018, 08:30:55 PM
Am I the only one who finds the crocodile more interesting than the bendy anaconda?
More interesting than the bendy Anaconda? No. More interesting than the bendy Titanoboa? Yes. ;D

Shonisaurus

What I like about the crocodile that is part of the titanoba set is the following:

It does not have articulated members, the titanoboa if it has them.

Having no members articulated from my honest point of view is more of a collection than a toy. The titanoboa is very cool but what I do not like is its excessive articulation, it makes the figure too articulate a toy figure (independently of its genius as a figure) as a collection.

The crocodile not being articulated usually lacks seams, the titanoboa obviously being articulated will have seams due to its excessive articulation.

A non-articulated figure is much more artistic to me than an articulated one. If the details are perfect, a non-articulated figure has much more merit, since the articulated figure of the titanoboa will be more detailed, but that will be because the figure has been made in separate pieces.

On the other hand, as the crocodile does not have an articulated jaw, nor articulated parts of the body, these parts of the figures are not given. The titanoboa or any articulated piece will obviously give of itself if its joints are forced a lot and even without being forced.

A non-articulated PVC figure is obviously cheaper than an articulated one since it usually involves lower costs.

I'm glad that Rebor's vinyl tyrannosaurus is not articulated.

As a postdata everything I have said I do with the utmost respect first to the sculptors who make the articulated figures including Rebor whose figures are equally great articulated or not, I also say that I say this with the utmost respect to the majority of DTF members that are in favor of the articulated figures or with articulated parts and that does not mean that I do not like the articulated dinosaurs. I like both articulated and non-articulated dinosaurs. It is a sincere opinion of my preferences about the sculptures of dinosaur figures and a comparison from my point of view that is debatable and criticizable by forum members, but I want to be honest.

IrritatorRaji

HELLO YOU BEAUTY!!

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
"
Via Rebor on Facebook

Guys, 2019 is so totally gonna be my year, Schiech, Safari, Rebor... so many beautiful Spinos...

Takama

Wow, The were talking the truth.

I wonder if its a Part of the Grab N Go Line.

I would like it to be a part of the Grab N Go Line

IrritatorRaji

They never officially stated that the Grab N Go was for scientifically accurate figures only, but given that their other Spinosaurus is part of their normal line up and their only T.rex that isn't inspired by a film franchise is not a part of the normal releases, I suppose it'd be safe to assume that the new Spino is part of their Grab N Go?

Ceratosaurus

They have since answered that it is indeed part of the Grab 'N Go. I currently own zero Vinyl figures. I guess there's gotta be a first.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Faelrin

Oh man I can't wait to see that beauty painted up. There's going to be so many awesome Spinosaurus figures for 2019 (now if only there was a re-release, repaint, or retool, etc of Mattel's with wider distribution...). It's going to be interesting to see what both Papo and CollectA have in store too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

tyrantqueen

The T. rex and Spinosaurus are pretty good. There seems to be some shrink wrapping (particularly on the rex's head) but this a good effort. This is what I personally like to see- Rebor doing their own thing instead of Jurassic Park.

Minmiminime

This is a very pleasant and unexpected surprise tonight! Very nice design, I'm very impressed :o That antero-lateral shot is particularly effective, it really looks alive and conveys a great sense of vastness and power, even with the intensity of the detail. The more I look at it the more I like love it! ;D
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

Another figure of spinosaurus in this case of Rebor updated and are already three figures according to updated scientific patterns. Magnificent figure of Rebor that moves away from figures of Hollywood movies. More realism and more perfection apart from this this spinosaurus has an admirable detail has its own artistic philosophy which makes it much more attractive. That robust physical constitution in the spinosaurus of Rebor scientist I have not seen in other spinosaurus.

As a note I must say that I have always liked Rebor and it has given me great joys and illusions as a buyer. Thank you Rebor for all your creations! The bad thing that a lot of the figures that you reveal in your web page, its commercialization in the stores goes unfortunately for a long time.

First of all I congratulate the scientific / pop brand of Rebor in its two facets are fabulous.

MLMjp

The good news: Another possible replacement for my CollectA Spino, if Schleich Spino is not good enough, this could do it.
The bad news: Who knows when it be released... ::)

PD: At this point I think we should forget about everything that they said they will do an only focus on what we actually have pictures of. If we see a prototype of it, we know its coming, if there is no prototype and is only a comment on their Facebook, forget about it. So forget about the King Trident Triceratops, the "Ravage" Allosaurus(Saurophaganax) maximus and others.

Syndicate Bias

Nice. Rebor has many things I may need to get next year lol.

Shadowknight1

Okay, the rex was kinda tempting(still probably going for Killer Queen since it'd be nice to have a JP Rex that doesn't have a mangled face, looking at you Papo Running Rex!), but this is fantastic looking.  And Ozymandias is a fantastic name for the most ancient of ancient Egyptians.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

mgaguilar

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on October 12, 2018, 09:04:35 PM
HELLO YOU BEAUTY!!

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
"
Via Rebor on Facebook

Guys, 2019 is so totally gonna be my year, Schiech, Safari, Rebor... so many beautiful Spinos...

WHAT IN THE HECKKKK! 2019 IS GOING TO BE AN AMAZING YEARRRR.
Let's see:

1. Eofauna Giganotosaurus, 2. REBOR, Schleich, Safari Spinosaurus aegyptiacus, 3. And of course, the abundance of rexes that I do not have.
This one is straight up SUCH a beauty. I love the hyper-texturalization for the scaling, it somehow works much better due to the crocodilian direction that they are taking with this sculpt.

avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji  It's been a longggg time coming. So happy for you!!!!

Syndicate Bias

2019 is the 2018 we needed but not the one we got

Both jp rex and spino
Both grab n go Rex n Spino
Eofaunas Giganotosaurus
Rebors Stygymoloch
And hopefully PNSO Spino and Giganotosaurus and Amargasaurus.

Oh man, I dont know what to do first  :))

I'm happy Giganotosaurus has finally gotten the treatment and attention it needed, Eofaunas is the model that answers the perfect dino figure thread to me, it looks and gives off this strange vibe I used to get as a kid from seeing this beast in books or pictures.

Spino fans get their hands on a lot of Spinos next year and also adds a lot of good ones, very exciting to see they got what they wanted like we did

Rex fans sort of did? Affordable JP rexes but most importantly the more accurate grab n go rex. This is quite the year its turning out to be. Cant wait to see what papo has in store now

IrritatorRaji

"Totally looks like a real snake!"
Via Facebook

MESOZOIC BEAST

That Spinosaurus is much more like it...well done REBOR

DragonRider02

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on October 15, 2018, 04:23:52 PM
"Totally looks like a real snake!"
Via Facebook

When I first saw it I though it's a ridiculously long Leopard Spotted Slug wrapped around a stick lol

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: