You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Scientifically Accurate Tyrannosaurus rex "Kiss” and “Tusk”

Started by GojiraGuy1954, June 14, 2021, 08:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimbeard

They look great, both versions! I like them far better than PNSOs Wilson, especially the lipped version with the darker head.

I will still wait for Eofaunas version until I decied which will be my "definitly" chunky, scaly Tyrannosaurus, but this is a strong contender.

Pliosaurking

Theriz

Over9K

They do look great, but I hope Kiss will be able to close that mouth completely...

Faelrin

Oh I would definitely be good with that instead. Gives me some breathing room to work with.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SRF

Looking at the comments on Rebor's Facebook page, apparently there will only be one production batch of Kiss and Tusk and they're already sold out because of pre-orders. That's lame. I thought it would become available at Dutch online stores like Speelboer.com or Diermodel.nl, just like other Rebor releases. If that's not the case, I'll probably won't get any of these figures myself.  ???
But today, I'm just being father

Pliosaurking

Cretaceous Crab

Quote from: SRF on June 19, 2022, 08:11:43 AMLooking at the comments on Rebor's Facebook page, apparently there will only be one production batch of Kiss and Tusk and they're already sold out because of pre-orders. That's lame. I thought it would become available at Dutch online stores like Speelboer.com or Diermodel.nl, just like other Rebor releases. If that's not the case, I'll probably won't get any of these figures myself.  ???

That IS lame. I was hoping to get Kiss as well.

Carnoking

Last I checked, pre-orders are still available at Big Bad Toy Store? Not sure why they'd be saying they were sold out other than to build a false sense of urgency.

On the other hand, if presales really did go that well, that's a good sign for the sale numbers of this figure and would hopefully incentivize REBOR to not only make more but to also do more dinosaurs in this style.

SRF

Quote from: Carnoking on June 19, 2022, 01:41:28 PMLast I checked, pre-orders are still available at Big Bad Toy Store? Not sure why they'd be saying they were sold out other than to build a false sense of urgency.

On the other hand, if presales really did go that well, that's a good sign for the sale numbers of this figure and would hopefully incentivize REBOR to not only make more but to also do more dinosaurs in this style.

They've actually stated that there would only be one production batch. Still not sure if Rebor is trolling though.

As a European, I'm not going to order at BBTS.
But today, I'm just being father

Carnoking

Right, I saw that comment from them and got a little confused. Has Everything Dinosaur even said anything about getting some in and/or whether or not there would be a limited quantity?

Concavenator

As with the several Rebor products that were teased and never saw the light of the day, this is, again, bad advertising. Why didn't they announce from the beginning that these were going to be a single production run? I bet everyone got the impression when these were announced that they weren't going to be limited.

On another note, bad advertising aside, I really don't understand why didn't they make it clear from the first moment, it simply doesn't make sense, commercially. Based on what Rebor said, these have been very succesful. So one would expect that, by announcing they would be limited to a single batch, you would only boost your sales (and also you wouldn't be hiding important information to your customers, because it already looks like there were people interested in getting them but won't be able to, because of these news). Didn't they say their tiger coloured Smilodon was a limited-edition? Why couldn't they have done the same with those T.rex?

Blade-of-the-Moon

They might be sold out to retailers. Retailers ordered a batch each and that's all there is, no indication of quantity made there.

Retailers are getting so much product but the costs have risen so I see this is very likely. Everyone wants what's new. What's new quickly becomes old. It's in a company's best interest to get more new stuff out fast now even if that means in limited quantity.  You have to stay relevant.  It's a widespread issue with anyone in some form of marketing. From youtubers to toy companies.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Carnoking on June 19, 2022, 01:41:28 PMLast I checked, pre-orders are still available at Big Bad Toy Store? Not sure why they'd be saying they were sold out other than to build a false sense of urgency.

Depending how REBOR (or potentially BBTS) handle pre-orders, the pre-orders are sometimes made by retailers, so each retailer pre-orders a chunk they feel that they can sell.

Carnoking

So REBOR is saying they've sold all they plan to make to their distributors but some distributors still have stock? I guess that would make sense.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Carnoking on June 19, 2022, 08:26:36 PMSo REBOR is saying they've sold all they plan to make to their distributors but some distributors still have stock? I guess that would make sense.
Exactly.

Takama

So the Best T.rex That avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO makes was a Limited Edition all along?

Go figure from a comapny that prefers monsters over animals

suspsy

Quote from: SRF on June 19, 2022, 08:11:43 AMLooking at the comments on Rebor's Facebook page, apparently there will only be one production batch of Kiss and Tusk and they're already sold out because of pre-orders. That's lame. I thought it would become available at Dutch online stores like Speelboer.com or Diermodel.nl, just like other Rebor releases. If that's not the case, I'll probably won't get any of these figures myself.  ???

Huh. Apparently even when Rebor does something right, they still do it wrong. But hopefully they will rectify this.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 19, 2022, 05:05:40 PMThey might be sold out to retailers. Retailers ordered a batch each and that's all there is, no indication of quantity made there.

Retailers are getting so much product but the costs have risen so I see this is very likely. Everyone wants what's new. What's new quickly becomes old. It's in a company's best interest to get more new stuff out fast now even if that means in limited quantity.  You have to stay relevant.  It's a widespread issue with anyone in some form of marketing. From youtubers to toy companies.

Exactly

SidB

Quote from: suspsy on June 19, 2022, 10:17:35 PM

Huh. Apparently even when Rebor does something right, they still do it wrong. But hopefully they will rectify this.
It seems that as much as I had anticipated getting this figure, it won't be available except for a few. I'll just have to wait for the projected Eofauna T-rex, which isn't so bad at all.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: