News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva’s Cyberzoic Series

Started by suspsy, September 24, 2021, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

In this newest update as well as some from the past, I wonder what some of the species shown are.

From the most recent update:

I wonder what the small dinosaurs are.  Buitreraptor or Velociraptor perhaps?

I wonder what the flying animals and the theropod in the distance are.  Perhaps the theropod is a Daspletosaurus with a different colouration to the one shown before.

I wonder what the quadrupedal dinosaurs are.  Iguanodon perhaps?

From older updates:

I wonder what the spinosaurid and flying animal are.

I wonder what the flying animals here are?  And I just noticed there are what seem to be dinosaur species in the distance too, I wonder what they are.

If I'm remembering right, David has said that pterosaurs are possible for Cyberzoic.

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Sim on September 03, 2022, 03:28:06 PMI wonder what the small dinosaurs are.  Buitreraptor or Velociraptor perhaps?
First I thought they were Deinonychus, but in the artwork that first showed the Deinonychus they were blue. So, no idea.

---

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioWe have a very exciting sculpt reveal today courtesy of Jake Baardse- here's the first look at his sculpt for the Beasts of the Mesozoic Allosaurus fragilis!

I also want to note an error on the previously shown color design for this figure- I did mistake the A. jimmadseni head for the A. fragilis head, so I'll be correcting that design a bit later. Kudos to those who noticed.

Carnoking

That's a mighty fine looking sculpt. At this point, I'd say it's a bit of a shame David does so few of these figures in 1/35 scale. He'd stand to replace a good chunk of my collection if he did!

Faelrin

Yeah I definitely would love to see more done in that scale as well. Gonna be weird only having the T. rex (and perhaps the sub adult Triceratops) in this scale. But at the same time I do like the 1/18th scale as well. Truly small species like the Velociraptor and Protoceratops are able to still be feasible at this scale, and the large theropods like T. rex are big, but not unnecessarily so if at a larger scale like 1/12. Granted it probably means most sauropods (short of smaller ones like Amargasaurus, hopefully), are out of the question. But hey at least there's the Mattel ones about. Not accurate, and nowhere near the complex paint apps of these figures, but nice to have nonetheless. Granted I don't think I'd be able to afford a large BotM sauropod anyways. The adult T. rex is definitely pushing it for me.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

1:18 is a great scale for smaller animals, but yeah, I'm not going for an animal as large as Allosaurus at that scale. I do have some of the big ceratopsians in 1:18, but only ones that don't have good figures at a more manageable size.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

I think it's only a matter of time before we see more 1/35 dinosaurs. I can totally see Allosaurus and Stegosaurus being huge sellers at that scale.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: suspsy on September 09, 2022, 04:07:06 AMI think it's only a matter of time before we see more 1/35 dinosaurs. I can totally see Allosaurus and Stegosaurus being huge sellers at that scale.
I'd love to see those two at that scale. Will be a definite buy.

Concavenator

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres avatar_suspsy @suspsy avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 I asked David a few weeks ago if would it be possible to have 1:35 versions of Allosaurus and Stegosaurus and he told me that it's not out of the question, and that he plans to continue with the 1:35 line. In that case, I would say those two are among, if not the most likely next releases at that scale.

Also, love that A.fragilis! Looking forward to see the eventual A.jimmadseni as well before deciding which one to go for. Even though Allosaurus is my favorite prehistoric animal, if I were to choose between species, I think I'd go with A.jimmadseni. Though it all comes down to which species David chooses for the 1:35 release (if it comes to be). That's the one I would really go for, regardless of the species. And I think if he was to choose only 1 species for the 1:35 release, he would choose A.fragilis.

Quote from: Sim on August 31, 2022, 05:22:15 PMOn a different note, David has expressed interest in making Suchomimus, Parasaurolophus and Amargasaurus, I think for the second series of Cyberzoic.  Personally I'm very happy that Suchomimus might be made.  I need that and a Baryonyx!  avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin, if I'm remembering right David specifically said that Parasaurolophus is high priority for the second Cyberzoic series.

Thank you for sharing this, avatar_Sim @Sim . I really like those choices, especially Suchomimus and Amargasaurus, two of my favorite dinosaurs. The Parasaurolophus is welcome too, because there are no figures of it that satisfies me atm. Again, ideally these would be released at 1:35 as well, though I'm not holding my breath, except for, maybe, the Parasaurolophus.

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioWe have a brand new armor design to show this time for Cyberzoic Friday. The most formidable theropod in the Fire Clan army must have an equally imposing armor unit, so here's Acrocanthosaurus featuring the Sinderblade A.I. armor!
Concept art by Ross Persichetti.

I hope this means a color concept is not far off. This is without a doubt my most hyped figure.

Faelrin

So the armor can morph into a machine version of a stegosaurid. I find that really interesting. I wonder if there will be more like this.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator, if I'm remembering right David said that when the time comes for spinosaurid figures Suchomimus is likely, and that he's been wanting to make Amargasaurus for a long time.

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia, thanks for all the sharing of Creative Beast Studio news you do. :)  It's good to see progress on the Acrocanthosaurus, I'm planning to get either the BotM or Cyberzoic version of it and it looks like it will be my biggest prehistoric animal figure.  I'm eager to see more of the Utahraptor and the Dilophosaurus, the Stegosaurus model and the Cyberzoic Styracosaurus colour scheme.

Halichoeres

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Ah that's interesting, I agree that if there are going to be additional 1:35 figures, Allosaurus and Stegosaurus are likely candidates.

Echoing what Sim said, avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia I also appreciate your sharing news here so I have one less reason to go to social media!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Yes, I also greatly appreciate being able to add all these images to the OP.

The Acrocanthosaurus ought to look great in Xmas iguana colours, but David mentioned on Facebook that he has more concepts coming out first. Me, I'd love to see one or both of the nodosaurs.

Sim

I was checking roughly how big some species would be in 1:18 compared to the Acrocanthosaurus, and Suchomimus would be around the same size.  I would definitely still want it, it would be worth getting without a doubt.  I would also be fine if it was made a bit smaller so it can share parts with Baryonyx.  Or maybe Baryonyx could be made the same size as a 1:18 Suchomimus for parts sharing?  Giganotosaurus and Spinosaurus would be huge in 1:18 scale, I don't envy those who like those species!

suspsy

A 1:18 Giganotosaurus would be the same size as the 1:18 T. rex, only slimmer and slightly longer. A 1:18 Spinosaurus would be longer still and even slimmer.

Eocarcharia

Well I'm glad my addiction to checking the Creative Beast Studio facebook page for news every day has done some good  :))

Honestly I'm not too bummed about waiting for the Acro design, I'd be just as happy to see any other species. I figure Dilophosaurus is probably one of the next ones since it's the only other new species to get a proper teaser so far.

Speaking of Suchomimus, that's another favorite of mine that I would be just as hyped to get. But that would be so far off from now, it would probably be another 3 years at least.

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioSoon, I'll be putting the finishing touches on the Cyberzoic Arctic Dragon prototype. Big thanks to my boy Matt Holt (aka 'The Splatterhouse') for the awesome paintwork! More photos to come.

EmperorDinobot

I was ogling at that just now. I think I may have to get one.

suspsy

I still have zero interest in the dragons and am fully confident that that will never change, but I know a masterpiece when I see it and this is one!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: