News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stegotyranno's Art

Started by Stegotyranno420, March 27, 2020, 10:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

best spino?

1st
0 (0%)
2nd
0 (0%)
3rd
0 (0%)
4th
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 21, 2020, 07:48:50 PM

Stegotyranno420

Iguanodonts in river wip.
Tho I may scrap it.

Allosaurus and Tyrannosaurus done in a mode traditional painting style

JPuggy

Haven't checked in on your art in a while, and it's even better than I remember! Great work, keep it up

Stegotyranno420

Thanks avatar_JPuggy @JPuggy
Fictional city by a sea. I probably will do more of this and take a break from dinosaurs

Megaraptor

The Spinosaurus

Hi, I'm relatively new to this but avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420, could you do a Shaochilong some time. It's a really interesting genus and being a carcharodontosaurid(probably), there's a lot you could do with it, wether a sail/ridge/hump like Acrocanthosaurus, or feathers, or keratin crests or ridges on it's head! I'm not sure if I need to pay for a commission but if not, I'd love to see your take! Your art is amazing! Keep up the good work! Love your art!

Stegotyranno420

Alaskan stenonychosaurid
I'm sorry if I don't make a lot of art, I'm in a bad time of my life where everything is going awful

The Spinosaurus

Wow! The shading of the feathers around the jaw is so good! Good job!

TooOldForDinosaurs

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 Fabulous drawing! I like this one a lot. The animal looks very alive and I'm impressed how you managed with few colors to still bring in so much variety and nuances. You nailed the shading and the lights!

I'm very sorry to hear that you're not doing well. Whatever you're dealing with, I wish you a lot of strength to get through it all and the motivation to get back to drawing more again. Even if I don't comment very often, I always enjoy coming back to your thread and looking at your new art. If you ever need someone to talk to or who just listens to you, don't hesitate to DM.

Stegotyranno420

Thank you both.
avatar_The Spinosaurus @The Spinosaurus this one is internesting as I blended my own technique and traditional techniques together, it was fun, except the storage management...
avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs thank you for your message. It is very appreciated by me, and what you said is thoughtful.

What I said back there is a bit exaggerated, as since school started for me, my skills and luck have been declining. I don't wish to pout about it like I used to do so immaturely years ago(there's some messages in the beginning of this thread I have deleted haha), but I must be honest. This happens every August however, I always bounce back, thankfully. Another problem is my IPad Storage,for I only have so much space for Sticknodes(my animation studio) and Sketchbook(My painting app). I had to delete all my sketches to make space, and while they are all around the internet, it's still a bit surreal to have deleted a more than a years worth of artwork from its original sources. There was plenty of sketches I never showed anyone, save for a few (formerly)close friends, but they were just doodles, backups, alternatives, or tests.

School just makes me so tired. I don't know what it is that makes it so grueling compared to last year, the classes are similar, the food is the same, routine is similar expect it is 50 minutes ahead, and you'd think it'll make one feel better, but all it does is move ones bed time further. When I come home I need to relax, and my weekend is either that, or yard work. I am grateful to have basic necessities and schooling, and even luxuries like a IPad and Figurines and I don't wish to whine, but as said before, I must come clean about why I haven't been making much. I appreciate all support that is given :)

Oh yeah here's a Nothosaurus I made, I want to make more Triassic and possibly Permian art in the future

And sketches of a now deleted Asfaltovenator

TooOldForDinosaurs

I am relieved it's not as grievous as it sounded. But it definitely does not get across as whining and you don't have to justify or explain yourself for having to let off some frustration or negative thoughts. That does suck about the art that you had to delete. Can you not backup the projects on some kind of storage cloud or external hard drive?
Well I hope we'll be seeing your art on the weekends then and the Nothosaurus looks very good, especially the scale detail on its lower jaw and neck.

Pliosaurking

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 great job on that nothosaurus!

Stegotyranno420

The Spinosaurus

The Nothosaurus is so good! Much better than the Camp Cretaceous one ;) ! I love the color scheme of the Rutiodon too! The asfaltovenator line art is also very nice with the scalation! Hope you're doing better, buddy!

Concavenator

I love that Asfaltovenator in particular, very nice blue and the perspective of the claws is so cool. And the detailing is on-point too!

On another hand, I hope things are going better for you. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing and you'll bounce back yet again! To be honest, the start of a new academic year can always get a bit tiresome at the beginning, before you get used to it.

Halichoeres

Digging the Triassic stuff!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Thank you for the support everyone.
avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I'm contemplating about slowly going into the Paleozoic, so stay tuned  ;)
avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs I work on a iPad, and I couldn't transfer it to a hard drive, and at the same time it was too much storage to even keep. So I did what made sense, as I already had posted everything onto the web. But I do hope the links dont stop working nor decrease photo quality over time, as that can happen
avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator and avatar_The Spinosaurus @The Spinosaurus thanks for the compliments regarding the line art scales, I'm personally not a fan how it looks in the end, but if you guys are saying it's good I might try it out again.

Halichoeres

Hey, the Paleozoic lasted almost 290 million years, which means less time has elapsed since its end than elapsed from its beginning to its end. So you'll never run out of material!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Diabloceratops for a school friend

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That is a lovely Diabloceratops, I can see you have improved a lot more too, it looks very lifelike.
I will look through the art I have missed in my absence later when I get the chance.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Concavenator

Very nice Diabloceratops. I like the colours, I think they fit this creature very well.

The Spinosaurus

Love the enlarges horns and frills, though I wonder if they would be more colorful. On the subject of line art, depending on the creature, you should have a mix of the Diabloceratops and the Asfaltovenator, where you highlight some scales and fade out some others, especially in areas strongly hit by light or with lots of wrinkles. Keep up the good work!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: