News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva’s Cyberzoic Series

Started by suspsy, September 24, 2021, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David96

Quote from: Faelrin on July 21, 2023, 03:17:30 AMHey folks, David responded to me with this in the kickstarter comments. Very excited to see some of those surprises down the road. Only a few months away at this point. Still feels like yesterday when I backed the tyrannosaur campaign and it was revealed to be coming.

QuoteWe do have a LOT planned for Cyberzoic, so much so that it can't all be done in one Kickstarter. So while many of the species announced will be included in this first campaign, some will have to be held back for the next one.That being said, there are also species which have not been announced. I don't want to give everything away too soon because while teasers are fun, it's also good to be surprised. :)

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Achillobator aside (I would think), are there any others, or are most offered not needed in your collections case?

Thanks, I was precisely waiting to see your answer. And while it sucks a little bit to not be able to see some of those figures in the coming Kickstarter (speacially for us Thyreophora fans), so long as they come sooner or later I'm happy. Also it's quite hyping to think about which species are being kept as a surprise by David...

Halichoeres

Quote from: Faelrin on July 21, 2023, 03:17:30 AMHey folks, David responded to me with this in the kickstarter comments. Very excited to see some of those surprises down the road. Only a few months away at this point. Still feels like yesterday when I backed the tyrannosaur campaign and it was revealed to be coming.

QuoteWe do have a LOT planned for Cyberzoic, so much so that it can't all be done in one Kickstarter. So while many of the species announced will be included in this first campaign, some will have to be held back for the next one.That being said, there are also species which have not been announced. I don't want to give everything away too soon because while teasers are fun, it's also good to be surprised. :)

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Achillobator aside (I would think), are there any others, or are most offered not needed in your collections case?

Yeah, I'm not really an action figure collector, so I'm only buying the BotM ones when there is no good static figure. Now that the focus has shifted a bit, that's just happening less often. But I did order the Achillobator, good guess!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Yeah that's what I figured, but wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.

While I'm very glad for a lot of the common genera coming in this series (since I do collect action figures), I hope some lesser known ones get added later on as well, if not by the time of the kickstarter. That was one of the highlights of the BotM family series I think. So many things that otherwise get ignored on the toy market such as most of the dromaeosaurids (plus Mononykus, and the troodontid), some of the ceratopsians, and some of the tyrannosauroids (like Guanlong and Proceratosaurus that really needed some updated takes on them). Some of those are fragmentary, others have good remains like Zhenyuanlong (including a good outline of its plumage) that keep getting ignored.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioToday we get a full look at the painted prototype for the Cyberzoic Dilophosaurus wetherilli! Amazing paintwork by Matt Holt.

Spoiler

[close]

Lynx

In the best way possible it looks like something out of a cartoon, I love this thing so much
An oversized house cat.

Carnoking

I'm obsessed with that blue mouth!

ladyferry

Will we be able to buy the dinosaurs without the armour?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ladyferry on July 28, 2023, 11:23:28 PMWill we be able to buy the dinosaurs without the armour?

I do believe David said yes, but the colors will be different.

suspsy

David said that the armour will be sold separately for the Tyrannosaurus rex, and presumably for the other announced big boys in the series like Triceratops and Acrocanthosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sim

I think I read him say the armour will be sold separately for all the dinosaurs.

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on July 29, 2023, 07:30:55 PMDavid said that the armour will be sold separately for the Tyrannosaurus rex, and presumably for the other announced big boys in the series like Triceratops and Acrocanthosaurus.
Smart move in my opinion.

I feel like having the armor set only be available when the two are sold together would be a slap in collectors face, but of course David considers the fans. Bravo to him as usual.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Sim on July 29, 2023, 08:56:11 PMI think I read him say the armour will be sold separately for all the dinosaurs.
Important to note that armour being available separately doesn't mean the associated dinosaur colourway will be. For the smaller animals the implication has been that you can get the armour separately, presumably in case you already own the BOTM version and want the armour for it, but the Cyberzoic colourways of the animals might only be available alongside the armour.

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 30, 2023, 07:19:54 AM
Quote from: Sim on July 29, 2023, 08:56:11 PMI think I read him say the armour will be sold separately for all the dinosaurs.
Important to note that armour being available separately doesn't mean the associated dinosaur colourway will be. For the smaller animals the implication has been that you can get the armour separately, presumably in case you already own the BOTM version and want the armour for it, but the Cyberzoic colourways of the animals might only be available alongside the armour.
That's quite disappointing if so, there's a few that I prefer the Cyberzoic color schemes over the BOTM.

David96

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 30, 2023, 07:19:54 AM

No, as far as we know the Cyberzoic colored versions will be sold separately from the armors (at the very least for the bigger ones, but it will probably apply aswell for the small ones). Also there will be a discount bundle for the people who want the full package, in case anyone feels that it would be a too big cost to get them all separately.

Concavenator

About the Cyberzoic variants with/without armor included, this is what David told me:

Dilopho

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 29, 2023, 04:47:45 AM
Quote from: ladyferry on July 28, 2023, 11:23:28 PMWill we be able to buy the dinosaurs without the armour?

I do believe David said yes, but the colors will be different.
It's worth noting that the dilophosaurus is planned to have a different sculpt for the botm release (no eye wattle and no ruff of feathers on the shoulder) and the smilodon is going to be accurately sized for the bot..C release, but larger sized for the cyberzoic release

Faelrin

This is why I will continue to support this man and his team:

QuoteUPDATE: We've been experiencing some challenges with the fine cut figure development of the Utahraptor and Achillobator figures in both replicating the detail of the original sculpt and with the range of motion on certain joints. Detail-wise, the initial fine cuts had many shallow, nearly flattened details on the legs and torso (mainly feathered areas). While it's not usual to have the factory go in and deepen the existing details for scale textures, this is the first time we're doing this for feathers and it's proving to be more complicated than expected. As you can see in these updated photos, the textures on the current fine cut lack the depth and fluidity of the digital sculpt and 3D printed prototypes, and the hip section has notably different feather texture than the torso when the transition should be more subtle. In addition, there are some articulation issues with the jaws barely being able to open, limited elbow range, and a large gap with the primaries on the hands when extended. So unfortunately, I will need to fix these details and articulation myself by hand. However with all of the other figures in the works right now along with events such as Power-Con and the Cyberzoic Kickstarter coming up, I'll need some time to complete these adjustments. So considering that, along with he factory's usual timeframe, I'm pushing the release of these two figures from late December to April of next year.
I know these delays seem to be commonplace and it's never something that I take lightly, but as many of you are aware, quality must take priority over the intended release date and I'm afraid that pushing these fine cuts through as they are now is just is too much of a compromise compared the proposed prototypes.

I sincerely apologize to you all for this inconvenience, but I am committed to make these releases the best they can be because just like you, I too am very excited for them. I thank you all in advance for your continued patience and support.

Images below:

Spoiler

[close]
He doesn't settle for less, and I appreciate that so much in a time when cost cutting is at an all time high (despite keeping the same, or even increasing prices). I mean he's always been like this thankfully, since I first started supporting his projects in 2016, and also the full transparency on display here as well. Way more companies should be like him, but most would just rather leave you in the dark. I would always much rather take that delay if it means improved quality in the end. Another upside with this is that the pre-order prices are cheaper then the full retail prices, and delays means more time to get things in at those prices.

When many of these figures go for over $50 bucks, I want to be sure I am getting my money's worth, as anything over that tends to get really expensive for me, without substantial saving up ahead of time. Considering the Utahraptor is like $70 (pre-order, $80 retail) that's what I mean here. This is also one I've wanted for such a long time now, I can wait a little longer to have a much better figure in the end.

Faelrin

QuoteWe have a very special first-look for this Cyberzoic Friday-here are the sculpt renders for the Dilophosaurus Fire Clan armor/ Pyro-dactyl! Armor sculpted by the latest addition to the Cyberzoic creative team, Chris Albers a.k.a. Chris Chaotic! Armor design by Ross Persichetti.
For those attending Power-Con next weekend, you can meet all three of us at the show, and be sure to attend our panel discussion next Saturday at 11:30am!

Dilophosaurus with armor:

Spoiler

[close]
Pyro-dactyl:

Spoiler

[close]
I think the fire clan has like my favorite aesthetic for the armor stuff from what we've seen so far.

Concavenator

Quote from: Flaffy on July 20, 2023, 08:06:40 PMReally hoping for a 1/35 scale Allosaurus later down the road. This sculpt looks amazing, and would be a shame if it's only available in the gigantic 1/18 scale.

This a million times. I mean, I think I'll get it despite it being in 1:18 scale regardless, as it's my all-time favorite dinosaur and it will be the best Allosaurus on the market, so on that front, it will be a worthy purchase. But since it will be the same size as the body 4 tyrannosaurs and thus also will surely be in the same price tier, it's pushing it a bit for me. A 1:35 version would be ideal!

I would suggest that all of you who would like a 1:35 version of the Allosaurus let David know about your interest (I already did). The more people that ask for it, the higher the chances it will be a reality!

David96

You guys mike like this...

(Courtesy of Paleo Nerd in Facebook)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: